• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Header Tags Controller for Admin MS 2.2

Farrukh

Hello Jack,

Thanks for your reply! I got the catalog side back online that's a big relief for me and have checked the files on the admin installation and it looks like I have them all, but still in admin when I try to click on Header Tags tab I get this:

Warning: require_once(includes/functions/header_tags.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/home/digiehu1/public_html/admin/header_tags_controller.php on line 14

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/functions/header_tags.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php') in /usr/home/digiehu1/public_html/admin/header_tags_controller.php on line 14

On the catalog side I have run the header.sql file trough phpMyAdmin and that return the catalog online! In admin... Oh it works I had a missing file on the admin side: admin/includes/functions/header_tags.php!

Ok, sorry for the error above it dissapered though that I have no ideea how to start now but I will figure it out! I have to understand first what is the use of that contribution! One more question: I'm suppose to see any change on the site cause I did not notice anything different than before the install? That's probably a stupid question but forgive me I'm a newbie!

Thanks again Jack for your help! That's why osCommerce and the contributions are such a great project because of you guys that are helping us newbies !

regards,

pietonul :thumbsup:

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For getting started, I suggest reading the included documents. For changes, the most obvious change is that title in the web browser should change for each page.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello Jack,

New problem on the admin side! I can't access anymore the catalog tab, it returns a blank page with no errors. What can be the reason for that behavior? All other tabs are working good! I tryed to clear the tags, but didn't helped. On the catalog side there are some messages when trying to go to subcategories, but I think I can resolve that in admin/catalog by adding the right entries for them- when I'll be able to access the admin/catalog again! Please take a look and let me know what you think!

http://www.digizone.hu

Thanks!

pietonul.

If it was working and is not now, then review your last steps. Usually a white page means the file that goes in the english directory was copied to the root (admin in this case) directory.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

I can't find such a file in the root of admin and I don't know if it worked before as I did not try. I meant to say that the Header Tags it's working in my previous post! All I have uploaded in the root of admin is the four(4) files that are in the install admin root! If I understand you correctly? :blink:

Thanks!

pietonul

i wouldn't normally ask for help unless i was stuck. does anyone have a link to the changes needed to be made to categories.php so that both Header Tags and Ultimate SEO will work together.

i know its been done to death and i did try to combine them myself and failed. and i did spend an hour sifting through posts and didn't seem to find the answer.

any help will be most appreciated :thumbsup:

Hi I think I'm in the right place

I have had the header tags contrib for a while and its great.

I'm trying to change the title that shows in the top blue bar of IE for certain categories but I do not want the actual title of the categories to change.

And example is on a category of TFT monitors - I am wanting to leave the heading of the page as TFT monitors but I want the title bar to read Cheap TFT Monitors;

I have tried inputting it into the other fields but it always changes more than what I want.

Thanks a lot

That is mistake, SEO wise, but if you want to do it, you would need to change the code on the product info page to use the product title instead of the header tags title (put original code back in for that part).

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Correct SEO is where the browser title matches the page title so making that change would lessen the SEO of the page.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I have what appears to successfully installed HTC (no errors), but have run into two problems:

1. After installation, all of my product information has been cleared on the admin side, I can still go to each product on the catalog side and see all of the information, but when I go to the admin side and go to change information, all fields are blank.

And to clarify, when I try to edit an existing product, it displays "New Product in" whatever category I'm in. But it still has the attributes attached to it. All other fields are blank.

2. It appears that my header tags are pulling information from somewhere else, I have set up the tags in the Header Tags Control on the admin side, but do not see any changes. It is just giving me the name of my site with no description or keyword tags at all. Just a title that is not the same as the one set up in header tags.

I am also using STS.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Edited by mgranger

hi all

i got the latest htc installed. everyting works fine . i am using chemo seo with sts.

i cant seem to figure out how i can get the Products Model to be shown in Product Title Tag, Product Description Tag, Product Keywords automatically. i can add it manualy andi can see it in title tag when i look at the product through shop front end. i have over 14000 items and doing this manually will take alot of time.

by default all products in my shop have Products Name automatically added to the Product Title Tag, Product Description Tag, Product Keywords Tag.i would also like them to add the product model number to them..

i have looked the contrib and compared it with the files on site and cant seem to figure out what i am missing.

anybody knows whats the best way to do this.

regards

I have what appears to successfully installed HTC (no errors), but have run into two problems:

1. After installation, all of my product information has been cleared on the admin side, I can still go to each product on the catalog side and see all of the information, but when I go to the admin side and go to change information, all fields are blank.

And to clarify, when I try to edit an existing product, it displays "New Product in" whatever category I'm in. But it still has the attributes attached to it. All other fields are blank.

2. It appears that my header tags are pulling information from somewhere else, I have set up the tags in the Header Tags Control on the admin side, but do not see any changes. It is just giving me the name of my site with no description or keyword tags at all. Just a title that is not the same as the one set up in header tags.

I am also using STS.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Please see this post.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

hi all

i got the latest htc installed. everyting works fine . i am using chemo seo with sts.

i cant seem to figure out how i can get the Products Model to be shown in Product Title Tag, Product Description Tag, Product Keywords automatically. i can add it manualy andi can see it in title tag when i look at the product through shop front end. i have over 14000 items and doing this manually will take alot of time.

by default all products in my shop have Products Name automatically added to the Product Title Tag, Product Description Tag, Product Keywords Tag.i would also like them to add the product model number to them..

i have looked the contrib and compared it with the files on site and cant seem to figure out what i am missing.

anybody knows whats the best way to do this.

regards

If the model is not part of the title, there isn't any code in place to add that to the title and meta tags. You would need to edit the includes/header_tags.php file to add it.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Please see this post.

Jack

Thank you, I figured out the problem. In the categories.php file, the directions have you make the following changes:

Around line 394, find this lines

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['pID']) && empty($HTTP_POST_VARS)) {

$product_query = tep_db_query("select pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_url, p.products_id, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, date_format(p.products_date_available, '%Y-%m-%d') as products_date_available, p.products_status, p.products_tax_class_id, p.manufacturers_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'] . "' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

$product = tep_db_fetch_array($product_query);

Replace with the following

//HTC BOC

if (isset ($HTTP_GET_VARS['pID']) && (!$HTTP_POST_VARS) ) {

$product_query = tep_db_query("select pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_head_title_tag, pd.products_head_desc_tag, pd.products_head_keywords_tag, pd.products_url, p.products_id, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, date_format(p.products_date_available, '%Y-%m-%d') as products_date_available, p.products_status, p.products_tax_class_id, p.manufacturers_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'] . "' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

//HTC EOC

I use the contribution morePics, and when I added the "empty" back to the original line of code in the first line it has you change, everything seems to be working from the admin side. All of the fields are filled in with the correct wording.

Do you know what effect this small change has on the code and the way the admin works? I don't want to be causing other problems by changing this.

Do you have any suggestions for my second problem that is listed in my previous post?

Thanks again for your help.

hello again

right i had a second hard crack at installing htc, got sooooooo much further this time.

got a couple of questions though

when adding a new product is it normal to see two product description fields

and when i add a new product it doesn't display (as in nothing on the page at all), however admin section seems to add it just fine. Where would i look to try to fix this problem?

cheers for any help :-"

Hello, I have a problem I hope some of you can help me with. I have OSC 2.2 RC1 installed with HTC 2.6.3 and STS 4.5.6. I am getting the following error and I can't figure it out ( I am a php newbie). Can anyone assist? The error is as follows:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_get_header_tag_products_title() (previously declared
in /homepages/21/d202393536/htdocs/wii/catalog/includes/functions/header_tags.php:7)
in /homepages/21/d202393536/htdocs/wii/catalog/includes/functions/header_tags.php on line 7

Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

Lionel

Edited by elcidd

Thank you, I figured out the problem. In the categories.php file, the directions have you make the following changes:

Around line 394, find this lines

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['pID']) && empty($HTTP_POST_VARS)) {

$product_query = tep_db_query("select pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_url, p.products_id, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, date_format(p.products_date_available, '%Y-%m-%d') as products_date_available, p.products_status, p.products_tax_class_id, p.manufacturers_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'] . "' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

Replace with the following

//HTC BOC

if (isset ($HTTP_GET_VARS['pID']) && (!$HTTP_POST_VARS) ) {

$product_query = tep_db_query("select pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_head_title_tag, pd.products_head_desc_tag, pd.products_head_keywords_tag, pd.products_url, p.products_id, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, date_format(p.products_date_available, '%Y-%m-%d') as products_date_available, p.products_status, p.products_tax_class_id, p.manufacturers_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'] . "' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

//HTC EOC

I use the contribution morePics, and when I added the "empty" back to the original line of code in the first line it has you change, everything seems to be working from the admin side. All of the fields are filled in with the correct wording.

Do you know what effect this small change has on the code and the way the admin works? I don't want to be causing other problems by changing this.

Do you have any suggestions for my second problem that is listed in my previous post?

Thanks again for your help.

You can't follow the instructions, in any contribution, exactly unless you have a unchanged shop. Since yours has been changed, you have to compare each change to what has already been made. If the code being replaced has been changed by another contribution, then you have to merge the changes.

As for your other problem, I don't use STS so I can't help with that problem. The install instructions are different for STS sites so you should see the instructions for STS that explain how to do it.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

hello again

right i had a second hard crack at installing htc, got sooooooo much further this time.

got a couple of questions though

when adding a new product is it normal to see two product description fields

and when i add a new product it doesn't display (as in nothing on the page at all), however admin section seems to add it just fine. Where would i look to try to fix this problem?

cheers for any help :-"

Please see this post.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Like all contributions, it is in the contributions section which you can find above in the Community section of the menu. Or you can look at the first page for a link. SEF stands for Search Engine Friendly and refers to making a site work the way the search engines prefer so they treat you better.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Any problem in admin is almost always caused by a mistake in the editing of the admin/categories.php file. Try using the one in the contribution to see if the problem clears up. If so, then compare the two to find the problem.

Jack

i really appreciate the response jack. but it didn't clear up my problem though. Its very strange with the stock contribution categories.php file it still doesn't display the products when they are added.

The admin section adds them and uploads them fine (as before), it even shows the preview as working fine. To top it i can see the products in the catalog when looking at a category but the page is blank when i click on the product

Here is a example test category, you'll see the top two don't have pages but the bottom one does because it was added before HTC

My Website

Cheers for any help