The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Header Tags Controller for Admin MS 2.2

Farrukh

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FANTASTIC! It's working just great.

I can see how to use it to create things such as titles and descriptions on the product pages, but how do I change the home page's title from "Home Page - osCommerce" to something else?

FANTASTIC! It's working just great.

I can see how to use it to create things such as titles and descriptions on the product pages, but how do I change the home page's title from "Home Page - osCommerce" to something else?

Please read the Install_Catalog.txt instructions.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi,

I have been trying to get STS working together with HTC. Finally I have got the megapowerpack working....or so it seems. I have installed the default STS and in HTC filled in all tags. Next I filled in some keywords and stuff in the text control. I have overcome some warnings about chmods, but all seems fine. No more warnings. Except that if I view the source of my indexpage, it doesn't change my Title in "nuthouse". Keywords and description are non-existant. I am probably overlooking something simple, but what?

TIA

Gina

Except that if I view the source of my indexpage, it doesn't change my Title in "nuthouse". Keywords and description are non-existant. I am probably overlooking something simple, but what?
If the title changes on the products pages, then you have, probably, either not installed the changes on index.php or have not set up the index page in admin->Header Tags->Text Control.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

If the title changes on the products pages, then you have, probably, either not installed the changes on index.php or have not set up the index page in admin->Header Tags->Text Control.

Jack

No it doesn't change on the product pages and I have set up the index page numerous times. After I set up the megapowerpack, do I have to configure extra things? It said check the pages in the documents folder, but unfortunately there was no documents-folder :( I will look if there is a thread about it.

Thanks anyway.

gina

No it doesn't change on the product pages and I have set up the index page numerous times. After I set up the megapowerpack, do I have to configure extra things? It said check the pages in the documents folder, but unfortunately there was no documents-folder :( I will look if there is a thread about it.

Thanks anyway.

gina

Unfortunately, I am not familiar with the megapowerpack contribution. If that is the same as the regular STS contribution, or even if it isn't I suppose, you could look at the contributions section for STS. There is a package there that has install instructions for Header Tags and STS. You could also try turning STS off to see if Header Tags works. If it does, then the problem has to do with how STS is setup. Otherwise, it is a problem with the Header Tags installation.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi,

I have been trying to get STS working together with HTC. Finally I have got the megapowerpack working....or so it seems. I have installed the default STS and in HTC filled in all tags. Next I filled in some keywords and stuff in the text control. I have overcome some warnings about chmods, but all seems fine. No more warnings. Except that if I view the source of my indexpage, it doesn't change my Title in "nuthouse". Keywords and description are non-existant. I am probably overlooking something simple, but what?

TIA

Gina

Gina,

I posted a response to the thread where you had posted earlier.

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...t&p=1133555

That should clear things up for you. *I am not the author of the MegaPack but the original author did use my sts/htc bundle for his contribution.

Hope it helped you out,

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

I have not been able to resolve this problem with HTC

Installed 3 Sep 2007 version 2.6.3

I don't get errors, but my products pages don't hold the tags added in each individual product page.

Would appreciate any help with this, point in the right direction.

Thanks

Thomas0012

Hi,

I have the STS and HTC bundle installed and I want to add a new language, dutch. I tried adjusting the existing dutch pages I have according to the working english pages. I have the fill-tags section working. But how do I get "text control"working? It links to header_tags_english.php, and I have copied that to header_tags_dutch.php, and when I type that in manually I get the page, but update sends me to FILENAME_HEADER_TAGS_DUTCH. The line in the code is this:

<td align="center"><?php echo (tep_image_submit('button_update.gif', IMAGE_UPDATE) ) . ' <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_HEADER_TAGS_DUTCH, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action'))) .'">' . '</a>'; ?></td>

I am no coder, does anybody know what should I add and where?

TIA

Gina

I don't get errors, but my products pages don't hold the tags added in each individual product page.

Thanks

Thomas0012

Please see this.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi,

I have the STS and HTC bundle installed and I want to add a new language, dutch. I tried adjusting the existing dutch pages I have according to the working english pages. I have the fill-tags section working. But how do I get "text control"working? It links to header_tags_english.php, and I have copied that to header_tags_dutch.php, and when I type that in manually I get the page, but update sends me to FILENAME_HEADER_TAGS_DUTCH. The line in the code is this:

<td align="center"><?php echo (tep_image_submit('button_update.gif', IMAGE_UPDATE) ) . ' <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_HEADER_TAGS_DUTCH, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action'))) .'">' . '</a>'; ?></td>

I am no coder, does anybody know what should I add and where?

TIA

Gina

You have to add the definition of FILENAME_HEADER_TAGS_DUTCH to the inclues/filenames.php file. See the existing header tags changes in that file to see how.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

If it's easier to look into the file rather than forum file is available at http://savsec.co.uk/categories.txt

Thanks for help.

Please see this.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

You have to add the definition of FILENAME_HEADER_TAGS_DUTCH to the inclues/filenames.php file. See the existing header tags changes in that file to see how.

Hi Jack,

That was it! Thank you! The next thing I ran into was that my added new language page admin/header_tags_dutch.php updated my english headers. The $language part didn't work because you don't select it if you type in the link manually.

I changed this code in :

$filename = DIR_FS_CATALOG. DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/header_tags.php';

to

$filename = DIR_FS_CATALOG. DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . '/dutch/header_tags.php';

It isn't pretty, but gets the job done :)

Thanks again!

Gina

Edited by chemjul2005

Do you have any other contibs that affect the url like Ultimate SEO urls ... ?

I had an issue with the php_self variable returning a rewritten url which had HTC fail to recognize the page was to have header tags inserted ...

If you dont have re-written urls my tip wont be of much use :)

Thanks

Thomas0012

Do you have any other contibs that affect the url like Ultimate SEO urls ... ?

I had an issue with the php_self variable returning a rewritten url which had HTC fail to recognize the page was to have header tags inserted ...

If you dont have re-written urls my tip wont be of much use :)

Jacks Link did the trick..:) Thanks again Jack

No.. No other contribs that effect the url..I think. I'm not running SEO urls yet..but would like to..I have seen a lot of threads about problems between SEO and HTC, is there a consolidated thread that deals with all the issues. I will welcome any heads-up advice on running these two contribs together. I'm also running Optional Related Products 4.0 and Order Editor 5

I'll take any tips or links to help with this, that you or Jack may have because I will be implementing the SEO contrib.

I've spent sooooo much time searching this forum for answers to bugs, I never seem to get any work done :)

I think I made 10.00 bucks an hour on this site and I'm still not done...uggggggg

My next Oscommerce site should go a little faster, maybe I will make a profit. :)

Thanks in Advance

Thomas0012

I've installed this contribution, following the instructions, however now I can not access the www.mysite.co.uk/catalog/admin page. It is coming up automatically with catalog/admin/FILENAME_LOGIN and saying is Not Found.

Where have I gone wrong? Can anyone help.

Thanks

Jacks Link did the trick..:) Thanks again Jack

No.. No other contribs that effect the url..I think. I'm not running SEO urls yet..but would like to..I have seen a lot of threads about problems between SEO and HTC, is there a consolidated thread that deals with all the issues. I will welcome any heads-up advice on running these two contribs together. I'm also running Optional Related Products 4.0 and Order Editor 5

Header Tags and Ultimate SEO (assuming that is the one you mean) run great together. There should not be any problems at all. I've installed both in many shops and they always work without any problems.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I've installed this contribution, following the instructions, however now I can not access the www.mysite.co.uk/catalog/admin page. It is coming up automatically with catalog/admin/FILENAME_LOGIN and saying is Not Found.

Where have I gone wrong? Can anyone help.

Thanks

The FILENAME_LOGIN in the error means it is missing that definition. Since that is a standard oscommerce definition, my guess is that you overwrote it when making the change to the admin/includes/filename.php file. You will need to restore that to the file.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello Jack,

I've just installed HTC following the instructions,but it seems that I have done something wrong! Both the admin and the catalog are returning errors that I have no ideea what they mean or how to deal with them! I'm pulling out my hair, spended at least 10 hour with that today! The admin section it seems to work but when I try to click "Page Control" or "Text Control" I get the following error:

Warning: require_once(includes/functions/header_tags.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/home/digiehu1/public_html/admin/header_tags_controller.php on line 14

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/functions/header_tags.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php') in /usr/home/digiehu1/public_html/admin/header_tags_controller.php on line 14

The bigger problem is on the catalog side where the shop doesn't show up anymore just a blank page at the beggining then I decided to go trough the install of that part again and now I get this:

1054 - Unknown column 'categories_htc_title_tag' in 'field list'

select categories_name as name, categories_htc_title_tag as htc_title_tag, categories_htc_desc_tag as htc_desc_tag, categories_htc_keywords_tag as htc_keywords_tag from categories_description where categories_id = '0' and language_id = '4'

[TEP STOP]

Site is here: http://www.digizone.hu (not to much to see now ) :'(

I have a shared SSL , CustomComputerCreator, and hungarian language as default + english.

Please help me solve these problems, I'm preety desperate as I put a lot of work in the site till now!

Thanks in advance!

pietonul.

The admin problem looks like a missing file and the shop side a missing database entry. Be sure you have uploaded all of the files and ran the database_setup.php file.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons