• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Header Tags Controller for Admin MS 2.2

Farrukh

Right I'm trying again to wrap my brain round the problem with combining HTC and STS with category descriptions on index.php, and really running into a wall. Does anyone have any idea why adding the category descriptions code snippets to index.php stops the metatags component of HTC working when STS is active?

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right I'm trying again to wrap my brain round the problem with combining HTC and STS with category descriptions on index.php, and really running into a wall. Does anyone have any idea why adding the category descriptions code snippets to index.php stops the metatags component of HTC working when STS is active?

Tracy,

I know we have discussed this before but thought I would mention this so as not to spread any confusion regarding STS, HTC/Category Descriptions....

STS works fine with HTC, even when using the category descriptions options. STS users would install the category description modifications to the index.php file just as non-sts users would. This does not effect the metatags component of HTC in any way, meaning all HTC options should still work if all was installed correctly. NOTE: I recently created a test shop to be sure this was so.

:thumbsup: Tracy, I would suggest that you compare your existing files with that of the files from all of the contributions that your are trying to merge together to be sure that you did not "misplace" some code here or there. Hopefully you will come up with the "culprit" file that has been giving you trouble.

Edited by bkellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

I just installed this contribution on my site. I was very careful to follow the directions accurately. It took a while, but I got it done. After uploading all the files, I no longer have an admin page. It's just blank white. Of course I can put all the original files back, but I'd rather just get the contribution working. Considering all the file modifications required, I have absolutely no idea on where to start to figure out why the admin page is now blank. I'm not an expert on this, I just do exactly what the instructions say. Can anyone help? mirroroftime.com is the website.

And at the top of each catalog category page I now have a < symbol.

The database updated successfully.

My home page still says Main in the catalog, which I thought was supposed to change using this contribution.

Help????? Thank you!

I just installed this contribution on my site. I was very careful to follow the directions accurately. It took a while, but I got it done. After uploading all the files, I no longer have an admin page. It's just blank white. Of course I can put all the original files back, but I'd rather just get the contribution working. Considering all the file modifications required, I have absolutely no idea on where to start to figure out why the admin page is now blank. I'm not an expert on this, I just do exactly what the instructions say. Can anyone help? mirroroftime.com is the website.

My home page still says Main in the catalog, which I thought was supposed to change using this contribution.

Help????? Thank you!

And my individual product pages have:

<title>osCommerce :</title>

<meta name="Description" content="osCommerce : What's New Here? - Hardware Software DVD Movies" />

<meta name="Keywords" content="Hardware Software DVD Movies What's New Here?" />

<meta name="robots" content="noodp" />

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />

<!-- EOF: Generated Meta Tags -->

on every page! Certainly I've done something wrong, but what?

Help????? Thank you!

You either added or removed a php delimiter in the admin/categories.php file or replaced it with your admin/includes/languages/english/categories.php file. Try replacing either, or both, of those files with the one from the contribution to see if your admin starts working again.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

You either added or removed a php delimiter in the admin/categories.php file or replaced it with your admin/includes/languages/english/categories.php file. Try replacing either, or both, of those files with the one from the contribution to see if your admin starts working again.

Jack

I copied the categories.php into the wrong directory (doh!). So now I have admin working again. However, something is still wrong.

See here:

Permissions settings for the /hsphere/local/home/mirrorof/mirroroftime.com/catalog/includes/header_tags.php file appear to be incorrect. Change to 755

Permissions settings for the /hsphere/local/home/mirrorof/mirroroftime.com/catalog/includes/languages/english/header_tags.php file appear to be incorrect. Change to 755

(I did this, but it doesn't seem to cancel the error message)

HEADER_TITLE_TOP HEADER_TITLE_SUPPORT_SITE | HEADER_TITLE_ONLINE_CATALOG | HEADER_TITLE_ADMINISTRATION

BOX_HEADING_CONFIGURATION

BOX_HEADING_CATALOG

BOX_HEADING_MODULES

BOX_HEADING_CUSTOMERS

BOX_HEADING_LOCATION_AND_TAXES

BOX_HEADING_LOCALIZATION

BOX_HEADING_REPORTS

BOX_HEADING_TOOLS

BOX_HEADING_HEADER_TAGS_CONTROLLER

BOX_HEADER_TAGS_ADD_A_PAGE

BOX_HEADER_TAGS_ENGLISH

BOX_HEADER_TAGS_FILL_TAGS

Header Tags Controller

In order for Header Tags to display information on a page, an entry for that page must be made into the includes/header_tags.php and includes/languages/english/header_tags.php files (where english would be the language you are using). The options on this page will allow you to add, delete and check the code in those files.

Add a New Page - This option adds the code for a page into the files mentioned above. Note that it does not add an actual page. To add a page, enter the name of the file, with or without the .php extension..

Page Name:

Switches: HTTA: HTDA: HTKA: HTCA: (Explain)

Title:

Description:

Keyword(s):

The whole page doesn't look like what the screen shot looks like. Anybody know what file may be causing this and I'll try and figure out what's wrong? Thanks!

And for some reason, now my whole catalog is running off the secure directory. It didn't do that before. It's giving my customers a message when accessing the catalog from the splash page about secure/non-secure items. I don't think my host will appreciate my running the entire catalog secure. Is there a setting that the HTC changed to cause this?

Edited by nnscott5

Jack

You certainly know your stuff. I copied the catagories.php that is supposed to be in the admin/includes/languages/english directory into the admin directory. Rookie mistake.

I'm getting there. I was able to generate the titles for all my pages and they work! My big problem currently is the formatting of the admin screen (see my other post). There's obviously an error there.

I also emailed my website host provider to have him fix the file permissions on his end and see if that will eliminate the error messages. and enable me to save changes.

Thank you so much to everyone that has taken part in this contribution! Once it's 100% right on my site, I will be very happy!

As I suggested already, you should use the included files to isolate the problem. If it works with those, then there is a mistake in the changes you made and you can troubleshoot from there.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

As I suggested already, you should use the included files to isolate the problem. If it works with those, then there is a mistake in the changes you made and you can troubleshoot from there.

Jack

I had to do it 3 times, but I finally got it. Don't know what I was doing wrong but that part is ok now.

I also corrected the path for cookies and I think it may have corrected the secure/non-secure items issue.

Thanks again!

I had to do it 3 times, but I finally got it. Don't know what I was doing wrong but that part is ok now.

I also corrected the path for cookies and I think it may have corrected the secure/non-secure items issue.

Thanks again!

I still have that secure/non-secure issue. Did not have it before installing HTC. The customer log-in calls into the secure website, and generates a message about showing both secure and non-secure items. Any idea why it's doing that since installing HTC?

Also, at the bottom of the left column on product pages, there is now a small info box with the page name and a link that says (...see more). However, when that link is clicked, it says product not found. The code for the link in this info box is always the same, calling product_id/0 . What is that link supposed to be and how do I get it to work correctly?

Thanks.

I still have that secure/non-secure issue. Did not have it before installing HTC. The customer log-in calls into the secure website, and generates a message about showing both secure and non-secure items. Any idea why it's doing that since installing HTC?

Also, at the bottom of the left column on product pages, there is now a small info box with the page name and a link that says (...see more). However, when that link is clicked, it says product not found. The code for the link in this info box is always the same, calling product_id/0 . What is that link supposed to be and how do I get it to work correctly?

Thanks.

It sounds like you have a mistake in the installation or your products are are not set up in a standard way. The box is used for SEO purporses. It should link to the product page you are displaying.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

It sounds like you have a mistake in the installation or your products are are not set up in a standard way. The box is used for SEO purporses. It should link to the product page you are displaying.

Jack

From reading all the different posts and the contribution installation guide, I know what that box is used for. I cut and pasted the code directly from the installation info, so that should be correct. The products are set up standard. I don't have anything fancy. The "now viewing_____" link works perfectly on the same product page, which I think is supposed to be identical to the little box in the lower left, which isn't working right.

In column_left.php as:

if (basename($PHP_SELF) == FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO)

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'header_tags.php')

In header_tags.php as:

$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => substr($product_info['products_description'], 0, 100).'<a style="color: red;" href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . (int)$_GET['products_id']).'" > (...see more)</a>');

And every page keeps referencing product "0" instead of the current page product. Does anyone see a typo or something that would account for this? If you want to see what it's doing, visit http://mirroroftime.com/catalog and view any product. The "Currently Viewing" link works great, the "see more" link does not. Thanks.

In product_info.php: (this is the one that works correctly & I think this is the code for it)

<td class="smallText" align="center"><?php echo TEXT_VIEWING; ?> 

<?php echo '<a title="' . $tags_array['title'] . '" href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $product_info['products_id'], 'NONSSL') . '"/# ' . $tags_array['title'] . '">' . $tags_array['title']; ?></a></td>

</tr>

I can see the coding for the two is very different. I had hoped I could just compare the two and fix the problem one, but since the code is different, it doesn't help me.

I have been scratching my head for days over this and search this forum for answers.

I have installed all sections of this contribution and started receiving an error 404 page not found accessing admin>header tags fixed that with the help from here but now get

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@********.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Sure enough my server reports error Premature end of script headers: header_tags_controller.php

I have followed help in this thread to remove the extra return after the end ?>

Can anyone shed some light on the fix, and was wondering if i was missing a command in the htaccess file?

Im scratching my head, as I am following the install instructions step by step, until I get to;

-----------

Around line 78:

Find

<td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>

<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $category['categories_image'], $category['categories_name'], HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>

</tr>

and replace it with

<td><h1><?php echo $category['categories_htc_title_tag']; ?></h1></td>

<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $category['categories_image'], $category['categories_name'], HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>

</tr>

<?php if (tep_not_null($category['categories_htc_description'])) { ?>

<tr>

<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><h2><?php echo $category['categories_htc_description']; ?></h2></td>

</tr>

<?php } ?>

--------------

I dont have this code within my index.php. I do have a modded store, but I have gone back to my original index.php and still cant find the section mentioned.

Is it still going to be possible to install this contrib?

I have been scratching my head for days over this and search this forum for answers.

I have installed all sections of this contribution and started receiving an error 404 page not found accessing admin>header tags fixed that with the help from here but now get

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@********.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Sure enough my server reports error Premature end of script headers: header_tags_controller.php

Can anyone shed some light on the fix, and was wondering if i was missing a command in the htaccess file?

Internal Server errors can be causd by many things. many times it is a permissions settings. There shouldn't be anything in the code that will cause it though. You need to either ask your host to point out the problem (some will, some won't) or isolate the cause. Is it just in admin? If yo urename one of the header tags files and use a known good file in its place, like customers.php, does that work?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Im scratching my head, as I am following the install instructions step by step, until I get to;

I dont have this code within my index.php. I do have a modded store, but I have gone back to my original index.php and still cant find the section mentioned.

Is it still going to be possible to install this contrib?

The changes to the index file can be skipped (except for the title change) and it will still work. That code is for the categories description option. It is a nice feature but not required. Many templates remove the code it changes. It can be added back in but is not a simple task.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Internal Server errors can be causd by many things. many times it is a permissions settings. There shouldn't be anything in the code that will cause it though. You need to either ask your host to point out the problem (some will, some won't) or isolate the cause. Is it just in admin? If yo urename one of the header tags files and use a known good file in its place, like customers.php, does that work?

Jack

I replaced all the server files from the HTC 2.6.3 pack so they should be good but will compare files again just to make sure!

I did the permissions on catalog/includes/header_tags.php & catalog/includes/languages/english/header_tags.php

It all works from tests on products and manufacturers but just can't access the admin> header tags because of this internal server error

so still at a loss

Internal Server Error

found it. the admin/header_tags_controller permissions need to set to 644 and it fixes all of the above problems.

finally it all works

hey guys can someone help me please ?

I have the contribution installed and working i think ! But i have lost my heading title on my index page . All it said was just Welcome to my store and underneath that it said why my shop was better than the rest, as you do.....

But once i fully installed this contribution i lost it . But the info is still in catalog/includes/languages/english/index.php

ANYONE any idea??? Its driving me MAD :'(

hey guys can someone help me please ?

I have the contribution installed and working i think ! But i have lost my heading title on my index page . All it said was just Welcome to my store and underneath that it said why my shop was better than the rest, as you do.....

But once i fully installed this contribution i lost it . But the info is still in catalog/includes/languages/english/index.php

ANYONE any idea??? Its driving me MAD :'(

There was a mistake on the shop side install. I don't where you are getting the "my shop was better than the rest" from but that is not part of the contribution and the title should have said Home page. You need to look at the Install_Catalog.txt instructions again.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Question, is it possible that the Header Tags could be causing a Pixel shift in some of my pages. It only happens when selecting a specific product. For example when you move from contact to shipping, no pixel shift, but when you select a product, I get the shift on my site. I have been running stable for awhile now and the only changes recently are adding a page in header tags? my site is http://www.dbsupplyco.com . Any suggestions on where to look would be helpful.

It the problem is only on the product page, remove the changes made to that page by Header Tags and see if that fixes the problem. You should remove the infobox it adds to since it is displaye with that page.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

HI.

After having installed my backup, after and failure with another module, header tags controller seems to make an error. Everything is showing in the pages, and so on. But when adding a new category, i am missing some tables, like the one where i can name the category.

If i make a new category and then change it after, then i can name the category. pretty wierd.

I will post picture:

Here is what it looks like when adding a new category:

nykategori.JPG

Here is what it looks like after adding an category and when i am changing it:

redigerkategori.JPG

And off course it has to look like picture 2 , also when i am adding a new category.

Any suggestions? I have tried to deleting the sql database strings, and adding them again. Nothing seems to help.

Hopefully someone can help me?

Any problem in admin is almost always caused by a mistake in the editing of the admin/categories.php file. Try using the one in the contribution to see if the problem clears up. If so, then compare the two to find the problem.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons