• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Header Tags Controller for Admin MS 2.2

Farrukh

Thanks but now another dumb question I suppose, see my husband set all this up all I am trying to do is keep things going.

You said the index page, okay if you could tell me where that is then maybe I can find it. I have been reading this entire forum to just figure out how to use it. I was given I guess the wrong information and told to change things in the includes/languages/english/header_tags.php

which I did however after I did this and looked in admin I noticed that there were places to fill out information. When I changed it in there my site went down some error......so I undid what I did and it worked again. But I have changed that header_tags.php file which now has me scared because I don't know what I am doing.

Sorry to be a pain but once I understand it, then it shouldn't be a big deal but right now it's like a mountain to me and I know nothing about what I am doing.

I can follow instructions, and I can add things but that compare stuff well I do not do that well I have tried that before and well I just added the orginial files in and then did what I was told to do.

Thanks hope this old lady doesn't cause you grief but I am trying to understand.

Judy

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys,

I am really tearing my hair out over this now! If someone could help me I would be so grateful.

I have the following structure:

MyCategory

- MySubCategory1

- MySubCategory2

- MySubCategory3

When I am down at the sub-category levels (i.e. MySubCategory1/2/3) I get the header tags title and description text coming out as it's supposed to. BUT when I am at the top level (i.e. MyCategory) it brings out no header tags title and description but instead just images for all the subcategories that exist within it. So, somewhere in the code it is behaving differently for a category that has sub-categories.

I have checked my index page over and over (previously posted) and have made no errors in the required coding changes. Is there something obvious that I need to do?

Can anyone provide a a code workaround to get this working for me a top level category level as well as subcategory? I know that it should work as I've seen other sites where it does do.

I'm really close to going live with my site but this is holding me back.

Thanks guys,

Marv

Thanks but now another dumb question I suppose, see my husband set all this up all I am trying to do is keep things going.

You said the index page, okay if you could tell me where that is then maybe I can find it. I have been reading this entire forum to just figure out how to use it. I was given I guess the wrong information and told to change things in the includes/languages/english/header_tags.php

which I did however after I did this and looked in admin I noticed that there were places to fill out information. When I changed it in there my site went down some error......so I undid what I did and it worked again. But I have changed that header_tags.php file which now has me scared because I don't know what I am doing.

Sorry to be a pain but once I understand it, then it shouldn't be a big deal but right now it's like a mountain to me and I know nothing about what I am doing.

I can follow instructions, and I can add things but that compare stuff well I do not do that well I have tried that before and well I just added the orginial files in and then did what I was told to do.

Thanks hope this old lady doesn't cause you grief but I am trying to understand.

Judy

The index file I was referring to is in the root of your shop (the same place the includes directory you mentioned is at). You shouldn't have to edit the includes/languages/english/header_tags.php file manually. Although, some versions of Header Tags had a problem in the admin section and could cause problems when that was used. What kind of change did you make in admin that caused your site to go down?

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi jack, i think the problem is the database bit didnt install properly, as it doesnt show up in my OSC admin bit. When i go to enter the SQL statement in again i get the following error:

Error

SQL query:

ALTER TABLE products_description ADD products_head_title_tag VARCHAR( 80 ) NULL ;

MySQL said:

#1060 - Duplicate column name 'products_head_title_tag'

and i get the same error for trying to do the update bits for it.

Error

SQL query:

ALTER TABLE categories_description ADD categories_htc_title_tag VARCHAR( 80 ) NULL ;

MySQL said:

#1060 - Duplicate column name 'categories_htc_title_tag'

I assume coz it says duplicate column that its already installed? So where have i gone wrong.

Thanks for all your time in helping me resolve this matter.

When the mysql changes encounter an already installed item, it stops. So if it is failing with a already exist message and not showing up in admin, my guess is that it is only partially installed. You will have to edit your database manually to fix it.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

No comma's in database and meta tags for keywords ( product info and so on)

Between the words themself out of product info page.

header tags 2.6.3

What did i do wrong or missed?

:rolleyes:

I mean with the auto fill tags from product info out of admin section, keywords are placed as complete text no comma separation in the database and therefore i think as in the product_info page in the metatags.

Is their a solution or what did i do wrong .

I can't understand the question. Are you asking why keywords are not comma separated? If so, it is something you did since Fill Tags only uses one keyword for that tag.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction here.

I have installed SEO-G with no problems and have now just installed Header tags 2.6.3. When i go to admin I can see that Header Tags is in the menu, however when I click on the link I am taken to the cookie usage page which is the redirect for SEO-G.

Does any one know why this is and are they in the slightest bit related?

I have gone over the instructions several times but it seems I am still missing something!

I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction here.

I have installed SEO-G with no problems and have now just installed Header tags 2.6.3. When i go to admin I can see that Header Tags is in the menu, however when I click on the link I am taken to the cookie usage page which is the redirect for SEO-G.

Does any one know why this is and are they in the slightest bit related?

I have gone over the instructions several times but it seems I am still missing something!

Never going to believe this but the error appeared to be that I did not leave a line between my last bit of code and the new header code in amin/includes/filenames. Whatever it was I do not care as it now appears to be working!!!

Hello there,

to whom it may concern

I probably found a bug with the main title/description/keywords fields in the text control menu (admin/header_tags_english.php)

in default title I had a quote (char <'>) and when saving I got 3 times my quotes (<'''>)

ex: L'artisanat -> L'''artisanat

to fix this problem I had to change admin/header_tags_english.php around line 27

replace :

================================================

$main['title'] = $_POST['main_title']; //read in the knowns

$main['desc'] = $_POST['main_desc'];

$main['keyword'] = $_POST['main_keyword'];

with :

$main['title'] = stripslashes($_POST['main_title']); //read in the knowns

$main['desc'] = stripslashes($_POST['main_desc']);

$main['keyword'] = stripslashes($_POST['main_keyword']);

Please note that the bug only concerned default title/description/keywords fields and not the tags per page 'below' in hje text control menu.

HTH someone

Hi Folks,

Can anyone verify if HTC V2.6.3 compatible with osC v2.2 RC-1.

The reason I ask is HTC V2.6.3 was released before osC v2.2 RC-1.

Thanks, Carl

I haven't tried it but I can't imagine it not being. It just uses standard code.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Idon't recall anywhere in the code where it adds a link, although it could. You will need to isolate wher that is coming from to determine the fix.

Jack

HTC doesn't add a link... it just changes the base reference so that all links written like this (./index.html) are equal to whatever is written in the base href. If someone has a fix, please let us know.

Chris

HTC doesn't add a link... it just changes the base reference so that all links written like this (./index.html) are equal to whatever is written in the base href. If someone has a fix, please let us know.

Chris

No, that is not Header Tags doing that. There is no code in it to change links. If you added a page as index.html in Page Control, that might be causing you problems but that would be expected since that is not what Header Tags is meant for.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

When the mysql changes encounter an already installed item, it stops. So if it is failing with a already exist message and not showing up in admin, my guess is that it is only partially installed. You will have to edit your database manually to fix it.

Jack

Hi. The admin + catalog bits have been installed now and the following SQL statments implimented:

ALTER TABLE products_description ADD products_head_title_tag VARCHAR(80) NULL;

ALTER TABLE products_description ADD products_head_desc_tag LONGTEXT NULL;

ALTER TABLE products_description ADD products_head_keywords_tag LONGTEXT NULL;

ALTER TABLE categories_description ADD categories_htc_title_tag VARCHAR(80) NULL;

ALTER TABLE categories_description ADD categories_htc_desc_tag LONGTEXT NULL;

ALTER TABLE categories_description ADD categories_htc_keywords_tag LONGTEXT NULL;

ALTER TABLE categories_description ADD categories_htc_description LONGTEXT NULL;

ALTER TABLE manufacturers_info ADD manufacturers_htc_title_tag VARCHAR(80) NULL;

ALTER TABLE manufacturers_info ADD manufacturers_htc_desc_tag LONGTEXT NULL;

ALTER TABLE manufacturers_info ADD manufacturers_htc_keywords_tag LONGTEXT NULL;

ALTER TABLE manufacturers_info ADD manufacturers_htc_description LONGTEXT NULL;

they are all present and correct, and when i go to add new product/catagory these fields show up.

The problem is i dont have a admin->Header Tags bit in my osc admin section.

Is there apart of the install bit ive missed??? Ive double checked to make sure the files where uploaded to the correct place. Where should i start looking for the solution... Ive probly forgot to put something in capitals again knowing my luck.

Thanks for any help given.

Adam

Yep ive made all those changes, and uploaded the files to their respective directories.

Aaaahhhhh Found the problem, me being stupid :) :-" .

Jack your contribution rules. They should just have it included in the stock OSC store from the start.

Like the other person above me, does Header Tags work with osc 2.2 RC1?

Bill:

Maybe you can shed some light on this as it seems to be STS related, I have installed STS with Featured Products for osc 2.2 RC1 and now I went and followed your instructions here for HTC, but now I am getting this error.

Warning: main(includes/modules/sts_inc/'sts_user_code.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /homepages/45/d90400221/htdocs/Concepts/shop/includes/modules/sts_inc/sts_display_output.php on line 21

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/modules/sts_inc/'sts_user_code.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /homepages/45/d90400221/htdocs/Concepts/shop/includes/modules/sts_inc/sts_display_output.php on line 21

Warning: main(includes/modules/sts_inc/headertags.php') [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /homepages/45/d90400221/htdocs/Concepts/shop/includes/modules/sts_inc/sts_display_output.php on line 21

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/modules/sts_inc/headertags.php'' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /homepages/45/d90400221/htdocs/Concepts/shop/includes/modules/sts_inc/sts_display_output.php on line 21

I would assume getting these errors is also the reason why the meta tags are not show up as well.