• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Header Tags Controller for Admin MS 2.2

Farrukh

It's the sub-heading text on a category page. Go to admin->catalog, click on a category, then on edit. Enter some text in the large box in the lower right. Go to your site and view that category to see the result.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's the sub-heading text on a category page. Go to admin->catalog, click on a category, then on edit. Enter some text in the large box in the lower right. Go to your site and view that category to see the result.

Jack

Thanks!

Sorry, I posted this in general contributions support but now see I should put as reply on end of this topic thread? A little unsure how the flow of these threads work..

I have gone thru the install of v2.62 and everything in the instructions matched up except the following

===============================================================================

In product_info.php (around line 104)

FIND

<td class="pageHeading" valign="top"><?php echo $products_name; ?></td>

<td class="pageHeading" align="right" valign="top"><?php echo $products_price; ?></td>

REPLACE with

<td valign="top"><h1><?php echo $products_name; ?></h1></td>

<td align="right" valign="top"><h1><?php echo $products_price; ?></h1></td>

=================================================

I was unable to find this code anywhere. the only reference to class="pageHeading i could find was...

class="pageHeading" align="left" width="60%">' . $product_info['products_name'] . '</td><td align="center" class="main">Model: ' . $product_info['products_model'] . '</td></tr></table>';

} else {

$products_name = '<table width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" border="0"><tr><td class="pageHeading" align="left">' . $product_info['products_name'] . '</td></tr></table>';

}

I am unsure how to get by this issue, and any help would be appreciated. All the other references to code in all other files in catalog and admin install instructions matched exactly except the one referenced above.

Thank You,

Another installation problem.. Aside from my previous message, I went thru the admin install and finally got around the file permissions issue (my unix server file manager doesn't allow changing and doesn't support certain functions i guess, although echoing shows all file permissions at 777 - 0, a file match won't return true for any two files) but that is not my problem now.. for some reason, in my admin I have the Header Tags module showing, but no listing or access to the seperate functions mentioned in the how it works docs).. on my admin screen it shows only Header Tags with no subselections and clicking it i can only access the "main?' screen that allows you to add/delete/list pages and have no options for the fill tags or text control show on menu. I have checked and the files are all there. i.e.,

admin/header_tags_controller.php

admin/header_tags_english.php

admin/header_tags_fill_tags.php

admin/header_tags_popup_help.php

admin/includes/functions/header_tags.php

admin/includes/boxes/header_tags_controller.php

admin/includes/languages/english/header_tags_controller.php

admin/includes/languages/english/header_tags_popup_help.php

admin/includes/languages/french/header_tags_controller.php

admin/includes/languages/french/header_tags_popup_help.php

and I did make all file modifications listed to admin/includes/function/general.php, the filenames, categories etc.. and if i go to my catalog and edit products all the entries for tags, title etc are there for each product.

Anybody have any idea what might be causing these menu choices not to be showing? I am not getting any sort of error messages anywhere.

Sorry, I posted this in general contributions support but now see I should put as reply on end of this topic thread? A little unsure how the flow of these threads work..

I have gone thru the install of v2.62 and everything in the instructions matched up except the following

===============================================================================

In product_info.php (around line 104)

FIND

<td class="pageHeading" valign="top"><?php echo $products_name; ?></td>

<td class="pageHeading" align="right" valign="top"><?php echo $products_price; ?></td>

REPLACE with

<td valign="top"><h1><?php echo $products_name; ?></h1></td>

<td align="right" valign="top"><h1><?php echo $products_price; ?></h1></td>

=================================================

I was unable to find this code anywhere. the only reference to class="pageHeading i could find was...

class="pageHeading" align="left" width="60%">' . $product_info['products_name'] . '</td><td align="center" class="main">Model: ' . $product_info['products_model'] . '</td></tr></table>';

} else {

$products_name = '<table width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" border="0"><tr><td class="pageHeading" align="left">' . $product_info['products_name'] . '</td></tr></table>';

}

I am unsure how to get by this issue, and any help would be appreciated. All the other references to code in all other files in catalog and admin install instructions matched exactly except the one referenced above.

Thank You,

It looks like you are using non-standard code, possibly a template. When that happens, you have to try to figure out where the code should be changed or skip it. In this case, you should change

to

$products_name = '<table width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" border="0"><tr><td align="left"><h1>' . $product_info['products_name'] . '</h1></td></tr></table>';

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi All I am sorry if in the wrong place. Have put this same message on general support and have had no replys so sorry for duplicating. I have installed header tags and have the error message below come up.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare changeswitch() (previously declared in /home/******/public_html/admin/includes/functions/header_tags.php:12) in /home/******/public_html/admin/includes/functions/header_tags.php on line 12

I really have no idea how to sort this out, fairly new to all this. Could someone help please or at least point me in the right direction.

Pauline

The error means part of the code is being included twice and it shouldn't be. Are you using a standard oscommerce package? What steps do you take to see the error?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The error means part of the code is being included twice and it shouldn't be. Are you using a standard oscommerce package? What steps do you take to see the error?

Jack

Hi thanks for getting back. Yes I am using a standard package which I have changed odds and ends on colours fonts ets but nothing else. If I go into admin via browser it shows in left administration colum right at the bottom

BOX_HEADING_HEADER_TAGS_CONTROLLER when I click on it the error comes up.

Hi thanks for getting back. Yes I am using a standard package which I have changed odds and ends on colours fonts ets but nothing else. If I go into admin via browser it shows in left administration colum right at the bottom

This means I have probably added some code twice. I have been through checking for mistakes I have made will need to go through again to try and find where I have duplicated some code.

The capital letters means it is not installed correctly. You are mising the changes to the files in the laguages directory. That shouldn't cause your main problem but it may mean there are other parts not installed too. So, yes, you should go back over the install instructions.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack

I've been away for a few days and have just started to try this again.

It seems I am having the similar problem as Paulined.

When I add the header_tags.php file to the catalog/includes/function/header_tags.php

I get the following error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare changeswitch() (previously declared in /usr/www/users/sabass/catalog/includes/functions/header_tags.php:12) in /usr/www/users/sabass/catalog/includes/header_tags.php on line 12

If I remove the file from the /function/header_tags.php the error goes away but it is obvioulsy not complete.

What do I need to do to fix it?

Is it correct to load the same header_tags.php file to both includes/functions/header_tags.php and to includes/header_tags.php?

Thanks for all the help

Hi Jack

I've been away for a few days and have just started to try this again.

It seems I am having the similar problem as Paulined.

When I add the header_tags.php file to the catalog/includes/function/header_tags.php

I get the following error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare changeswitch() (previously declared in /usr/www/users/sabass/catalog/includes/functions/header_tags.php:12) in /usr/www/users/sabass/catalog/includes/header_tags.php on line 12

If I remove the file from the /function/header_tags.php the error goes away but it is obvioulsy not complete.

What do I need to do to fix it?

Is it correct to load the same header_tags.php file to both includes/functions/header_tags.php and to includes/header_tags.php?

Thanks for all the help

No, the file should not be loaded to two places. The should be uploaded to the same location they are in within the archive.

Jack

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Okay after spending some time fixing minor errors with the Header Tag Controller it worked. That was yesterday. Now today whenever I try to save either category or product info I get a 403 Forbidden on the categories.php. Strange considering I am using the categories.php to view it.

I did try and change permissions on the file to 666 much like the other files but that didnt seem to do anything.

Anyone have any idea?

403 forbidden

Server configuration does not allow access to this page. Please go back and try again.

I have had a similar experience, I installed the Header Tag Controller contribution "HeaderTags_V_2.6.2+typo" and it seemed to install fine. I used the "How_To_Operate.txt" and did th Fill Tags which worked. I then set up the Title, Description and keywords for index page as it says to do, this also worked. I then went and edited the description for a category which worked. I left the computer for a couple hours and when I came back to edit some more descriptions, it would not allow me to save any changes. Any changes to products, categories and manufacturers will not save. I am wondering if anyone has had this problem and was able to have it resolved and if so, how? Thank you.

Sounds strange. But almost any problem you have with Header Tags in admin will be related to the categories.php file. There is one in the archive so you should try uploading that to see if your problem goes away. If it does, then compare it with yours to find the problem.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The capital letters means it is not installed correctly. You are mising the changes to the files in the laguages directory. That shouldn't cause your main problem but it may mean there are other parts not installed too. So, yes, you should go back over the install instructions.

Jack

Hi Re the capital letters, yes I had sort of worked that one out but was not sure which files the problem was in. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Talk about three steps forward and two back! The error I am getting now is below. Please any ideas where I should look.

Warning: array_splice() [function.array-splice]: The first argument should be an array in /home/******/public_html/admin/header_tags_controller.php on line 89

Thanks again

Pauline

Update:

I had my Host looking into the problem as well with the 403 forbidden and they said they were having some problems with their mySQL. First time I have contacted them on a problem and didn't have the highest faith in them resolving it quickly so I figured I would ask in here as well. Was not sure if it was their problem or mine and it just coincidentally happened after installing a contribution.

I've edited a few things this morning and it seems to work fine now without me doing anything so I am hoping it was a problem on their end that they got fixed.

I'll let the community know of any future developments on this but so far so good. :thumbsup:

Hi Re the capital letters, yes I had sort of worked that one out but was not sure which files the problem was in. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Talk about three steps forward and two back! The error I am getting now is below. Please any ideas where I should look.

Warning: array_splice() [function.array-splice]: The first argument should be an array in /home/******/public_html/admin/header_tags_controller.php on line 89

Thanks again

Pauline

No one has reported a problem with this but it looks a php compatibility issue. Try changing this line in that file
array_splice($fp, $insertPoint, 0, $engArray);

to

array_splice($fp, $insertPoint, 0, (array)$engArray);

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack

Me again, I seemed to have sorted out the header_tags.php to a point, but I am now getting the following error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /usr/www/users/sabass/catalog/includes/functions/header_tags.php on line 154

From what I can see line 154 is somewhere in the following lines:

return $arg; //stripslashes($arg);

}

$storeArg = $arg2; //if this

pointis reached, the update button was clicked

$arg2 = addslashes($arg2); //so change the

text

if (($pos = strpos($line, "define('HEAD_TITLE_TAG_ALL'")) !==

FALSE)

{

$pos .= strlen("define('HEAD_TITLE_TAG_ALL'") + 1;

}

else if (($pos = strpos($line, "define('HEAD_DESC_TAG_ALL'"))

I'm using notepad to copy and paste is this OK, I seem to remember seeing something about Notepad affecting the code?

I'm sorry for all these probably very simple questions, but I am technologically challenged. :blink:

Thanks

No one has reported a problem with this but it looks a php compatibility issue. Try changing this line in that file
array_splice($fp, $insertPoint, 0, $engArray);

to

array_splice($fp, $insertPoint, 0, (array)$engArray);

Jack

Hi

Thanks again I will give it a go and let you know.

Pauline

Hello,

I installed Header Tags Controller 2.5.7 earlier last year to my osCommerce 2.2 and everything seemed to be working without a problem. There were no fatal errors whatsoever and I have all the appropriate menus in the administration area. All custom meta-tag entries are correctly being saved to the database, "fill tags" works and so on. But not a single custom entry is actually being added to the default tags and title when I look at the index or product_info files. I checked all the different options in text-control, and it wont add neither title, description, keywords or category-names.

I have double-checked all contrib-modifications to the code, but could not find any errors. Permissions should also be appropriate for all files.

Could anyone give me a hint on how to circle in on the problem? I guess it is either a database-access problem or the database-content is not appropriately appended to the default header tags.

Thanks a lot for every single tip you may have, I would really like to get this wonderful Contrib fully working

Best Regards,

Ralf

Hi Jack

Me again, I seemed to have sorted out the header_tags.php to a point, but I am now getting the following error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /usr/www/users/sabass/catalog/includes/functions/header_tags.php on line 154

From what I can see line 154 is somewhere in the following lines:

return $arg; //stripslashes($arg);

}

$storeArg = $arg2; //if this

pointis reached, the update button was clicked

$arg2 = addslashes($arg2); //so change the

text

if (($pos = strpos($line, "define('HEAD_TITLE_TAG_ALL'")) !==

FALSE)

{

$pos .= strlen("define('HEAD_TITLE_TAG_ALL'") + 1;

}

else if (($pos = strpos($line, "define('HEAD_DESC_TAG_ALL'"))

I'm using notepad to copy and paste is this OK, I seem to remember seeing something about Notepad affecting the code?

I'm sorry for all these probably very simple questions, but I am technologically challenged. :blink:

Thanks

You shouldn't be getting that kind of error on that file. Try replacing it with the one in the archive.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello,

I installed Header Tags Controller 2.5.7 earlier last year to my osCommerce 2.2 and everything seemed to be working without a problem. There were no fatal errors whatsoever and I have all the appropriate menus in the administration area. All custom meta-tag entries are correctly being saved to the database, "fill tags" works and so on. But not a single custom entry is actually being added to the default tags and title when I look at the index or product_info files. I checked all the different options in text-control, and it wont add neither title, description, keywords or category-names.

I have double-checked all contrib-modifications to the code, but could not find any errors. Permissions should also be appropriate for all files.

Could anyone give me a hint on how to circle in on the problem? I guess it is either a database-access problem or the database-content is not appropriately appended to the default header tags.

Thanks a lot for every single tip you may have, I would really like to get this wonderful Contrib fully working

Best Regards,

Ralf

I can't understand what problem you are having. It sounds like you are saying changes made to the default tags won't save. If that is so, then be sure the permissions on the includes/header_tags.php and english/header_tags.php file are set correctly. There was a problem in one of the versions where the default tags wouldn't update. It may be the one you have installed.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello Jack,

thank you for your fast reply! The default tags are just fine, but the custom tags for products, categories etc. are not being displayed at all. They are getting perfectly saved to the database and all, but they wont display with the shop. You can take a look at my installation here, if that might help:

http://shop.yakkaroo.de

Thanks a lot!