• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Header Tags Controller for Admin MS 2.2

Farrukh

Hi,

First of all sorry in advance for my bad English, I’m Italian…

I’m trying my first osCommerce and I get a problem after I’ve installed Header Tags Controller and set “true” STS > Default > “Use Templates?”

Then: if STS is set “true” Header Tags Controller doesn’t work, while if STS is set “false” Header Tags Controller works well.

For some other problem, I’ve changed the following in the /catalog/includes/application_top.php file:

FIND

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'clean_html_comments.php');

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'header_tags.php');

CHANGE TO

require_once(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'clean_html_comments.php');

require_once(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'header_tags.php');

I’m running oscommerce-2.2ms2, HeaderTags_V_2.6.2, STS v4.4

Please, if you may help me I would be very glad.

Thanks in advance, regards :)

There is a Header Tags/STS package in the STS contribution section that explains how to properly install them together. You would need to reference that or ask in the STS support thread.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm trying to install Article Manager 1.5 on a site that already has HTC 2.5.9 When I added AM to a 'vanilla' installation of HTC I had the same problem, which is that the output in the meta tags is this:

<meta name="description" content="<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" lang="en" xml:lang="en"> <head> 	<title>Untitled document</title> 	<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" /> </head> <body> a test article to test the article manager </body> </html> This is a description for the entire site.">

<meta name="keywords" content="<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" lang="en" xml:lang="en"> <head> 	<title>Untitled document</title> 	<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" /> </head> <body> a, test, article </body> </html>, keyword1, keyword2, keyword3">
<title>Site Name - Articles - test - testy test</title>

so I get the tag contents echoed at the top of the page body instead of in the head. Anyone else had and resolved the same problem?

Hi!

I have STS4.4 also installed and then I installed HTC V2.6.2.

After the Install_Catalog file , I can't see my own "Home Page" title on the index page. It still says osCommerce. Did I understand this right? Does the osCommerce title be changed by my own title? I have to stop here and fix this first before I continue as what the instruction says.

Thanks. :huh:

I'm trying to install Article Manager 1.5 on a site that already has HTC 2.5.9 When I added AM to a 'vanilla' installation of HTC I had the same problem, which is that the output in the meta tags is this:

<meta name="description" content="<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" lang="en" xml:lang="en"> <head> 	<title>Untitled document</title> 	<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" /> </head> <body> a test article to test the article manager </body> </html> This is a description for the entire site.">

<meta name="keywords" content="<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" lang="en" xml:lang="en"> <head> 	<title>Untitled document</title> 	<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" /> </head> <body> a, test, article </body> </html>, keyword1, keyword2, keyword3">
<title>Site Name - Articles - test - testy test</title>

so I get the tag contents echoed at the top of the page body instead of in the head. Anyone else had and resolved the same problem?

The last time I looked, Articles Manager comes with it's own Header Tags file. That really needs to be combined with the actual Header Tags files so it can be controlled via admin. But if left like it is, you need to not add the Header Tags title code in the articles file.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi!

I have STS4.4 also installed and then I installed HTC V2.6.2.

After the Install_Catalog file , I can't see my own "Home Page" title on the index page. It still says osCommerce. Did I understand this right? Does the osCommerce title be changed by my own title? I have to stop here and fix this first before I continue as what the instruction says.

Thanks. :huh:

The instructions are for a standard shop. You need to look at the STS instructions for Header Tags to install it correctly.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The last time I looked, Articles Manager comes with it's own Header Tags file. That really needs to be combined with the actual Header Tags files so it can be controlled via admin. But if left like it is, you need to not add the Header Tags title code in the articles file.

Jack

I haven't added the HTC code to the articles pages, it's purely HTC on the one hand and AM on the other. The article meta tags are added with the articles and topics, much as product_info.php on the catalog side and categories.php in admin. I had hoped maybe someone could explain why the combination is adding 'body' tags to the generated meta tags.

Hello

I installed an old version of this contribution sometime back, the problem i am getting is that the categories title in the search engines is coming up the same as the index page title, because of this i think yahoo and msn as dropped the index page for their engines because once i was high up in both of them.

Is this easy to fix and could that be the reason i was dropped for having duplicate titles ?

I a little worried about updating it to the new contribution as im not very good with php.

Thanks

As I recall, all versions of this contribution have changed the categories title so if yous isn't, there is probably a mistake in the installation. In any event, it is doubtful that the search engines would punish you for duplicate titles (assuming that is all that was duplicated). So you need to either fix your current version or upgrade it. The latter is the better, although more difficult, choice.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi!

I have Advance Categories Admin installed and STS4.4. I was told earlier by this forum to use the HTC of STS. That's what I did.

I installed the necessary corrections on the files except the admin/categories.php, which I did'nt made the necessary corrections. This is in connection with the ACA functions. I just have to switch the HTC on ACA module.

Now the problem is the HTC gives some warning connections:

HTC page control:

catalog/includes/header_tags.php file appear to be incorrect

catalog/includes/languages/danish/header_tags.php file appear to be incorrect

HTC text control

HTC Fill tags

no warnings.

I tried the permissions 755 and 777, but it gave the same results. I evenmade the corrections for osc 060817.

Any suggestions how to fix this?

Thanks. :blush:

Hi!

I have Advance Categories Admin installed and STS4.4. I was told earlier by this forum to use the HTC of STS. That's what I did.

I installed the necessary corrections on the files except the admin/categories.php, which I did'nt made the necessary corrections. This is in connection with the ACA functions. I just have to switch the HTC on ACA module.

HTC page control:

HTC text control

HTC Fill tags

no warnings.

I tried the permissions 755 and 777, but it gave the same results. I evenmade the corrections for osc 060817.

Jack this is my index.php code, I dont see any error. I think that the manufacturer tags dont work for other languages only english. Did you have check it?

<?php
/*
 $Id: index.php,v 1.1 2003/06/11 17:37:59 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 [url="http://www.oscommerce.com"]http://www.oscommerce.com[/url]

Copyright © 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

require('includes/application_top.php');

// the following cPath references come from application_top.php
 $category_depth = 'top';
 if (isset($cPath) && tep_not_null($cPath)) {
   $categories_products_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " where categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'");
   $cateqories_products = tep_db_fetch_array($categories_products_query);
   if ($cateqories_products['total'] > 0) {
     $category_depth = 'products'; // display products
   } else {
     $category_parent_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " where parent_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'");
     $category_parent = tep_db_fetch_array($category_parent_query);
     if ($category_parent['total'] > 0) {
       $category_depth = 'nested'; // navigate through the categories
     } else {
       $category_depth = 'products'; // category has no products, but display the 'no products' message
     }
   }
 }

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_DEFAULT);
?>
<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html <?php echo HTML_PARAMS; ?>>
<head>
<?php
// BOF: Header Tag Controller v2.5.7
if ( file_exists(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php') ) {
 require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php');
} else {
?> 
 <title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>
<?php
}
// EOF: Header Tag Controller v2.5.7
?>
<base href="<?php echo (($request_type == 'SSL') ? HTTPS_SERVER : HTTP_SERVER) . DIR_WS_CATALOG; ?>">
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">
</head>
<body marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" topmargin="0" bottommargin="0" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0">
<!-- header //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header.php'); ?>
<!-- header_eof //-->

<!-- body //-->
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="3" cellpadding="3">
 <tr>
   <td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
<!-- left_navigation //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_left.php'); ?>
<!-- left_navigation_eof //-->
   </table></td>
<!-- body_text //-->
<?php
   if ($category_depth == 'nested') {
   $category_query = tep_db_query("select cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, cd.categories_htc_title_tag, cd.categories_htc_description from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
   $category = tep_db_fetch_array($category_query);
?>
   <td width="100%" valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
     <tr>
       <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
         <tr>
          <td><h1><?php echo $category['categories_htc_title_tag']; ?></h1></td>
          <td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $category['categories_image'], $category['categories_name'], HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>
         </tr>
          <?php if (tep_not_null($category['categories_htc_description'])) { ?> 
         <tr>
          <td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
         </tr>
         <tr>
          <td><h2><?php echo $category['categories_htc_description']; ?></h2></td>
         </tr>
         <?php } ?>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
         <tr>
           <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
             <tr>
<?php
   if (isset($cPath) && strpos('_', $cPath)) {
// check to see if there are deeper categories within the current category
     $category_links = array_reverse($cPath_array);
     for($i=0, $n=sizeof($category_links); $i<$n; $i++) {
       $categories_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.parent_id = '" . (int)$category_links[$i] . "' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
       $categories = tep_db_fetch_array($categories_query);
       if ($categories['total'] < 1) {
         // do nothing, go through the loop
       } else {
         $categories_query = tep_db_query("select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, c.parent_id from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.parent_id = '" . (int)$category_links[$i] . "' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by sort_order, cd.categories_name");
         break; // we've found the deepest category the customer is in
       }
     }
   } else {
     $categories_query = tep_db_query("select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, c.parent_id from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.parent_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by sort_order, cd.categories_name");
   }

$number_of_categories = tep_db_num_rows($categories_query);

$rows = 0;
   while ($categories = tep_db_fetch_array($categories_query)) {
     $rows++;
     $cPath_new = tep_get_path($categories['categories_id']);
     $width = (int)(100 / MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW) . '%';
     echo '                <td align="center" class="smallText" width="' . $width . '" valign="top"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, $cPath_new) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $categories['categories_image'], $categories['categories_name'], SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_WIDTH, SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '<br>' . $categories['categories_name'] . '</a></td>' . "\n";
     if ((($rows / MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW) == floor($rows / MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW)) && ($rows != $number_of_categories)) {
       echo '              </tr>' . "\n";
       echo '              <tr>' . "\n";
     }
   }

// needed for the new products module shown below
   $new_products_category_id = $current_category_id;
?>
             </tr>
           </table></td>
         </tr>
<?php
// DEFAULT SPECIALS ON CATEGORIES START...
              if (SHOW_DEFAULTSPECIALS_CATEGORY=="true") {
?>
         <tr>
         </tr>
  <tr>
    <td><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_DEFAULT_SPECIALS); ?></td>
  </tr>

<?php
  }
// DEFAULT SPECIALS ON CATEGORIES END...
?>
         <tr>
         </tr>
   <tr>
   <td><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_FEATURED); ?></td>
   </tr>
   <tr>
   </tr>
         <tr>
           <td><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS); ?></td>
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
   </table></td>
<?php
 } elseif ($category_depth == 'products' || isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) {
// create column list
   $define_list = array('PRODUCT_LIST_MODEL' => PRODUCT_LIST_MODEL,
                        'PRODUCT_LIST_NAME' => PRODUCT_LIST_NAME,
                        'PRODUCT_LIST_MANUFACTURER' => PRODUCT_LIST_MANUFACTURER,
                        'PRODUCT_LIST_PRICE' => PRODUCT_LIST_PRICE,
                        'PRODUCT_LIST_QUANTITY' => PRODUCT_LIST_QUANTITY,
                        'PRODUCT_LIST_WEIGHT' => PRODUCT_LIST_WEIGHT,
                        'PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE' => PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE,
                        'PRODUCT_LIST_BUY_NOW' => PRODUCT_LIST_BUY_NOW);

asort($define_list);

$column_list = array();
   reset($define_list);
   while (list($key, $value) = each($define_list)) {
     if ($value > 0) $column_list[] = $key;
   }

$select_column_list = '';

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($column_list); $i<$n; $i++) {
     switch ($column_list[$i]) {
       case 'PRODUCT_LIST_MODEL':
         $select_column_list .= 'p.products_model, ';
         break;
       case 'PRODUCT_LIST_NAME':
         $select_column_list .= 'pd.products_name, ';
         break;
       case 'PRODUCT_LIST_MANUFACTURER':
         $select_column_list .= 'm.manufacturers_name, ';
         break;
       case 'PRODUCT_LIST_QUANTITY':
         $select_column_list .= 'p.products_quantity, ';
         break;
       case 'PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE':
         $select_column_list .= 'p.products_image, ';
         break;
       case 'PRODUCT_LIST_WEIGHT':
         $select_column_list .= 'p.products_weight, ';
         break;
     }
   }

// show the products of a specified manufacturer
   if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) {
     if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'])) {
// We are asked to show only a specific category
       $listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c where p.products_status = '1' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and m.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'] . "'";
     } else {
// We show them all
       $listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m where p.products_status = '1' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and m.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "'";
     }
   } else {
// show the products in a given categorie
     if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'])) {
// We are asked to show only specific catgeory
       $listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c where p.products_status = '1' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and m.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'] . "' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'";
     } else {
// We show them all
       $listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'";
     }
   }

if ( (!isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'])) || (!ereg('[1-8][ad]', $HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'])) || (substr($HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'], 0, 1) > sizeof($column_list)) ) {
     for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($column_list); $i<$n; $i++) {
       if ($column_list[$i] == 'PRODUCT_LIST_NAME') {
         $HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'] = $i+1 . 'a';
         $listing_sql .= " order by pd.products_name";
         break;
       }
     }
   } else {
     $sort_col = substr($HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'], 0 , 1);
     $sort_order = substr($HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'], 1);
     $listing_sql .= ' order by ';
     switch ($column_list[$sort_col-1]) {
       case 'PRODUCT_LIST_MODEL':
         $listing_sql .= "p.products_model " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name";
         break;
       case 'PRODUCT_LIST_NAME':
         $listing_sql .= "pd.products_name " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '');
         break;
       case 'PRODUCT_LIST_MANUFACTURER':
         $listing_sql .= "m.manufacturers_name " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name";
         break;
       case 'PRODUCT_LIST_QUANTITY':
         $listing_sql .= "p.products_quantity " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name";
         break;
       case 'PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE':
         $listing_sql .= "pd.products_name";
         break;
       case 'PRODUCT_LIST_WEIGHT':
         $listing_sql .= "p.products_weight " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name";
         break;
       case 'PRODUCT_LIST_PRICE':
         $listing_sql .= "final_price " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name";
         break;
     }
   }
   if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) 
     $db_query = tep_db_query("select manufacturers_htc_title_tag as htc_title, manufacturers_htc_description as htc_description from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS_INFO . " where languages_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "'");
   else 
     $db_query = tep_db_query("select categories_htc_title_tag as htc_title, categories_htc_description as htc_description from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " where categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

$htc = tep_db_fetch_array($db_query);
   ?>
   <td width="100%" valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
     <tr>
         <tr>
           <td><h1><?php echo $htc['htc_title']; ?></h1></td>
<?php
// optional Product List Filter
   if (PRODUCT_LIST_FILTER > 0) {
       $filterlist_sql = "select distinct c.categories_id as id, cd.categories_name as name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = c.categories_id and p2c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "' order by cd.categories_name";
     } else {
       $filterlist_sql= "select distinct m.manufacturers_id as id, m.manufacturers_name as name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m where p.products_status = '1' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' order by m.manufacturers_name";
     }
     $filterlist_query = tep_db_query($filterlist_sql);
     if (tep_db_num_rows($filterlist_query) > 1) {
       echo '            <td align="center" class="main">' . tep_draw_form('filter', FILENAME_DEFAULT, 'get') . TEXT_SHOW . ' ';
         echo tep_draw_hidden_field('manufacturers_id', $HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id']);
         $options = array(array('id' => '', 'text' => TEXT_ALL_CATEGORIES));
       } else {
         echo tep_draw_hidden_field('cPath', $cPath);
         $options = array(array('id' => '', 'text' => TEXT_ALL_MANUFACTURERS));
       }
       echo tep_draw_hidden_field('sort', $HTTP_GET_VARS['sort']);
       while ($filterlist = tep_db_fetch_array($filterlist_query)) {
         $options[] = array('id' => $filterlist['id'], 'text' => $filterlist['name']);
       }
       echo tep_draw_pull_down_menu('filter_id', $options, (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id']) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'] : ''), 'onchange="this.form.submit()"');
       echo '</form></td>' . "\n";
     }
   }

// Get the right image for the top-right
   $image = DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_list.gif';
     $image = tep_db_query("select manufacturers_image from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " where manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "'");
     $image = tep_db_fetch_array($image);
     $image = $image['manufacturers_image'];
   } elseif ($current_category_id) {
     $image = tep_db_query("select categories_image from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " where categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'");
     $image = tep_db_fetch_array($image);
     $image = $image['categories_image'];
   }
?>
           <td align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $image, $category['categories_htc_title_tag'], HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>
         </tr>           
         <?php if (tep_not_null($htc['htc_description'])) { ?> 
         <tr>
         </tr>
         <tr>
          <td colspan="2"><h2><?php echo $htc['htc_description']; ?></h2></td>
         </tr>
         <?php } ?>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_PRODUCT_LISTING); ?></td>
     </tr>
   </table></td>
<?php
 } else { // default page
?>
     <tr>
         <tr>
           <td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>
           <td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_default.gif', HEADING_TITLE, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
     </tr>
     <tr>
         <tr>
           <td class="main"><?php echo tep_customer_greeting(); ?></td>
         </tr>
         <tr>
         </tr>
         <tr>
           <td class="main"><?php include(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_DEFINE_MAINPAGE); ?></td>
         </tr>
<?php
// STAR PRODUCT START...
              if (SHOW_STARPRODUCT=="true") {
?>
  <tr>
    <td><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_STAR_PRODUCT); ?></td>
  </tr>

<?php
  }
// STAR PRODUCT END...
?>
<?php
// DEFAULT SPECIALS START...
              if (SHOW_DEFAULTSPECIALS=="true") {
?>
         <tr>
         </tr>
  <tr>
    <td><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_DEFAULT_SPECIALS); ?></td>
  </tr>

<?php
  }
// DEFAULT SPECIALS END...
?>
         </tr>
   <tr>
   <td><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_FEATURED); ?></td>
   </tr>
   <tr>
   </tr>
         <tr>
           <td><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS); ?></td>
         </tr>
         <tr>
         </tr>
         <tr>
           <td><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_NEWS); ?></td>
         </tr>
<?php
   include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_UPCOMING_PRODUCTS);
?>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
   </table></td>
<?php
 }
?>
<!-- body_text_eof //-->
   <td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
<!-- right_navigation //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_right.php'); ?>
<!-- right_navigation_eof //-->
   </table></td>
 </tr>
</table>
<!-- body_eof //-->

<!-- footer //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'footer.php'); ?>
<!-- footer_eof //-->
<br>
</body>
</html>
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php'); ?>

Hi!

HTC page control:

HTC text control

HTC Fill tags

no warnings.

I haven't look at the ACA contribution in some time but the last time I did, their Header Tags file was outdated. If that hasn't been corrected, then I would look there first.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack this is my index.php code, I dont see any error. I think that the manufacturer tags dont work for other languages only english. Did you have check it?
Ahh, I thought you were referring to the text on the page. You mean the title and meta tags. You are correct. there is a coding mistake with regards to that. In the includes/header_tags.php file, change this line
$the_category_query= tep_db_query("select m.manufacturers_name as name, mi.manufacturers_htc_title_tag as htc_title_tag, mi.manufacturers_htc_desc_tag as htc_desc_tag, mi.manufacturers_htc_keywords_tag as htc_keywords_tag from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m LEFT JOIN " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS_INFO . " mi on m.manufacturers_id = mi.manufacturers_id where m.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "'");

to this one

$the_category_query= tep_db_query("select m.manufacturers_name as name, mi.manufacturers_htc_title_tag as htc_title_tag, mi.manufacturers_htc_desc_tag as htc_desc_tag, mi.manufacturers_htc_keywords_tag as htc_keywords_tag from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m LEFT JOIN " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS_INFO . " mi on m.manufacturers_id = mi.manufacturers_id where m.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "' and mi.languages_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

hi, i just installed the header tags, no error. when i went to admin/header_tags_controller.php?selected_box=header%20tags, i saw these msg at the top:

Permissions settings for the c:/inetpub/wwwroot/template50/includes/header_tags.php file appear to be incorrect

Error Permissions settings for the c:/inetpub/wwwroot/template50/includes/languages/english/header_tags.php file appear to be incorrect

i am using window xp, php4.4, mysql 5.0. i have tried setting the security rights for those 2 files: IUSER, users but still getting the same errors. can anyone tell me what user i need to set for this? thanks alot.

hi, i just installed the header tags, no error. when i went to admin/header_tags_controller.php?selected_box=header%20tags, i saw these msg at the top:

Permissions settings for the c:/inetpub/wwwroot/template50/includes/header_tags.php file appear to be incorrect

Error Permissions settings for the c:/inetpub/wwwroot/template50/includes/languages/english/header_tags.php file appear to be incorrect

i am using window xp, php4.4, mysql 5.0. i have tried setting the security rights for those 2 files: IUSER, users but still getting the same errors. can anyone tell me what user i need to set for this? thanks alot.

i have tried to install on a linux host too, and set those files permissions to 777, but i still get those 2 errors. please help.

i have tried to install on a linux host too, and set those files permissions to 777, but i still get those 2 errors. please help.
I can't help you with the Windows setup since I have no way of testnig that. But for the Linux, set the permissions on the header tags files to whatever the images directory has.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I can't help you with the Windows setup since I have no way of testnig that. But for the Linux, set the permissions on the header tags files to whatever the images directory has.

Jack

i did. it is 777 on the image folder. i set the header_tags.php for 777 too. but it still shows the error msg. it shows on these pages:

admin/header_tags_controller.php?selected_box=header%20tags

admin/header_tags_controller.php

on page: admin/header_tags_english.php, i only see:

Permissions settings for the /public_html/osc/includes/languages/english/header_tags.php file appear to be incorrect

and no error msg on this: admin/header_tags_fill_tags.php page.

Edited by mlcy44

In the admin/header_tags_controller.php file, add this code

echo 'Permissions: ' .GetPermissions(DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES) . ' - ' . Getpermissions($filenameInc);

after this line

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_HEADER_TAGS_CONTROLLER);

. Save and upload the file then go into admin->Header Tags. You should see Permissions: displayed at the top of the page. What are the numbers following that?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

In the admin/header_tags_controller.php file, add this code
echo 'Permissions: ' .GetPermissions(DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES) . ' - ' . Getpermissions($filenameInc);

after this line

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_HEADER_TAGS_CONTROLLER);

. Save and upload the file then go into admin->Header Tags. You should see Permissions: displayed at the top of the page. What are the numbers following that?

Jack

i got this:

Permissions: 755 - 0

what is the $filenameInc? did i miss anything somewhere?

Edited by mlcy44

Oops. Move the code I gave you a few lines down, right after

$filenameEng = DIR_FS_CATALOG . DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/header_tags.php';

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

i already installed 2.5.9 of this contribution, and for some reason it doesnt work on all pages. i looked at the admin section where it checks if the code is present and all looks well.

i am thinking about upgrading to 2.6.2 in the hope that it will correct any errors i might have in the installation, are there any instructions for upgrading from my verson to the preseant? if not, wht method would you suggest?

my site is already live, and when i tryed backing it up and try and running it on my wamp server for the instal testing i couldnt get itto work(SEO URLS .htpass - i think is messing the urls up) so i would attempt the work on a live site? i know its not the best way, but i will download all the files that needs updating and backing them for disaster recovery if i need to, are there any changes to the DB as well?

any suggestions, tips and tricks will be welcome

currently using OSC2.2MS2 051113 with the following contributions:

AJAX Attributemanager 2.1 - All_products 4.4 - Banner manager 1.5b - banner hack picture in manager * description in product listing hack ms2 v2.4 * drop shadow boxes v.1.1 * Easy populater 2.76d-ms2 by surfalot * FCKEditor * header tag controller v2.5.9 * jcssmenu * LoginBox 5.6 * option type feature v1.71 * OSC-Cach-v1.1 * popup_imagecleaned_stilized_2 * Remove from cart button hack * scrolling bestsellers * Article manager1.4 * Links Manager v1.14. * proffessional invoice&packingslip 6.1 * Ultimate SEO URLs

Personaly i think all these features NEED to be in the main core as they are quite basic features that are missing. but then again what do i know?

i got Permissions: 755 - 777;
Then that is the problem. The permissions on the header tags files do not match those on the images directory. Not all hosts will allow you to change permissions from an ftp program so you should try changing them with the control panels filemanager (not admins filemanager). If that is the case, it might display correctly in the ftp program but not really be changed.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Then that is the problem. The permissions on the header tags files do not match those on the images directory. Not all hosts will allow you to change permissions from an ftp program so you should try changing them with the control panels filemanager (not admins filemanager). If that is the case, it might display correctly in the ftp program but not really be changed.

Jack

YES! it fixed the problem, thanks alot for you help. :lol: