• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Header Tags Controller for Admin MS 2.2

Farrukh

It works fine when I test it here but that might be due to the other settings. Do you have any other HT boxes checked for the product_info section?

Jack

Nope only HTPA is checked.

Also Im having difficulty with the optional keyword box and the column controller contrib.

Edited by Pilly

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

Well done for this nice contrib.

I've a little problem, for my STS v4.3 with Header Tags Controller v2.6.2

I just want to add this line in the product_info.php page, but it shows nothing in the source of the html page :

<a name="<?php echo $tags_array['title']; ?>"></a>

I mean the $tags_array is not interpreted. Any idea ?

I've posted in STS forum, but I think its more a HTC problem.

Thanks for your help.

Seb

Osc 2.2 MS2

Nope only HTPA is checked.

Also Im having difficulty with the optional keyword box and the column controller contrib.

I am not familiar with column controller contribution so I can't help you there. The text for the HTPA option is controlled by the includes/header_tags.php and english/header_tags.php files. You might want to replace those with the stock ones to see what happens.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

If you replace those files and it works, then the problem is in those files and you should compare your original ones with them to find the problem.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

I just want to add this line in the product_info.php page, but it shows nothing in the source of the html page :

I mean the $tags_array is not interpreted. Any idea ?

I've posted in STS forum, but I think its more a HTC problem.

Thanks for your help.Seb

I've worked on this issue and find a way to show it, by adding this lines of code in the product_info.php (taken from includes/header_tags.php) :

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . 'header_tags.php');
$the_product_info_query = tep_db_query("select pd.language_id, p.products_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_head_title_tag, pd.products_head_keywords_tag, pd.products_head_desc_tag, p.products_model, p.products_quantity, p.products_image, pd.products_url, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_date_added, p.products_date_available, p.manufacturers_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = '" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and pd.products_id = '" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "'" . " and pd.language_id ='" .  $languages_id . "'");

if (empty($the_product_info['products_head_title_tag'])) {   //if not HTC title in product
  if (HTTA_CAT_PRODUCT_DEFAULT_ON=='1') {					//if HTCA checked
	$tags_array['title']= HEAD_TITLE_TAG_PRODUCT_INFO;	   //show title for this section 
  }  
  if ( HTTA_PRODUCT_INFO_ON=='1' || empty($tags_array['title'])) { //if default switch on or no entry
	$tags_array['title'].= HEAD_TITLE_TAG_ALL;			   //include the default text
  }	   
} else {	
  $tags_array['title']= clean_html_comments($the_product_info['products_head_title_tag']);
  if (HTTA_CAT_PRODUCT_DEFAULT_ON=='1') {
	$tags_array['title'] .= ' ' . HEAD_TITLE_TAG_PRODUCT_INFO;
  }
  if ( HTTA_PRODUCT_INFO_ON=='1' ) {
	$tags_array['title'] .= ' ' . HEAD_TITLE_TAG_ALL;
  }
}

//###   it works now 
?>

And I have to put the same code for the header tag box. Why shall I include it again in those pages, although it is already in header_tags.php ?

Seb

Osc 2.2 MS2

Hello,

Ive been having a few problems. Everything is installed and most is working ok, but something is not quite right as everypage has the same tags and header.

Any ideas on what is wrong? I think everything else is ok..

Thanks.

Maybe Fill Tags wasn't ran?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I've worked on this issue and find a way to show it, by adding this lines of code in the product_info.php (taken from includes/header_tags.php) :

And I have to put the same code for the header tag box. Why shall I include it again in those pages, although it is already in header_tags.php ?

Seb

That change is in the product_info file and should have nothing to do with STS since once that code is used, STS is finished loading. You might want to look at the instructions for it again. Placing the codein the header_tags.php file as you did means the code ends up in the <head> section, which isn't proper coding.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Folks,

I am getting the following error when I try to go to the Manufacturer's page on the admin consol to enter a new manufacturer:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-20, 20' at line 1

select m.manufacturers_id, m.manufacturers_name, m.manufacturers_image, m.date_added, m.last_modified, mi.manufacturers_htc_title_tag from manufacturers m LEFT JOIN manufacturers_info mi on m.manufacturers_id = mi.manufacturers_id where mi.languages_id = '1' order by m.manufacturers_name limit -20, 20

I have found the sql query in the manufacturers.php, but it does not have limit -20,20 in the query. It appears to be this bit that is causing the problem.

Has anyone got any ideas if it is pulling the sql from a different file?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi Jack,

The instructions are so simple!! just put

in the product_info !! I dont know what I have missed :huh:

Placing the codein the header_tags.php file as you did means the code ends up in the <head> section, which isn't proper coding.
That's exactly the clue. Will try to reinstall sts 4.3.3 bundled with latest header tag contrib.

Seb

Osc 2.2 MS2

Hi Folks,

I am getting the following error when I try to go to the Manufacturer's page on the admin consol to enter a new manufacturer:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-20, 20' at line 1

select m.manufacturers_id, m.manufacturers_name, m.manufacturers_image, m.date_added, m.last_modified, mi.manufacturers_htc_title_tag from manufacturers m LEFT JOIN manufacturers_info mi on m.manufacturers_id = mi.manufacturers_id where mi.languages_id = '1' order by m.manufacturers_name limit -20, 20

I have found the sql query in the manufacturers.php, but it does not have limit -20,20 in the query. It appears to be this bit that is causing the problem.

Has anyone got any ideas if it is pulling the sql from a different file?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks for the help Jack. I downloaded the oscommerce update and uploaded the new Split_page_results.php to the server, but I still have the same problem. I take it that if I install the complete update I will lose the changes I have made to the look of the site including the categories box changes etc.

Could youplease verify if this will be the case.

Thanks,

Eddie

Hi Jack,

The instructions are so simple!! just put

in the product_info !! I dont know what I have missed :huh:

That's exactly the clue. Will try to reinstall sts 4.3.3 bundled with latest header tag contrib.

Seb

In the instructions I have here it says
FIND: (around line 33)

<body marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" topmargin="0" bottommargin="0" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0">

ADD UNDER IT:

I can't say why your copy isn't saying that.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks for the help Jack. I downloaded the oscommerce update and uploaded the new Split_page_results.php to the server, but I still have the same problem. I take it that if I install the complete update I will lose the changes I have made to the look of the site including the categories box changes etc.

Could youplease verify if this will be the case.

Thanks,

Eddie

There are two split_page_results.php files. Be sure you changed both. To install the changes into a changed shop, you have to make the changes manually (versus just uploading the files) or you may lose changes you have made.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

There are two split_page_results.php files. Be sure you changed both. To install the changes into a changed shop, you have to make the changes manually (versus just uploading the files) or you may lose changes you have made.

Jack

Hi Jack,

Thank you very much for all your help. I didn't realise there were two different files. All working fine now

Thanks again,

Eddie

Headertags set all works fine, but on a page admin/header_tags_controller.php

above report

Permissions settings for the w:/home/shop.com/www/includes/header_tags.php file appear to be incorrect 
Permissions settings for the w:/home/shop.com/www/includes/languages/english/header_tags.php file appear to be incorrect

that to do???

Thank you.

I am sorry for English.

Headertags set all works fine, but on a page admin/header_tags_controller.php

above report

Permissions settings for the w:/home/shop.com/www/includes/header_tags.php file appear to be incorrect 
Permissions settings for the w:/home/shop.com/www/includes/languages/english/header_tags.php file appear to be incorrect

that to do???

Thank you.

I am sorry for English.

The permissions on those files have to be set correctly for Header Tags to work. Check what the permissions are on your images directory and set the ones for those files the same way.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Its been ran, thats why I wont is there something wrong?
When you say, "everypage has the same tags and header," are you saying the title of your home page is the same as your shipping page which is the same as your products page (and so on)? Or are you referring to specific pages?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi. I'm going to add HTC to a site for a client. In this case, the client is adding products to one db, while I do mods in a different store directory and db.

I can't recall...if I do the db changes on my db, which add fields to things like categories, etc., will I have a problem importing the exported category and product records from his db? i.e., if these added fields are not included in his exported transactions, will the records still import? I believe an update doesn't require all fields to be included, but I don't remember for certain.

How are going to export/import the category?

Jack

Do an export of the category and product tables from the database without the htc mods, and an import into the database with the mods. There would be no data as yet associated with HTC, it's a matter of whether there would be a problem importing table data without the HTC fields in the INSERT records when the receiving table has the HTC fields.

If you are just importing data, it will probably skip those fields but I'm not sure what conditon they would be in. I would just import the structure and data and then add the HTC fields back in. There is a sql script in the contribution for just updating the categories.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

If you are just importing data, it will probably skip those fields but I'm not sure what conditon they would be in. I would just import the structure and data and then add the HTC fields back in. There is a sql script in the contribution for just updating the categories.

Jack

Yeah. Good idea. I was just going to import the data, but I can do a drop table on each, and then run the sql scripts again.