• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Header Tags Controller for Admin MS 2.2

Farrukh

Ok - just after posting - I found it.

It doesn't update a table at all, it writes it to catalog/includes/english/header_tags.php, which is even better and much easier for me to block edit.

Thanks.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I took a look at the site but Header Tags appears to working correctly. What is it that you think is wrong?

Jack

Okay on the site it says Global X >> Home >> etc etc

But if I go into a product, eg Basketball.

It should read Global X >> Home >> Products >> Balls >> Basketball

But it only gets up to the category so reads this:

Global X >> Home >> Products >> Balls >>

Do you know what I mean? How can I fix this? Thanks

Oh, your'e talking about the breadcrumb trail. Header Tags doesn't change that. It is determined by code in the includes/application_top.php file. You should compare that file with an original to see if code is missing.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

managed to get rid of all my parse errors etc, all seems to be working fine except every time i run fill tags the contribution works fine until i exit the fill tags page in admin, when i go back i find that it has all reset to skip all tags

any ideas.

If you mean that everytime you click on the Fill Tags link in the left column, that the radio buttons are switched to Skip, then that is the correct operation. The code doesn't remember the last setting.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

small problem with my install, everything seems fine except when i run the fill tags part of header tags in admin, every time i set it it works fine until i exit the fill tags screen, when i go back in it has reset itself to skip all tags

any ideas

small problem with my install, everything seems fine except when i run the fill tags part of header tags in admin, every time i set it it works fine until i exit the fill tags screen, when i go back in it has reset itself to skip all tags

any ideas

That is correct operation as far as I can see....

The page does not store any information about what you did the last time you visited the page.

Each time you go to that page it is ready to be told what to do, it has no need to remember what you did last time...

any ideas

The page does not store any information about what you did the last time you visited the page.

Each time you go to that page it is ready to be told what to do, it has no need to remember what you did last time...

problem is the contribution only works while i am in that page as soon as it is closed it stops working and my headers all change back

That doesn't make any sense to me. Are you saying that you have to keep an admin screen open and be in Fill Tags in order to have Header Tags display properly on the shop side?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Ok, when I edit a product or add a new one there is no title field and the title disapears after editing.... I redid the entire admin/categories.php file and it is still not working.... Everything else seems to be great though! Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

oops, the title doesnt disappear, the name of the product disappears.

Hi Folks,

I am having the same problem. The product title box has disappeared on the new product page, so you are unable to add the product name.

Any help would be much appreciated.

This has been addressed many times in this thread. The problem is due to a mistake in the categories.php file. You will need to correct that mistake to fix the problem.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

That doesn't make any sense to me. Are you saying that you have to keep an admin screen open and be in Fill Tags in order to have Header Tags display properly on the shop side?

Jack

yes and when i leave it just reverts yto displaying the shop name

I have header tags installed and it has been working fine. I just can't seem to update product_info.php.

All the pages are the same they have my default setting on all the pages. I would like for each category to have the name of the category with default name at top. http://www.c57.us I don't know what I might have done to mess this up, but if I recall at first when I would click on a category the tag would automatically show in the top. I could be wrong. If someone could take a look to see what I am talking about, I would greatly appreciate. I was able to update allprods.php with no problem. The others seem to have the same names. My main concern is the different categories.

This support thread is 158 pages long. I will be reading on to see if I may find something in the meantime. Thank-you.

This support thread is 158 pages long. I will be reading on to see if I may find something in the meantime. Thank-you.

Here is a quick search tip for long threads such as this one...

Use Google to search 80+ page contribution threads.

First, go to the thread you want to search. Scroll down to the bottom of the page, and you will find a link to the "Lo-Fi version". This is what Google crawls when indexing the forums.

Go to it, and copy the link.

Now, go to Google and type in site:paste your link here.

Now, before you add the search phrase, you should delete the .html from the end of the link.

Now, add your search phrase.

Example search: site:http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/lofiversion/index.php/t51815 "product_info"

Searches the HTC thread regarding the product_info file. :thumbsup:

This should save you hours of just reading through long threads such as these.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

I have header tags installed and it has been working fine. I just can't seem to update product_info.php.

All the pages are the same they have my default setting on all the pages. I would like for each category to have the name of the category with default name at top. http://www.c57.us I don't know what I might have done to mess this up, but if I recall at first when I would click on a category the tag would automatically show in the top. I could be wrong. If someone could take a look to see what I am talking about, I would greatly appreciate. I was able to update allprods.php with no problem. The others seem to have the same names. My main concern is the different categories.

The products page title is shown by code in the product_info.php file while the category page title is shown by code in the index.php file so unless you have changed both of those files, the problem is somewhere else. My guess is that it is in the includes/header_tags.php file. Try replacing yours with the one from the contribution to see if it starts working (you may also need to replace the english/header_tags.php file too). If it starts working, then you need to compare those files with yours to see what the difference is.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

After adding the HTC to my site I can no longer add the name of products or edit them. Jack mentioned this was a common problem and that I'd done something wrong during the update of categories.php file (I'm assuming admin versus english).

However I just restored my original categories.php file and went through the processes again carefully with the same results. I can't see where I'm making the mistake and just wondered if others who have solved this problem could provide more information or give me some tips on how to resolve it.

Cheers,

Ben.

External link removed. Please read the forum rules regarding profile signatures.

Just trying it again and I have noted for the second time that the line numbering (provided as a guide) is fairly close up until I get to this change (when it jumps from being 2 lines out to 15 lines difference), indicating the change just before it may be the one that is problematic:

Around line 679, find this section of code

<?php

} elseif ($action == 'new_product_preview') {

if (tep_not_null($HTTP_POST_VARS)) {

$pInfo = new objectInfo($HTTP_POST_VARS);

$products_name = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_name'];

$products_description = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_description'];

$products_url = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_url'];

} else {

$product_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.language_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_url, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, p.products_date_available, p.products_status, p.manufacturers_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = pd.products_id and p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'] . "'");

$product = tep_db_fetch_array($product_query);

Edited by mivatech

External link removed. Please read the forum rules regarding profile signatures.

Ok I figured it out. Jack you're right it is a user error but the numbering is wrong and helps to catch the user out.

The change for the TEXT_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION found here:

Around line 519, find this section of code

Is actually a number of lines lower at about line 549. Currently around line 519 is the TEXT_PRODUCTS_NAME which is what I mistakenly updated instead (and more than likely what other people are doing also).

If you change the Install_Admin.txt file to read as:

Around line 549, find this section of code

I think this would help to stop people from making this mistake. :)

Cheers,

Ben.

Ok I figured it out. Jack you're right it is a user error but the numbering is wrong and helps to catch the user out.

The change for the TEXT_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION found here:

Is actually a number of lines lower at about line 549. Currently around line 519 is the TEXT_PRODUCTS_NAME which is what I mistakenly updated instead (and more than likely what other people are doing also).

If you change the Install_Admin.txt file to read as:

I think this would help to stop people from making this mistake. :)

Cheers,

Ben.

Ben, I don't mean to speak for Jack but the key phrase in his instructions is "around line...".

Your actual line of code has a great possibility of being totally different than Jacks so therefore he is trying to "guide" you in the right direction. :thumbsup:

It is a good thing however to use this forum to discuss particular trouble spots in the installation or use of the contribution so that others can learn from them. Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

BKellum,

Thanks, I understood that to be the case and agree with you 100%.

However I had trouble finding anything specifically about this problem except that those who experienced it "had made a mistake in the categories.php file".

It seems this has been a problem for a number of people before me so I'm sure it will be for some after me and I just wanted to suggest a possible way to reduce the occurances of it and/or post my solution for others.

:)

Cheers,

Ben.

P.S. I installed HTC on a completely clean setup.

found out today my problem is a bit more complicated, works when i have set it to fill tags exit admin still working exit the shop go back in still working, try again in a while and it will stop working, im totally confused anyone seen this before

any ideas

problem is the contribution only works while i am in that page as soon as it is closed it stops working and my headers all change back

Jack

yes and when i leave it just reverts yto displaying the shop name

If the options in admin are not working correctly, try using the categories file included with the contribution. If it doesn't work after that, it isn't Header Tags that is causing the problem.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello

This contribution has just be installed on my store and I am now getting teh following error in categories.php when I try to edit a product. Has anyone seen this before and know of a fix?

Warning: reset() [function.reset]: Passed variable is not an array or object in /home/aiwrhhud/public_html/admin/includes/classes/object_info.php on line 18

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /home/aiwrhhud/public_html/admin/includes/classes/object_info.php on line 19