• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIB] Admin Access Level Accounts for MS2

papasan

Well, I just went to File Access -> Reports ->Store files (I believe that's what you meant? Thank you, I hadn't realized that lead anywhere), and I have this error:

Warning: dir(/htdocs/catalog/admin/): failed to open dir: Invalid argument in J:\XAMPP\xampp\htdocs\catalog\admin\admin_files.php on line 235

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in J:\XAMPP\xampp\htdocs\catalog\admin\admin_files.php on line 237

Those lines are:

235: $dir = dir(DIR_FS_ADMIN);

237: while ($file = $dir->read()) {

...I'm still confused, but farther along than before I believe, so thank you.

Always BACK UP your files and your database before making any changes. Before asking questions, check out the Knowledge Base. Check out the contributions to see if your problem's solved there. Search the forums.

Useful threads: Store Speed Optimization How to make a horrible shop Basics for design change How to search the forums

Useful contributions: Easypopulate Fast, Easy Checkout Header Tag Controller

And I just got the easypopulate box working, thank you.

Always BACK UP your files and your database before making any changes. Before asking questions, check out the Knowledge Base. Check out the contributions to see if your problem's solved there. Search the forums.

Useful threads: Store Speed Optimization How to make a horrible shop Basics for design change How to search the forums

If anyone has any advice on what to about the errors, it would be welcome. I just wiped my database of the reports subtable in the admin_files table, and redid it with all four reports that I'm attempting to display. It is currently displaying the default three, but not the fourth contribution that I installed. In administrator -> file access -> reports -> store files, it is displaying all four links that I am attempting to display, but it also shows that error. When I start clicking around on the four links, it stops displaying the error until I try clicking on store files again.

Please help. This is driving me nuts.

...it goes evereytime to the login-page.

and if i want to change the categorie fast with the drop-down menu right side over the products happens the same.

Anyone else run into this? This is from admin/categories.php:

<?php
echo tep_draw_form('goto', FILENAME_CATEGORIES, '', 'get');
echo HEADING_TITLE_GOTO . ' ' . tep_draw_pull_down_menu('cPath', tep_get_category_tree(), $current_category_id, 'onChange="this.form.submit();"');
echo '</form>';
?>

And this is from the source view of that page:

<form name="goto" action="https://__________/catalog/admin/categories.php?osCAdminID=e8c4d2ffe5facf60fc7123847c2120c1" method="get">Go To: 

<select name="cPath" onChange="this.form.submit();">
<option value="0">Top</option>
<option value="21">Documentation</option>
<option value="1">Hardware</option>
<option value="17">   CDROM Drives</option>
<option value="4">   Graphics Cards</option>
<option value="8">   Keyboards</option>
<option value="16">   Memory</option>
<option value="9">   Mice</option>
<option value="6">   Monitors</option>
<option value="5">   Printers</option>
<option value="7">   Speakers</option>
<option value="2">Software</option>
<option value="19">   Action</option>
<option value="18">   Simulation</option>
<option value="20">   Strategy</option>
<option value="3">DVD Movies</option>
<option value="10">   Action</option>
<option value="13">   Cartoons</option>
<option value="12">   Comedy</option>
<option value="15">   Drama</option>
<option value="11">   Science Fiction</option>
<option value="14">   Thriller</option>
</select></form>				</td>

I experimented by manually entering the 'cPath=' argument in between the requested URL and the 'osCAdminID' in my browser's address bar, and it worked, but the submit() function doesn't seem to do this. Playing around with the tep_draw_form() function parameters also didn't work.

Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

I have installed "Admin Access 2.2a" (contributed by Chinchilla2 on 24 Jan 2006) from "http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1359/category,all/search,Admin-Access-Level+package

I've followed the instructions on the readme.txt file and can login as top administrator, and I can add and delete Admin members.

Problem: when I want to add items into the Catalogue by clicking on "catalogue", it displays:

Access Denied

No Right Permission Access

Please contact your Web Administrator to request

more access or if you found any problem.

I login as a top administrator and still get this message. How do I fix it??

Please help!!! Many thanks in advance :)

• 4 weeks later...

I installed this Admin Access Levels contributions successfully and it works great.

My OsC installation was originally done in a /catalog folder. I am trying to migrate it to the root directory. Everything has gone perfectly to the exception of the admin side. home/admin/login.php shows blank, so does home/admin/configuration.php

I modified the home/admin/includes/configure.php file, but perhaps something is hardcoded somewhere which is not letting the style sheet style.css to run successfully. I am guessing that the culprit is home/admin/application_top.php but haven't figured out more than that.

Has anyone else made a home root install with this contrib?

Hi

I have just installed this contrib and it mostly works (!).

As the top administrator I can do most things. I have previously installed Attributes Sets Plus and QTPro so that when I go into my products, I can click a new 'Stock' button that then lets me define the product attributes (ie size).

However, now that this contrib is installed, when I go into products and then click the stock button it says

Access Denied

As the top admin, all tick boxes are ticked. I have installed Admin Access 2.1 (for MS2) from 5 May 05.

Appreciate any next steps.

Thanks

W

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all...

I just added the contrib: Administration Access Level Accounts 2.0

Everything works well except when I add a new Admin

When I login with the new admin and click on one on the links in the main admin box which this "Admin does NOT have access" I don't get the page that is suppose to read:

Access Denied

(and has a back button below.)

Rather it brings up a blank page stating "Page cannot be found!"

(Note: The other links DO work in which I have given "permission" to for this Admin.)

Thanks for any help I can get on this!

John

EDIT

Hi all...

I just added the contrib: Administration Access Level Accounts 2.0

Everything works well except when I add a new Admin

When I login with the new admin and click on one on the links in the main admin box which this "Admin does NOT have access" I don't get the page that is suppose to read:

Access Denied

(and has a back button below.)

Rather it brings up a blank page stating "Page cannot be found!"

(Note: The other links DO work in which I have given "permission" to for this Admin.)

Thanks for any help I can get on this!

John

In case this might help...I wanted to add that the page that cannot be found has the URL address of:

www/websitename.com/admin/configuration.php?selected_box=configuration&gID=1&osCAdminID=9821f85ac940ab494a2fefc80cb179fa

Again THANKS for any direction that you can give me...

I have gone through all my code and uploaded all the files again...and the above continues to happen.

Appreciate your help,

John

In case this might help...I wanted to add that the page that cannot be found has the URL address of:

www/websitename.com/admin/configuration.php?selected_box=configuration&gID=1&osCAdminID=9821f85ac940ab494a2fefc80cb179fa

Again THANKS for any direction that you can give me...

I have gone through all my code and uploaded all the files again...and the above continues to happen.

Appreciate your help,

John

Well...I figured out the problem! Yeah! :D

If you are installing this contrib into your already modified OSCommerce and copy and pasting into your files, which I was doing...you need to be aware that there is a documentation error with the copy-n-paste of the catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php file

In the documentation: FILE NAME: catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php (1 edit)

The word FORBIDEN is MISSING A "D"....it should be spelled: "FORBIDDEN" (2 "D"s)

if ($filename != FILENAME_DEFAULT && $filename != FILENAME_FORBIDEN && $filename != FILENAME_LOGOFF && $filename != FILENAME_ADMIN_ACCOUNT && $filename != FILENAME_POPUP_IMAGE && $filename != 'packingslip.php' && $filename != 'invoice.php') {
  $db_file_query = tep_db_query("select admin_files_name from " . TABLE_ADMIN_FILES . " where FIND_IN_SET( '" . $login_groups_id . "', admin_groups_id) and admin_files_name = '" . $filename . "'");
  if (!tep_db_num_rows($db_file_query)) {
	tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_FORBIDEN));

REPLACE WITH:

if ($filename != FILENAME_DEFAULT && $filename != FILENAME_FORBIDDEN && $filename != FILENAME_LOGOFF && $filename != FILENAME_ADMIN_ACCOUNT && $filename != FILENAME_POPUP_IMAGE && $filename != 'packingslip.php' && $filename != 'invoice.php') {
  $db_file_query = tep_db_query("select admin_files_name from " . TABLE_ADMIN_FILES . " where FIND_IN_SET( '" . $login_groups_id . "', admin_groups_id) and admin_files_name = '" . $filename . "'");
	tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_FORBIDDEN));

I discovered this on April 05, 2006 and will email the contributor of the file:

Administration Access Level Accounts 2.0

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...el+Accounts+2.0

This is the contribution with the incorrect documentation:

Admin Access 2.2a - Chinchilla2 - 20 Jan 2006

Thanks everyone who took a look at my situation...again...I appreciate it!

And a big Thank You to Seth who originally put this fantastic contribution togehter. It needs to be a part of MS3!

Hi Again,,

Can someone please tell me where I can change the Auto Time-Out/Log-off Lenght, I just spent 30 Minutes writting up a new product I hit SUBMIT and the bloody admininstration logged me out/Timmed out whatever, so I signs back-in to find my new product was lost... ARH!! man was I spewen!!

Help plz.............

Cheers MaxiDVD

MaxiDVD...

Did you ever find a solution to the timeout problem for the Admin Access contrib

Let me know...thanks,

John

Yep,

I still can't get it to work with SSL enabled. Without SSL on the admin side everything works fine but once I turn SSL on I get stuck in a login loop but the secure link to the forgot password page works. I am guessing that it is not validating my login due to the changing adminID I get with every secure page load.

any ideas?

Mark

Hi Mark

I am having the same problem

and my login.php has the fix found at the begining of the forum

<?php echo tep_draw_form('login', FILENAME_LOGIN, 'action=process'); ?>

My admin is set up to use SSL and NONSSL

in configure.php

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.domaindotcom);

define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://www.domaindotcom');

define('ENABLE_SSL', 'true');

If I sort it out I will post the fix

Andrew

Hi Mark

I am having the same problem

and my login.php has the fix found at the begining of the forum

<?php echo tep_draw_form('login', FILENAME_LOGIN, 'action=process'); ?>

My admin is set up to use SSL and NONSSL

in configure.php

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.domaindotcom);

define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://www.domaindotcom');

define('ENABLE_SSL', 'true');

If I sort it out I will post the fix

Andrew

Just notest that the admin ID keeps changing each time the loop happens

/admin/login.php?osCAdminID=bf2707774ba5a018f9eb9d53ba090ad1

/admin/login.php?osCAdminID=7f916cb3325e429a6519aac3083d9ddd

It is looking like a problem is the \admin\includes\functions\general.php added code

The redirect is the problem as each time a SSL link is called - it redirects me to the secure log in page back in the loop

//Check login and file access

function tep_admin_check_login() {

global $PHP_SELF, $login_groups_id;

if (!tep_session_is_registered('login_id')) {

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN, '', 'SSL'));

} else {

$filename = basename( $PHP_SELF );

if ($filename != FILENAME_DEFAULT && $filename != FILENAME_FORBIDEN && $filename != FILENAME_LOGOFF && $filename != FILENAME_ADMIN_ACCOUNT && $filename != FILENAME_POPUP_IMAGE && $filename != 'packingslip.php' && $filename != 'invoice.php') {

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_FORBIDEN));

}

}

}

}

• 2 weeks later...
Well...I figured out the problem! Yeah! :D

In the documentation: FILE NAME: catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php (1 edit)

The word FORBIDEN is MISSING A "D"....it should be spelled: "FORBIDDEN" (2 "D"s)

I don't think this is the problem. I have an older version of the mod though, so maybe your admin/includes/filenames.php has the constant with 2 D's.

I have it spelled with 1 D in general.php and the constant in admin/includes/filenames.php is defined with 1 D too : Define('FILENAME_FORBIDEN', 'forbiden.php');

I don't think this is the problem. I have an older version of the mod though, so maybe your admin/includes/filenames.php has the constant with 2 D's.

I have it spelled with 1 D in general.php and the constant in admin/includes/filenames.php is defined with 1 D too : Define('FILENAME_FORBIDEN', 'forbiden.php');

Glad you did not have a problem on the older version of the contribution.

All I know is that the below contribution of 20 Jan 2006 did not work until i added the extra "D"

Administration Access Level Accounts 2.0

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...el+Accounts+2.0

This is the added contribution that I used with the incorrect documentation:

Admin Access 2.2a - Chinchilla2 - 20 Jan 2006

I don't think Chinchilla2 changed the documentation so those who are having a problem with that particular contrib adding a "D" fixes it!

MaxiDVD...

Did you ever find a solution to the timeout problem for the Admin Access contrib

Let me know...thanks,

John

I haven't tried it out but you could try changing the value of $SESS_LIFE in admin/includes/functions/sessions.php. In my default config, I have it at 1440, which equals 24 minutes.

Hi

Did any one figure out how to jump to a specific page when you log in. Becasue most of my admin users dont have many rights :rolleyes: i want them to log in and go straight to the categories page so that they can manage products.

Thanks

W

i read all the 14 pages of the forum

but still i didnt find the asnwer to those 2 uestion :

1.First i installed the contribution UltraPics - MS2 Image Addon Pack! + EP from Maxidvd

and when i try to insert a product in catalgo , impossible to select/broswe a image file , it s on gray

I don't know wich file to maybe include in the database for autorisation

2. for some boxes like modules.php , how to use the tep function , somebody already asked wth no answer before

$contents[] = array('text'  => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_MODULES, [b]'set=payment'[/b], 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_MODULES_PAYMENT . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_MODULES, [b]'set=shipping'[/b], 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_MODULES_SHIPPING . '</a><br>' .
							   '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_MODULES, [b]'set=ordertotal'[/b], 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_MODULES_ORDER_TOTAL . '</a>');
 }

MS2

• 2 weeks later...

This is a great contribution that has improved my life as a developer - thanks for all the support here!

I have this successfully installed with a number of contributions with a little tweaking on a few.

The only contribution I am having troubles with now is Special Price Per Customer. I have the customers_groups.php in the database and have added it to the file_access list... but the link on the left column will not show up.

If I type admin/customers_groups.php - the pages now displays properly... can anyone just tell me how to get the link on the left column to work for SPPC?

Thanks a million!!!

Landon

I've got this contribution installed and working properly (for the most part). I have run across one bug though, and I'm wondering if anyone can help me with this.

At various times, the admin will get kicked out of the system, as if their session has timed out, although the session may only be 5 minutes old. This happens regardless of what you're doing in the system. You will be working fine, and then click a link, and you get kicked out and have to re-login again.

Has anyone come across this, and better yet, does anyone have a solution?