• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

why are app purchases taking a long time to be completed?

I not able to understand why a purchased add on cannot be an automated process?  We have been waiting a week for a purchase to be usable.  This is literally an ecommerce cart vendor that is not fulfilling the purchases in a timely manner.

I am really beginning to regret my 2 year investment with OS commerce this round.  I only trusted it because I used it and helped with early development MANY years ago.

So if the current management of OSCommerce (which used to be Open Source Commerce) is no longer able to support, will all of our existing sites shut down since out "storage key" can no longer be verified?

I am trying to move away from CSCART and regret having invested so much in it with multistores. Reading this makes me rethink OSCommerce. I wanted to move some main sites away from CSCART platform to the OSCo platform, but I am starting to reconsider it. 

On 7/6/2024 at 9:46 PM, jimdanforth said:

I not able to understand why a purchased add on cannot be an automated process?  We have been waiting a week for a purchase to be usable.  This is literally an ecommerce cart vendor that is not fulfilling the purchases in a timely manner.

I am really beginning to regret my 2 year investment with OS commerce this round.  I only trusted it because I used it and helped with early development MANY years ago.

So if the current management of OSCommerce (which used to be Open Source Commerce) is no longer able to support, will all of our existing sites shut down since out "storage key" can no longer be verified?

Hi Jim,

I didn't quite understand what you are talking about? Usually the application becomes available immediately after the purchase. Can you provide some details about what happened?

On 7/6/2024 at 7:46 PM, jimdanforth said:

Jim, could you please elaborate on the issue as it is not something that we have encountered yet. 

You're welcome post it here or send it to me and @pandrei via the messages.

For your info, osCommerce has been, is, and will be open source. Some of the apps are paid for, however the core osCommerce that by default has a multitude of features and goes on par with the other mainstream Ecommerce platforms is free. The core and the apps are provided with complete code as well. 

Looking forward to hearing from you!