• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

install required packages

I am installing oscommerce 4 on a Debian 11.5.0 system.  I have gotten many of the dependencies working, but there are 3 that are not.  First, I have installed Mariadb 10.5, and it appears to be running.  But, the preinstall screen says the mySQL database is NOT working.  Do I need to have created the database before doing the oscommerce install?  All suggestions welcome!

Also, it shows that the CD image module and the Intl internationalization PHP module are not available.  I don't even know what these are and where to get them from.

Thanks in advance for help.

Jon

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/4/2024 at 2:15 AM, jmelson said:

But, the preinstall screen says the mySQL database is NOT working.

Preinstall script can't connect mySQL. Probably you did not install mysqli PHP extension.

Do I need to have created the database before doing the oscommerce install?

Yes, you need to create a database before or during install. But it will be required in step 3.

Also, it shows that the CD image module and the Intl internationalization PHP module are not available.  I don't even know what these are and where to get them from.

They both are PHP extensions:

https://www.php.net/manual/en/book.image.php

https://www.php.net/manual/en/book.intl.php