• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Customers Able To Register WO required fields

On 6/8/2024 at 6:31 PM, Hotclutch said:

Customers are able to register without entering info into certain fields (suburb and/or state) despite them being marked as required.

Could not reproduce it.

image.png.dab30a740902a42bb0411e251a20009a.png

20 hours ago, Hotclutch said:

AFTER: (Added Company, but The Province field is out of alignment).

Could not reproduce in the 4.14. What your initial version of osCommerce?

image.png.546baf55dc389b46a036ebb3161babca.png

20 hours ago, Hotclutch said:

When you edit a customer profile in ACP, there is a pull down select menu for State or Zones, but there is not on the frontend when the customer registers. @pandrei can you have a look at these issues?

You must select Country field as required_registered or as visible_registered to show drop down list. If your customers are from only one country and you want to hide the Country field, you can do this through css in the theme designer.

4 hours ago, pandrei said:

I think I updated once or twice with this installation.

4 hours ago, pandrei said:

You must select Country field as required_registered or as visible_registered to show drop down list. If your customers are from only one country and you want to hide the Country field, you can do this through css in the theme designer.

It is the state pull down I want to have appear on the frontend. It appears in Admin but not on the register form.

5 minutes ago, Hotclutch said:

It is the state pull down I want to have appear on the frontend.

There is a setting in settings->Configuration->Billing Customer Details that might need to be changed.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

4 minutes ago, pandrei said:

It depends on our designers 🙂

Please reread my posts above. Maybe you did not catch the problem(s) I pointed out. They are things you can fix for the community in a future release.

On 6/11/2024 at 1:36 PM, pandrei said:
On 6/10/2024 at 5:12 PM, Hotclutch said:

AFTER: (Added Company, but The Province field is out of alignment).

As you may have read earlier, I do not see a problem in the current version of osCommerce.

You refer to one problem I pointed out. The misalignment of the Province input. I don't understand how that can be because I am also on the latest version and have imported the latest Printshop theme. The other thing that might be a possibility is that I renamed the default to the word "Province". In any case I have a workaround. Just enable the country field and leave it there. No need to hide it with CSS. That fixes the problem.