• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Move Test Shop to Root

@pandrei

I am testing a site move to another folder. Everything seems to work, except there is a persistent redirect after the Admin login to the old admin folder. I have cleared browser cache and emptied the session tables in the database. What else could be causing the redirect ?

Posted (edited)
On 6/1/2024 at 8:24 PM, Hotclutch said:

What is the recommended way or guidance to move a test shop in a test folder to root when going live ?

Let's assume your root folder is public_html, and the subfolder in which you installed the osCommerce is v4

Here the steps:

1. Clear all files and dirs in public_html except v4 folder.

2. Move all files and dirs from v4 to public_html folder and then delete v4 folder.

3. Edit admin/includes/local/configure.php file and change these lines (remove "v4/"):

define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/admin/');
define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/');

4. Login into the Admin panel by using new url: htts://your-site/admin

5. Go to the Sales channels menu, edit your sales channels and change Sales channel url

6. Go to the Settings->Cache control and flush all caches

Edited by pandrei

I have now moved the test shop to the root, but I notice that WHOS ONLINE records do not update. The last few entries are still from the v4 folder, and then nothing thereafter. @pandrei i have sent you a PM with the new admin folder location if you can take a look.

Hi,

I interested in the root thing. I saw the option when I was recently messing about with the themes. 

:

What is the advantage?

Should it be done? Do I have to do it? Please explain.

Currently from my root I have different folders for different sites on public html e.g. a WP site on one of the folders. 

Thank you,

Lorraine