• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Shipping Questions

I apologize if this is the wrong place for these questions.

1. is there a place in osCommerce 4 where I can define my available shipping cartons so that it knows by dimensions when a shipment would require multiple boxes? I had something like this in osCommerce 2.x and it made for pretty accurate shipping quotes from UPS. I was able to define for example a 12x12x12 box and then the system would use that as the base when adding products so it would determine how many of these cartons were needed.

2. similarly, I had a feature in osCommerce 2.x - probably a mod I am assuming - that added a checkbox labelled "Ready to Ship" to each item. If I checked this box, the system would know that the item didn't require packing, it was an item that could just have a shipping label applied and it would be ready to go out as-is. Is there some feature like this in osCommerce 4?

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 5/21/2024 at 7:18 PM, iamnotapenguin said:

1. is there a place in osCommerce 4 where I can define my available shipping cartons so that it knows by dimensions when a shipment would require multiple boxes? I had something like this in osCommerce 2.x and it made for pretty accurate shipping quotes from UPS. I was able to define for example a 12x12x12 box and then the system would use that as the base when adding products so it would determine how many of these cartons were needed.

I'm not sure if it suits you, but you can take a look on the PackUnits app that allows you to define dimensions for your product: https://www.oscommerce.com/wiki/Managing_Pack_Units

Edited by pandrei