Jump to content
  • Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

osCommerce 4.14 is Now Available!


Recommended Posts

We are thrilled to announce the release of osCommerce 4.14, packed with exciting new features and improvements!

What's New?

  • osCommerce 4.14 is now fully compatible with the latest version of PHP 8.3, ensuring seamless performance and enhanced security.

  • This update includes upgraded libraries and incorporates new security fixes to bolster your online store's protection.

  • Excitingly, osCommerce 4.14 is also fully compatible with upcoming artificial intelligence applications, enabling you to stay ahead in the ever-evolving e-commerce landscape.

  • Explore the latest features, changes, and fixes in our comprehensive osCommerce Wiki: Change Log.

How to Upgrade:

  1. Connect to the App Shop.

  2. Navigate to the System Update tab in the App Shop menu.

  3. Simply click the Update now button to initiate the update process.

Join the Community:

We extend our sincere gratitude to the osCommerce community for their invaluable feedback and support. Your contributions help us continuously improve osCommerce.

Known issues:

  • The installed Product property filter v1.0.4 application may cause an error. Update the Product property filter to a new version or replace the lib/frontend/design/Info.php file with the attached Info.php file

Info.php

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • pandrei pinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

I have changed the admin directory and upon performing the checks for an update it cannot find the files in the "admin" directory since it has been changed.

 

image.png.21d67a8b9e45facba5924dc064aca130.png

 

Is there a setting somewhere that I need to change to update where my admin folder is located?

The update was aborted and not applied as I wanted to address this issue first.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, blaine109 said:

Is there a setting somewhere that I need to change to update where my admin folder is located?

Good question. The quick solution:

Let's say your new admin directory is called myadmin

1. Log in to the backend using myadmin

2. COPY (not move) myadmin directory back to admin directory

3. While continuing to use myadmin, apply the system update

4. Delete your myadmin directory (make a backup before deleting)

5. Rename the admin directory to myadmin

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, blaine109 said:

I have copied the directory and getting ready to update but I am seeing 2 different checksum mismatches.

Is this an issue that I need to address or do I ignore?

Just click force update link. The new version contains the newest version of this files.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, blaine109 said:

I am also getting this warning message when going into a theme to edit.

If you edit a theme for sales channel with symlink, try to change url when go to the themes. For example when edit a demo theme watch for your-site.com/watch channel, change url from

your-site.com/admin/design/elements?theme_name=watch

to

your-site.com/watch/admin/design/elements?theme_name=watch

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

3 hours ago, pandrei said:

If you edit a theme for sales channel with symlink, try to change url when go to the themes. For example when edit a demo theme watch for your-site.com/watch channel, change url from

your-site.com/admin/design/elements?theme_name=watch

to

your-site.com/watch/admin/design/elements?theme_name=watch

 

When I do that it just reverts back to the original URL.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, blaine109 said:

@pandrei I need some help here, I can't edit any theme after update and the categories widget is no longer there either.

Could you send me the admin details in pm?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/23/2024 at 9:32 PM, blaine109 said:

PM sent

Thanks.

I think the problem happens because you changed some files to display slash in the end of the frontend url. Maybe you changed .htaccess file.

As a result when designer opens the frontend page it receives permanent redirect result that breaks his work.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, pandrei said:

Thanks.

I think the problem happens because you changed some files to display slash in the end of the frontend url. Maybe you changed .htaccess file.

As a result when designer opens the frontend page it receives permanent redirect result that breaks his work.

I never made any changes to display a slash at the end of the frontend URL.

I haven't made any changes to the htaccess file. Everything worked perfectly before the update. Once I applied the updated, I then have this issue.

Are there other configure.php files where I need to make changes for where I have moved the admin directory to by chance?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, blaine109 said:

Are there other configure.php files where I need to make changes for where I have moved the admin directory to by chance?

Open includes/configure.php file and check line 240. It must be changed to your new admin folder:

define('DIR_WS_HTTP_ADMIN_CATALOG', 'your_new_admin_folder/');

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/25/2024 at 9:26 AM, pandrei said:

Open includes/configure.php file and check line 240. It must be changed to your new admin folder:

define('DIR_WS_HTTP_ADMIN_CATALOG', 'your_new_admin_folder/');

 

That seemed to do the trick.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@pandrei

In the ongoing effort to remain current, I followed your upgrade instructions in the intial post for this topic. I even pulled the  "Info.php" file in preparation. I then went to needed place to do the update. Having done so I am presented with these "checksum mismatch" files.

File lib/common/modules/orderPayment/lib/PaypalPartnerTraitAPM.php checksum mismatch.Ignore

File lib/common/modules/orderPayment/paypal_partner.php checksum mismatch.Ignore

File lib/common/modules/orderShipping/zonetable.php not found.

File lib/console/migrations/m230721_163716_groups_sort_order.php checksum mismatch.Ignore

File lib/frontend/themes/basic/boxes/login/guest.tpl checksum mismatch.Ignore

File lib/frontend/themes/basic/boxes/login/register.tpl checksum mismatch.Ignore

After scrolling to the end I see this message...

update_from_60075_to_63493_version.zip installation aborted.
You can use force update exclude mark as ignore. In this case all local changes not marked as ignore will be lost.

Back


I have gone to great lengths to avoid changing ANY of the core files.  Do I need to simply check the ignore block and FORCE the update?

Need some guidance here.

BJ

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Chadduck said:
File lib/common/modules/orderPayment/lib/PaypalPartnerTraitAPM.php checksum mismatch.Ignore

File lib/common/modules/orderPayment/paypal_partner.php checksum mismatch.Ignore

File lib/common/modules/orderShipping/zonetable.php not found.

File lib/console/migrations/m230721_163716_groups_sort_order.php checksum mismatch.Ignore

Don't worry about the above lines. The update contains the latest files.

But I'm note sure about the following lines. It seems you have changed them. Most likely this is something related to the placement of fields when logging in and registering a customer.

5 hours ago, Chadduck said:
File lib/frontend/themes/basic/boxes/login/guest.tpl checksum mismatch.Ignore

File lib/frontend/themes/basic/boxes/login/register.tpl checksum mismatch.Ignore

You have two options:

a) If you check the "Ignore" checkbox, these files will remain as is. This will keep your changes, but may cause problems because you will lose the changes that came with the update.

b) If you simply click the "Force update" link, these files will be replaced with the standard files. In this case, the system will work, but you will lose your own changes.

I recommend that you choose the second option. After installing the update, you can make your changes to the standard files again.
Unfortunately, this is the price of any customization.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, pandrei said:

I recommend that you choose the second option. After installing the update, you can make your changes to the standard files again.
Unfortunately, this is the price of any customization.

@pandrei Thank you for your insight...

You are very correct about customization. Although I had gone to great lengths to avoid modifying "system code" I had forgotten that YES I had modified the two items (ACCOUNT creation page and Guest ACCOUNT creation page).  

After making copies of the modifications, will replace tthe originals and move ahead.

Thank you again.

BJ

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

@pandrei

After performing the file restoration there were only three (3) of the previously identified files that remained.  They were ones that you had said 

19 hours ago, pandrei said:

Don't worry about the above lines. The update contains the latest files.

The update went flawlessly.  So my issue is resolved. 

Thank you again.

BJ

Edited by Chadduck
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/1/2024 at 4:09 PM, Chadduck said:

After making copies of the modifications, will replace tthe originals and move ahead.

I'm afraid you misunderstood me. The difficulty is not to overwrite the updated files with the old custom ones after the update. This operation could be performed just by selecting the Ignore checkbox.

But this can lead to issues because you lose the updated code in these files.

That's what I meant:

1. Recall what customizations you made in these files. For example, you swapped two fields.

2. Update the files to the new version.

3. Reapply those same changes to the new version of these files by EDITING the UPDATED files.

This way, you retain your customizations and the updated sections of code introduced in the new version.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, pandrei said:

That's what I meant:

1. Recall what customizations you made in these files. For example, you swapped two fields.

2. Update the files to the new version.

3. Reapply those same changes to the new version of these files by EDITING the UPDATED files.

@pandrei

I understood what you meant and essentially did what you described.  However, because I NEVER make changes without first backing out the original files, the quick fix to arrive at an updated site, for me anyway, is to

1. Copy out the modified files, 
2. Restore the original files.
3. Perform the update.
4. Recreate the modifications to the newly installed files.

Thanks for the added explanation though.

BJ

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...