• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product Collections - Where Are They?

Okay,

So have put the Collections widget under Image map at the top of the product page set to Ajax. 

Have uninstalled and reinstalled app, flushed cache etc.

When I visit the Product of the collection and press refresh I get a brief whirl of gif, then nothing. It never appears!

I don't know what else to do?

Is there a particular place it should go?

Lorraine

This product is in all 3 collections I created.  But there is nothing showing...

Screen Shot 2024-07-10 at 3.17.41 PM.png

At least 90% of my programming problems lie somewhere between my keyboard and my chair.

Yes,

At least you get something showing. When I add it it still stays in blue writing and nothing is seen anywhere. 

I’m lost maybe it’s time to contact the OS team …

I can’t understand why it doesn’t show at all …

Lorraine 

Soooo, it looks like we are not going to get the Collections Addon to work.  Has anybody gotten the Bundles Addon to work for them? 

And what is the difference between the two?

I liked the Collection's ability to offer an increasing discount for increased products purchased to make a nice kit.

At least 90% of my programming problems lie somewhere between my keyboard and my chair.

I thought you had cracked it? 

I’ve no idea, it seems a lot of the marketing stuff is difficult.

Today after playing extensively with the Sales rules feature on Product I finally got it working how I need to, however it still doesn’t show on the Sales tab …

A lot of inconsistent features. One weird thing is that there is no delete, only via database …

Dooohhhh!

Yes what I was looking forward to is that I could add many items to one other item making it very easy to find …

Lorraine

Don’t want to scare you further but today I just found a whole new section: Order status!?!!

If you double click one a whole new world opens up, where you can set Comment Templates, Emails etc.! Never knew that was there!?!?!

I’m now not sure if I’ve got to set them all!?!?

Dooohhhhh!

Lorraine 

I simply created products and a customer account.  Then I surf the storefront, place an order and see what this thing's reaction is to each step....I change anything untenable and have a list of noncritical tweeks to make later.  There is soo much buried soo deeply that it has been a struggle.

Thru cPanel, I compressed the osc folder and copied that list given of all the compressed files within the folder.  And I went thru each tab and made a list of everything under it>  and everything under that.  I still don't know what much of it does, but, as I encounter something, the lists allow me to quickly locate the offending bits.

I am thinking now that there is a disconnect between what "we" think the Collections mod does and what it's authors intended it do.  And the lack of input from them here is worrisome.

But BELIEVE that if I ever figure Collections out, I will share!

Yes,

Most of the apps I’ve used seem to be straight forward if strange things happen I’ve contacted the team who usually upgrade. 

With RMA which I’ve been trying out recently, there is a link to a manufacturer warranty which goes no where … I’m sure I’ll have to flag this later. 

Yes it would be wonderful to have Product Collections functioning I’ve a few items that rely on being combined together. This would be ideal …

HELP!

Lorraine