• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product Collections - Where Are They?

Hello,

I set up a test product collection with two items.

PROBLEM:

Where is it?

I went to each product listing: NOTHING

I added both to shopping cart: NOTHING

I looked in menu: NOTHING

I looked in Theme: NOTHING

Where is it, how and where does it show?

Lorraine

• 2 months later...

I am having the same problem.  Sad there has been no response yet.....

At least 90% of my programming problems lie somewhere between my keyboard and my chair.

I have set up 3 collections.  2 use percentage discounts, 1 uses a listed discount price.   What else do I need to do to make them visible on the frontend? 

Will they also be visible under backend Products/Catalogue?

Screen Shot 2024-07-07.png

At least 90% of my programming problems lie somewhere between my keyboard and my chair.

I thought product groups was being referred to here, but now I see this must be the app called product collections. I don't use it. What I can suggest to do is check your category. Check by going to edit it and then if there is a tab that can be configured to turn the collection on.

zz.thumb.png.bd7da08231e749117c53f82d405a0fa1.png

Your picture is of something that I have not found yet.  Could you tell me how you got there please?

Thank you!

But no luck.  Sadly, the only options are Keywords and Manufacturers.  And the toggle switch is inactive which tells me I have something turned off somewhere for those two.

And messing around with them also shows me another missed buried setting:  the page url is defaulting to "weight_value=kg" when I believed the whole site had been changed to lb.

shop/admin/categories?weight_value=kg&listing_type=category&category_id=2&brand_id=0&row=0

But it's only when I am working in Categories.

Thank you,

That's good and well, but like DKARR I have set up a test Product Collection with a price and a picture as per DKARR and can't find it? 

Where should it show?

Is there a widget to make it appear?

Can't see any Product Collection?!?!?

Mine is a wholesale one does that make a difference, I am logged on.

PC2024-07-09 134038.png

Thank you Ivan.  Those instructions for installing the mod and creating the products worked perfectly! 

We just need to know When they will appear on our frontend. 

Is there something we need to turn on to make them visible? 

Will they also appear in our Backend Products/Catalogue area?

Yes I’m desperate to know this also.

I’ve looked on front page, at each product, in menu area, all the featured products tab, in the widgets etc. but no where does the collection display or become visible? 

Please tell us where the Products Collections actually show/display on the website and can we configure etc. 

It’s still an OSC4 mystery …

1 hour ago, Ivan Holbi said:

Please see the link below.

Thanks, Ivan. But that page only explains how to create the collection. It doesn't say anything about where it shows on the shop side.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

7 hours ago, herbsandhelpers said:

What are the random floaty buttons for?

I checked a coupon of V4 shops I work on but neither have those buttons. I don't think it is related to collections since one of the sites I checked has collections enabled. Maybe it is some extension that is not properly installed. You will probably need to ask one of the Osc team to take a look. Before you do that, I suggest going into the Error Log Viewer in Tools and remove all of the logs. Then go to that edit page and back again to the log viewer. If it is due to some code failure, there might be a log present that will point to the problem.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

@herbsandhelpers @DKarrI found a Collections widget that is available when editing the product page so I think that is needed to be added in order to view the collections.

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

36 minutes ago, herbsandhelpers said:

So into Theme, go to which Product page? 

There's only one product page that I am aware of.

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

There are two Product pages in theme. One in Catalog another under Product Listing. When I go into both there is NO widget called collections anywhere. Can someone post a screenshot please?

There is something called bundles but nothing to configure in it.

Please be specific about the widget, name and location please.

Many thanks, be great to get this resolved ...

Lorraine

Hmmmm!

It seems you can only add the Collections widget to the Catalog Product Page. However when I do this it still doesn't show?

Not there with both products in the collection, not there generally.

DKARR can you help? How did you get the Collection widget to show the collections? There's nothing to configure.

Thanks,

Lorraine

32 minutes ago, herbsandhelpers said:

There are two Product pages in theme. One in Catalog another under Product Listing.

The one in Catalog is the actual product page. The one under Product Listing is for the product on the listing page.

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons