• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Modify splitPageResults Class to limit no. of records

Tejas H.

Hello,

I would like to know that if it's possible to limit the no. of records using splitPageResults class.

For example, On my store, I have 100 special products.
But i want to show only 50 special products from it.

When I use splitPageResults class, it's showing all 100 products.

How can i limit that to 50 products?

I truly appreciate any help.

Thanks
Tejas

Hi @YePix

That isn't working and break the sql query.

After adding the limit to the query, it will be like below after using splitPageResults:

select p.products_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_image from products p, products_description pd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_ordered > 0 and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' order by p.products_ordered desc limit 20 limit 0, 15

Notice there are two limits in the query.

One from the main query and one that is generated from splitPageResults class.

select p.products_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_image from products p, products_description pd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_ordered > 0 and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' order by p.products_ordered limit 20

You are not getting my point.

I am using splitPageResults class for pagination and wants to limit the total records.

Here is the code that i am using:

$bestsellers_query_raw = "select p.products_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_image from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_ordered > 0 and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int) $languages_id . "' order by p.products_ordered desc";

$bestsellers_split = new splitPageResults($bestsellers_query_raw, MAX_DISPLAY_SPECIAL_PRODUCTS);

How can i limit the no. of total records and with pagination?