• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

I have a problem with PHPSESSION in the bar. I have 2.3.4.1 CE and ultimate SEO. After the second click on the page, the addresses are correct, but search engines see dozens of addresses with PHPsession endings (e.g.? https://www.store.com/PHPSESSID=hsaskqut0v0kf2cu51puh6llac. In addition to valid SEO addresses, SreamingFrog also sees hundreds of PHSESSION addresses. What can I improve to ensure that only correct addresses are visible to robots/search engines?

Search engines spot and ignore session ids automatically. If there are some url parameters getting included that aren't relevant and creating duplicate content then you can configure them but the best approach is to make sure that you've got a canonical tag set.

There are various addons that do this from a simple header tags module to a full addon such as Header Tags SEO

If not setting canonicals, you can tell screaming frog to ignore parameters too in Configuration > URL Rewriting [Remove Parameters]

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Looking for a payment or shipping module? Maybe I've already done it.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

22 hours ago, driven22 said:

What can I improve to ensure that only correct addresses are visible to robots/search engines?

Be sure the Prevent Spider Sessions setting in Configuration->Sessions is set to true.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I have one more problem with website addresses. Google shows me over 750 unindexed pages containing the canonical tag. How to block the creation of this type of addresses?
I see that many addresses look like this (example):
www.site.com/best_product-p-39.html (as it should be)

but there are also:

www.site.com/bestproduct-p-39.html

and

www.site.com/best_product-p-39.html?page=2

and

www.site.com/best_product-p-39.html?products_id=39 etc.

I have SEO URLS installed. My hta file:

Options -Indexes
Options +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
 # Begin Ultimate SEO V2.2d
#Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngineOn

RewriteBase/

RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-(.*).html$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-(.*).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pi-(.*).html$ popup_image.php?pID=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-by-(.*).html$ all-products.php?fl=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-(.*).html$ articles.php?tPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-a-(.*).html$ article_info.php?articles_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-au-(.*).html$ articles.php?authors_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pr-(.*).html$ product_reviews.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pri-(.*)$ /$1-pr-$2 [R=301,L]
RewriteRule ^(.*)-f-(.*).html$ faqdesk_info.php?faqdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-fc-(.*).html$ faqdesk_index.php?faqPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-fri-(.*).html$ faqdesk_reviews_info.php?faqdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-fra-(.*).html$ faqdesk_reviews_article.php?faqdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-i-(.*).html$ information.php?info_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-links-(.*).html$ links.php?lPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pm-([0-9]+).html$ info_pages.php?pages_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-n-(.*).html$ newsdesk_info.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-nc-(.*).html$ newsdesk_index.php?newsPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-nri-(.*).html$ newsdesk_reviews_info.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-nra-(.*).html$ newsdesk_reviews_article.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-po-([0-9]+).html$ pollbooth.php?pollid=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

Can you tell me how to fix the error?
I have had this store for many years, constantly updated to newer versions of php.

Ok i found one mor error in my seo url when i set Enable SEO cache to save queries? to TRUE
[24-Jan-2024 10:31:12 Europe/Warsaw] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught mysqli_sql_exception: Table 'kuzxxxx_xxxxxxa.information' doesn't exist in /home/kuxxxx/ftp/xxxxxx/includes/classes/seo.class.php:108
Stack trace:
#0 /home/kuxxxx/ftp/xxxxxx/includes/classes/seo.class.php(108): mysqli_query(Object(mysqli), 'SELECT informat...')
#1 /home/kuxxxx/ftp/xxxxxx/includes/classes/seo.class.php(2262): SEO_DataBase->Query('SELECT informat...')
#2 home/kuxxxx/ftp/xxxxxx/includes/classes/seo.class.php(678): SEO_URL->generate_information_cache()
#3 /home/kuxxxx/ftp/xxxxxx//includes/application_top.php(294): SEO_URL->__construct('2')
#4 home/kuxxxx/ftp/xxxxxx//index.php(13): require('/home/kuxxxx...')
#5 {main}
  thrown in home/kuxxxx/ftp/xxxxxx/includes/classes/seo.class.php on line 108
[24-Jan-2024 10:31:29 Europe/Warsaw] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught mysqli_sql_exception: Table ''kuzxxxx_xxxxxxa.information' doesn't exist in /home/kuxxxx/ftp/xxxxxx/includes/classes/seo.class.php:108

10 hours ago, driven22 said:

Google shows me over 750 unindexed pages containing the canonical tag. How to block the creation of this type of addresses?

It's not clear to me what the problem is.  For example, if you visit this page - www.site.com/best_product-p-39.html?page=2 - are you saing the canonical is that url or www.site.com/best_product-p-39.html The latter is correct.

9 hours ago, driven22 said:

Ok i found one mor error in my seo url when i set Enable SEO cache to save queries? to TRUE

Do you have the Information Pages addon installed, or some other addon that creates the information table? If not, be sure to set the settings for it, and any others you don't use, to false,

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

The correct canonical page is www.site.com/best_product-p-39.html, but the store creates unnecessary "pages" www.site.com/bestproduct-p-39.html and, for example, www.site.com/best_product-p-39. html?page=2 .and a few with the ending ?PHPSESSIONxxxx These are exactly the same pages and I don't know why they are created additionally (these additional pages are visible through Google and SEO programs). Google only indexes valid ones, so it's OK. I was wondering if there  a bug in the store or is it  normal ?

25 minutes ago, driven22 said:

These are exactly the same pages and I don't know why they are created additionally (these additional pages are visible through Google and SEO programs).

They may be historic if you have changed the settings on your SEO URL addon.

A new SEO crawler's internal links report will tell you the pages where these additional links currently arise.

If there are current ones, depending on the tool you may need to view source to see where in the page they come, and then you're going to need to check how that link is being generated.

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Looking for a payment or shipping module? Maybe I've already done it.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

1 hour ago, driven22 said:

creates unnecessary "pages" www.site.com/bestproduct-p-39.html and, for example, www.site.com/best_product-p-39. html?page=2

The url with page=2 is not unnecessary. You want all of the variations indexed. Google will use the canonical to list the main page when a search is done. However, the bestproduct and best-product in the urls is not correct. My guess is that the configure file is not setup correctly but it could be something else. In the least, you should have redirect code in the root .htaccess file tomake sure only one of those is used.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I would like one URL to be created e.g. www.site.com/best_product-p-39. html. The rest is unnecessary, I don't know why they are created with ...?page=2 or the "-" character is removed between the words of the url address. In htaccess I have a typical/unchanged entry:

RewriteBase/

RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

In categories beyond the good address https://www.site.com/products-c-23.html
 is also created
https://www.site.com/products-c-23.html?page=1&sort=5a and various combinations thereof. Canonical works correctly, but why are these dozens of unnecessary addresses generated, visible to Google and other robots?

In hta:
RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-(.*).html$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

Edited by driven22

2 hours ago, driven22 said:

I would like one URL to be created e.g. www.site.com/best_product-p-39. html. The rest is unnecessary,

That would hurt your SEO and I don't recommend trying to prevent it.

2 hours ago, driven22 said:

I don't know why they are created with ...?page=2

They are created because you have more products in the category that will fit on one page. That is controlled by the search result setting in admin. You can increase that number and the additional page won't be created. However, if you raise it too high and have a large number of products, the page will take a long time to load and customers will abandon the page, which will hurt sales. And it might also prevent the search engines from listing the pages if they see it as not loadable.

For the redirect, you are looking at the Ultimate SEO rewrites and they won't cause the extra dash. That comes from your configure file or a redirect for the domain if it is present in the .htaccess file. I suppose it could also be that you own both versions of the domain and have not pointed them correctly in your servers control panel.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons