• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Shipping estimator not working correctly

jimdanforth

I know we visited this before and I basically gave up trying to fix since there was a work around by just disabling it.  But I believe its costing me sales.

IF the zip code they input does not match my cart's zip code, it will either fail and send me an error message of invalid zip for for state xxx nd not give the customer any clue why, or if they have proceeded to checkout and input a state and zip it will actually change anything they input back to the original input.  

My shipping rates can be $200 - $400 so it is quite critical hey get an accurate and quick quote.  The page just refreshing without an error message I believe is causing them to leave.

A simple solution would be to add STATE to the imput on the estimator page.  Is this possible> It was present on the zen cart I used before.

On 1/17/2024 at 4:02 AM, jimdanforth said:

I know we visited this before and I basically gave up trying to fix since there was a work around by just disabling it.  But I believe its costing me sales.

IF the zip code they input does not match my cart's zip code, it will either fail and send me an error message of invalid zip for for state xxx nd not give the customer any clue why, or if they have proceeded to checkout and input a state and zip it will actually change anything they input back to the original input.  

My shipping rates can be $200 - $400 so it is quite critical hey get an accurate and quick quote.  The page just refreshing without an error message I believe is causing them to leave.

A simple solution would be to add STATE to the imput on the estimator page.  Is this possible> It was present on the zen cart I used before.

Hi Jim,

We checked it from our end and as far as we can see everything works as it should. If you fill in the wrong zip code you will see the following error on the checkout page, for example:

111285 The postal code 96171 is invalid for MA United States.

So a customer will be alerted accordingly. Please see the screenshot below.

image.thumb.png.266d656490a193da73d4bf06ad62b4d5.png

If you face something different from your end please provide us with the samples/screenshots. 

Best regards,

Ivan

Yes, the checkout page will return an error, but the estimator will not.

image.thumb.png.f1f9dc1c993d7f5045abf68c61d3d268.png

image.png.067abacd9fdf7c1e242960f031deceff.png

I never used a CA state.

The estimator just refreshes and shows no change.  That's where my customers think the site if failing and I think are leaving.  I added a message to tell them to go to the checkout, but the estimator should work.  If they could select a state or at least get an error message (it logs one anyway) they would know something happened.