• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

INSTALLED or in the LIBRARY?

Chadduck

The topic from which, and to which, this is refering appeared in the "News and Announcements".  I would have replied to it there rather than here but it shows "This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies."

SO my question is this - DO THE APPs NEED TO BE INSTALLED or JUST IN THE INDIVIDUAL'S LIBRARY?

This is the post location - 

ALSO, will the individual later be charged for the App once acquired? I ask this because I just noticed that several I have installed now have a price associated with them.

I realize that there is time involved with App creation but one of the reasons that many use OsCommerce is that it is open source and by it's very nature free to use.

BJ

On 12/6/2023 at 6:49 PM, Chadduck said:

SO my question is this - DO THE APPs NEED TO BE INSTALLED or JUST IN THE INDIVIDUAL'S LIBRARY?

The app must be installed.

ALSO, will the individual later be charged for the App once acquired? I ask this because I just noticed that several I have installed now have a price associated with them.

No, there is no charge. When you purchase an app for your store, you pay once. If you got the app while it was free, you don't have to pay.

I realize that there is time involved with App creation but one of the reasons that many use OsCommerce is that it is open source and by it's very nature free to use.

OsCommerce was and remains open source and free to use.

@pandrei 

I am CONFUSED.

In view of the cited topic and an effort to examine a module within the App Shop the modules that indicate a cost DO NOT allow for them to be added to the Library.  It only allows for the item to be placed in the cart and then paid for. Is there a secret to doing this?

BJ

LibraryvsPurchase.PNG

17 hours ago, Chadduck said:

In view of the cited topic and an effort to examine a module within the App Shop the modules that indicate a cost DO NOT allow for them to be added to the Library.  It only allows for the item to be placed in the cart and then paid for. Is there a secret to doing this?

After purchasing, the module will appear in My Library, from where you can install it.

6 hours ago, Chadduck said:

@pandrei

I just realized that the original topic says "until the 1st of January 2023." not 2024.  OOPS. 

BJ 

It's till free until 1/1/24, but I am not sure if its free ,, as its shown prices !!

"
Jun 21VladMal changed the title to osCommerce Apps - free until 1/1/24"

Edited by joe122joe

23 minutes ago, joe122joe said:

It's till free until 1/1/24, but I am not sure if its free ,, as its shown prices !!

That's what the TOPIC SUBJECT  says but the write up says 2023....  And if they are FREE - is there a promo code, voucher phrase, or something to trigger the FREE?

Edited by Chadduck

@osCommerce-Official  Can you provide some clarification on HOW to acquire the module(s) that show acquisition information like the one above? IF they are FREE  to acquire until 1/1/2024 - is there a promo code, voucher phrase, or something to trigger the FREE?

Edited by Chadduck

On 12/12/2023 at 11:09 PM, Chadduck said:

@osCommerce-Official  Can you provide some clarification on HOW to acquire the module(s) that show acquisition information like the one above? IF they are FREE  to acquire until 1/1/2024 - is there a promo code, voucher phrase, or something to trigger the FREE?

any input on this @osCommerce-Official @pandrei

@joe122joe , @Chadduck the App Shop was running in the "free" mode until 1/1/2023 

It was decided to prolong the "free" mode for a few more months after that, to allow users to get accustomed with the apps, and core osCommerce. 

The App Shop is running in the normal mode at the moment, with free and paid apps available through the back end of your osCommerce. 

Very few Apps (like this Amazon Link App, for example https://www.oscommerce.com/app/amazon-link-module ) still need to be reviewed before they become available to the users, our team is working on it. 

6 hours ago, osCommerce-Official said:

@joe122joe , @Chadduck the App Shop was running in the "free" mode until 1/1/2023 

It was decided to prolong the "free" mode for a few more months after that, to allow users to get accustomed with the apps, and core osCommerce. 

The App Shop is running in the normal mode at the moment, with free and paid apps available through the back end of your osCommerce. 

Very few Apps (like this Amazon Link App, for example https://www.oscommerce.com/app/amazon-link-module ) still need to be reviewed before they become available to the users, our team is working on it. 

its hard to know how the apps looks, work ,  before you buy it , as there is not demo or images for the apps 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In consideration of the mentioned topic and an attempt to explore a module within the App Shop, it's noted that modules with a specified cost cannot be directly added to the Library. The process involves placing the item in the cart and proceeding with the payment. Following the purchase, the module will be accessible in My Library for installation.