• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Errors in PayPal V2 for v2.3.4.1 CE

SCH_001

I know there is already a topic on this, but it does not really cover this issue

The new owners have been nice enough to create a V2 for 2.2 and 2.3, but the code seems to be for an even older shop that still uses filename.php

I have tried the best I can be adding the define to application top.php but the code simply still does not work

It will not automatically pull down the info it returns with “something went wrong”

And when the app is show in modules payment you click edit and nothing happens :(

I need to get this code or some other code working as I have moved the site to a new address with a new PayPal account. And they do not have anywhere to setup the old API calls

All offers of help apprecaited

2 hours ago, SCH_001 said:

code seems to be for an even older shop that still uses filename.php

The filenames file was used well past version 2.3 so if your shop doesn't have that file, you either don't have a 2.3 shop or it has been edited to remove it. Either way, I doubt that the new module will work in your shop without edits.

2 hours ago, SCH_001 said:

And they do not have anywhere to setup the old API calls

You can install the Paypal App addon. It doesn't use the new REST API but will work with the old method.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

11 hours ago, Jack_mcs said:

The filenames file was used well past version 2.3 so if your shop doesn't have that file, you either don't have a 2.3 shop or it has been edited to remove it. Either way, I doubt that the new module will work in your shop without edits.

You can install the Paypal App addon. It doesn't use the new REST API but will work with the old method.

Can't comment on the filenames.php, but so far I have manged to get some sections working by hard coding FILENAME_MODULES to 'modules.php' and DIR_WS_INCLUDES to 'includes/'

The new module should have worked, it's meant for 2.2 and 2.3

Can't use the current PayPal app as new PayPal accounts are only the rest API :(

Hello,

Either you convert the FILENAME_XXXX calls to the correct file name xxx.php in the PaypalV2 addon,

Either you recover the filename file in this old compatibility addon: https://old.oscommerce.com/RNywS&add-on-compatibility-for-2-3-4-edge&v=23

From memory, the Osc2.3 CE code is a little different from the official Osc2.3, it will probably be necessary to modify the code accordingly. Do you install automatically or manually?

with OsC 2.2 since 2006 ...

1 minute ago, bonbec said:

Hello,

Either you convert the FILENAME_XXXX calls to the correct file name xxx.php in the PaypalV2 addon,

Either you recover the filename file in this old compatibility addon: https://old.oscommerce.com/RNywS&add-on-compatibility-for-2-3-4-edge&v=23

From memory, the Osc2.3 CE code is a little different from the official Osc2.3, it will probably be necessary to modify the code accordingly. Do you install automatically or manually?

Yes, ended up putting heap of stuff in configure.php in admin and store, was able to do a test sale using authorize option but going to admin orders there was no way of capturing it or voiding it
Also still got error of trying to use PayPal check out of I was not logged in, I think the package needs to be re-visited

Automatically at first then also did the manual method, was not aware of the compatibility addon as never had a new app written for 2.3 which did not work with CE before

13 hours ago, waverunner said:

Can't use the current PayPal app as new PayPal accounts are only the rest API

The non-REST method is still an option in my Paypal account. Maybe they are not showing in new accounts but that seems unlikely. You might want to call them to see if they can provide the API credentials.

6 hours ago, SCH_001 said:

never had a new app written for 2.3 which did not work with CE before

Those are two different versions. The addon announcement clearly says it is for 2.3. Any code can be converted to work with any version but it is not a simple change so just adding the defines is not enough.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

10 hours ago, Jack_mcs said:

The non-REST method is still an option in my Paypal account. Maybe they are not showing in new accounts but that seems unlikely. You might want to call them to see if they can provide the API credentials.

Those are two different versions. The addon announcement clearly says it is for 2.3. Any code can be converted to work with any version but it is not a simple change so just adding the defines is not enough.

Non-REST is not an option for new PayPal accounts, still have it there in my old account, but I will ring them and see if it can be enabled in my back end on my new account

On 11/4/2023 at 1:33 AM, Jack_mcs said:

We have now found the non-REST method in the new PayPal account, so short term problem solved