• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Another Paypal Module Error. Declined payments still give reciept and customer doesnt know its declined

1 hour ago, jimdanforth said:

@Ivan Holbi

-update
If I set it to "fields" on the paypal module Show PayPal button on Checkout, it fails.

If I set it to "vertical" it will work correctly.  But this is definately not my preference.

Hi Jim,

We would recommend to switch from Authorize to Sale for the Transaction Method. Then please retest. If you still face any issue please provide us with more detailed description of this issue.

Best regards,

Ivan

@Ivan HolbiI can test, but cannot run that way as some of our items are special order, and we cannot legally capture the sale until ready to ship.  It also can cause errors for out os stock, since refunds do not return any fees, we lose that money.

Edited by jimdanforth

16 hours ago, jimdanforth said:

@Ivan HolbiI can test, but cannot run that way as some of our items are special order, and we cannot legally capture the sale until ready to ship.  It also can cause errors for out os stock, since refunds do not return any fees, we lose that money.

Hi Jim,

Understood.

Then could you please provide us with more detailed description of this issue "If I set it to "fields" on the paypal module Show PayPal button on Checkout, it fails." for us to check it further? What exactly fails? What error message you face if any?

Best regards,

Ivan 

If the paypal module is set this way:

image.png.b6afebf5fc05c020272def3e0c29a5fe.png

It works.  At checkout a paypal popup will allow customer to enter card information.

Howeever when set this way:

image.png.3a2734c0fce34162af4689d984373f63.png

it will act normal after checkout:

image.png.18041da77a3f67e66208bcea12a19682.png

But the transaction would show as "denied", not declined. Both in paypal and backend.
HOWEVER!  I just did a test on another order, and it worked correctly, so maybe it was an error on paypals side.  I didnt want to keep running my cards in concern the bank may see it as fraud and lock them as before.

So for now...... It is working. UPS is the last hold up for me.

14 hours ago, jimdanforth said:

OK.  More data.  It appears if their cardis declined, it will not let the customer know.  THey get a "paid" invoice, but no email.

Hi Jim,

Regarding the declined status please check it further with the PayPal support team since we guess it is connected with your PayPal account settings.

Regarding the customer's notification we fixed this issue so hopefully it will be applied in the next osCommerce version.

Best regards,

Ivan