• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Customer sort choice?

Ken Shea

I do not have so many products that any sorting is of value.

I've tried to delete that option to answer my question with no success but know it can be done.

My questionis, once sort option choice is removed from product listing will product then show as positioned in the data base?

Hoping that is the default.

Edited by Ken Shea

Hi Ken,

You could set the default sort order for product listings in the ADMIN, then remove or hide the "Sort Order" widget from your page.

To set the default sort order,

ADMIN-> Settings _> Configuration -> Product Listing

Search down the available option for "Product listing default sort order", click it, then click edit on the right hand side.  Select one and then click update.

You can then hide the sort widgets by adding this to your main CSS

.sorting {
  display:none;
}

Save!   and then refresh the page in your browser.

The above CSS will affect ALL of the sorting widgets, so check you are happy with the results. to undo, just delete the lines from the CSS file (Note - it sorts the elements, so you may need to scroll down to find it again!) 
You can always go into all of the individual pages and remove it if you prefer :)