• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to change splash page

Jack_mcs

I'm trying to add another theme to the splash template. In the existing template there is a block with three sections and image in each.  I added another block below it but don't see how to add the image widget since it doesn't show up in the widget list. Anyone know how to do this? 

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

19 hours ago, Jack_mcs said:

I'm trying to add another theme to the splash template. In the existing template there is a block with three sections and image in each.  I added another block below it but don't see how to add the image widget since it doesn't show up in the widget list. Anyone know how to do this? 

Slash theme is an almost empty theme that contains only the homepage. I recommend you start with any of the other 4 themes

2 hours ago, pandrei said:

Do you mean assign a new theme to the Splash sales channel

No. I want to add a new image to the splash page. The attached image may make it clearer. I added a copy of the printshop them to the splash page. It is just an edited screenshot. How would I add that for real?

a4.jpg

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

1 hour ago, Jack_mcs said:

No. I want to add a new image to the splash page. The attached image may make it clearer. I added a copy of the printshop them to the splash page. It is just an edited screenshot. How would I add that for real?

Try to use Banner widget instead of Image.

19 hours ago, pandrei said:

Try to use Banner widget instead of Image.

Thanks, Andrei. That worked. I ran into two issues while doing it that I'm just letting you know about.

When I created the banner I forgot to check the box to open in a new tab. So once it was added to the theme, I clicked to edit the banner from there and checked that box. When I tried to save it a popup appeared saying there was a db error. I went back into banner manager and was able to edit it from there.

When saving the banner settings from within the theme, this message was displayed

{"text":"Success: The banner has been inserted.","html":"\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n \n \n \n\n\n 

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

59 minutes ago, Jack_mcs said:

When I tried to save it a popup appeared saying there was a db error.

Could you send me the logs from here Admin->Settings->Tools->Error log viewer->Download all?