• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] individual product shipping prices

I have the contrib installed and all bugs and errors worked out except on checkout. The customer gets to payment information and after continue is clicked they are returned to the select Delivery Information page. Im stumped anyone have this problem? Im using a fresh install with PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN_v3.1.5 added on.

I have read through all 14 pages of this thread but still have a basic question I didn't see answered.

I am shipping a very bulky product where shipping is the major cost component. I need per item shipping, which the contribution can obviously do, but each product can have multiple shipping prices depending on where it's going (the shipping for product x to USA is different from Canada - there are lots of per region shipping mods but i need per region per individual product). Will the contribution allow more than one shipping rate per product?

Thank you for your help!

• 2 weeks later...

How come it doesn't show the shipping costs at checkout_confirmation.php?

I mean, yea it does add the shipping costs to the total, but it doesn't show up as a seperate total;

Subtotal: ?88.00

Cod: ?3.50

Tax 19%: ?17.39

Total: ?208.89

yes i took ?100 as an example, now it does add to the total, but i'd like to have something like;

Subtotal: ?88.00

Cod: ?3.50

Tax 19%: ?17.39

Shipping Costs: ?100.00

Total: ?208.89

im using oscmax and I have this individual shipping mod installed however it only works when the item has an attribute, if the item does not it skips the whole shipping step and checks out without charging shipping... does anyone know why it may be doing this?

Thanks!

Bryan

www.genuine-performance.com/catalog

Edited by Genuine Performance

• 3 weeks later...

I've read this thread and Im confused. First if I don't complete the shipping price field when adding an item when a customer checks out they can not get any further than checkout_shipping php. is there a fix for this. I am not using any other shipping mod.

If I add a second shipping price when adding an item but in doing a test adding one item then adding the second item it still adds both first shipping inputs. What am I doing wrong or is there a fix?

thanks

Beth

Can anyone help. If I don't add any shipping price when adding an item I can't get past checkout_shipping.php page when checking out. below is the code.

thanks

// ADDITIONAL CODE FOR INDIVSHIP

$products_shipping_query = tep_db_query("select products_ship_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_SHIPPING . " where products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "'");

$products_shipping = tep_db_fetch_array($products_shipping_query);

$products_shipping_price = $products_shipping['products_ship_price'];

if ( $products_shipping_price == 0 ) {

$products_shipping_price = 12.00;

// $products_shipping_price = number_format(12,2);

// $products_ship = TEXT_SHIP_NO_PRICE . TEXT_SHIP_NONUS;

}else{

// $products_ship = TEXT_SHIP_PRICE . $products_shipping_price . TEXT_SHIP_NONUS;

}

// echo $products_ship;

$products_shipping_price = number_format($products_shipping_price,2);

echo TEXT_SHIP_INUS . $products_shipping_price . TEXT_SHIP_OUTUS;

// END ADDITIONAL CODE FOR INDIVSHIP

//echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id', $product_info['products_id']) . tep_image_submit('button_in_cart.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_IN_CART);

}

?>

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm using this contribution and it works great but i have some questions

How do I make it unvisible when the customer's shipping address is outside of USA?

what does the "products_ship_zip" do in this contribution?

Thank you.

anyone? please help me...

2. Somewhere in the readme or on the board I read it was for future improvments matching it with another contrib created by the author, in short nothing.

Most Valuable OsCommerce Contributions:

Also Purchased (AP) Preselection (cuts this resource hogging query down to nothing) -- Contribution 3294

FedEx Automated Labels -- Contribution 2244

RMA Returns system -- Contribution 1136

Sort Products By Dropdown -- Contribution 4312

Ultimate SEO URLs -- Contribution 2823

Credit Class & Gift Voucher -- Contribution 282

Cross-Sell -- Contribution 5347

NOW AVAILABLE:

Individual Ship v4.2

ADDITIONS:

- You can now set in admin a default country and an amount to charge extra if shipping outside the default country.

- Code to display how much the extra freight will be to your customers in your product_info.php

CHANGES:

- Removed shipping.php from application_top.php, and it now works in conjunction with other ship methods. Previously if you tried to use other ship methods with this contribution it make them unusable. All credit goes to Frank M. for this change to the code.

Enjoy! :thumbsup:

Also Purchased (AP) Preselection (cuts this resource hogging query down to nothing) -- Contribution 3294

Hi,

I have just installed this contribution in my store. When I add an item to the shopping cart and then add another of the same item to the shopping cart the shipping only increases by the additional shipping price which is great.

However, if I add a different item to the shopping cart, the full shipping rate for the new item is added to the shipping cost. Is it possible for it just to add the additional shipping cost for the second item if it is a different item to the first in the shopping cart?

Your help would be much appreciated

Hello,

I was really looking for a contribution like this!

BUT, this is way to complicated for me to add to my current osCommerce.

I am using a osCommerce with a bought template over it.

I tried to install this contribution but its to complicated for me to add.

Is there anybody out there who is willing to help me to get this contribution to work on my website?? It would be very much appreciated, if possible I can do something in return! Please let me know.

please please please :)

My website: Kriskrasdesign

Many thanks,

Jeroen

Hi,

I have just installed this contribution in my store. When I add an item to the shopping cart and then add another of the same item to the shopping cart the shipping only increases by the additional shipping price which is great.

However, if I add a different item to the shopping cart, the full shipping rate for the new item is added to the shipping cost. Is it possible for it just to add the additional shipping cost for the second item if it is a different item to the first in the shopping cart?

Your help would be much appreciated

I don't quite understand what you're trying to do, can you explain further? Which version are you using?

Anyone have any clue why it asks for zip code on the product_info.php?

Doesn't seem to matter what I put there.

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

I don't quite understand what you're trying to do, can you explain further? Which version are you using?

What I mean is you add a product to the shoping cart and it charges the full shipping rate because it is the first item which is correct. When I add another product to the shopping cart as well, so now there are 2 different products in the shopping cart, they both get charged at their full shipping rate.

Is it possible for the seconf product that was added to the shopping cart on be charged at its lower additional shipping price and not its full price?

I think I have version 3.2 installed. Do I need a newer version to make this work?

What I mean is you add a product to the shoping cart and it charges the full shipping rate because it is the first item which is correct. When I add another product to the shopping cart as well, so now there are 2 different products in the shopping cart, they both get charged at their full shipping rate.

Is it possible for the seconf product that was added to the shopping cart on be charged at its lower additional shipping price and not its full price?

I think I have version 3.2 installed. Do I need a newer version to make this work?

I have no idea about version 3.2, that is pretty dated. I suggest you upgrade and see if that works.

Individual Ship v4.2a

CHANGES

- Minor bug fix in order.php now it will display the shipping method + the amount of additional shipping in the order confirmation screen.

TO UPGRADE:

classes/order.php

FIND:

'shipping_method' => $shipping['title'],

CHANGE TO:

'shipping_method' => $shipping_title, //individual ship

Will the new version deffinitely do what I want?

If I understand what you are asking correctly yes this should work for you. You can define a 1st item price and a 2+ item price for each item individually.

If I understand what you are asking correctly yes this should work for you. You can define a 1st item price and a 2+ item price for each item individually.

I just installed the newest version (4.2a) and I still have the same problem. I will give a more clearer example of what I want it to do.

Product 1: First = $30, Additional = $15

Product 2: First = $60, Additional = $45

Is it possible for it to do the following if the customer buys both Product 1 and Product 2:

Shipping = $30 + $45 = $75 or

Shipping = $60 + $15 = $75

What happens at the moment is that it uses the shipping cost for the first item of both products eg.

Shipping = $30 + $60 = $90

Is it possible to setup the contribution to do as I described above?

Hey, guys! Is there any here who knows a lot about this contrib?

I installed this contrib and it's great, but I need to have 4 levels of shipping prices based on the quantity of 3 different items purchased.

Please!

Lavern Gingerich