• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] individual product shipping prices

Hi,

I'm trying to install Individual Product Shipping Prices, I installed the very 1st one of course but after that can someone tell me what other update do I need to install without having to install all the updates. I'm intrested in only the Individual Product Shipping Prices.

Thank you,

Francine

Edited by FrancineNJ

I'm getting this error on my shipping.php with this contribution:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected $ in /hsphere/local/home/francine/mysite.com/includes/classes/shipping.php on line 196

Line 195 is this: ?>

Line 196 is a blank line.

This is line 180 - 196

$cheapest = false;
	for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($rates); $i<$n; $i++) {
	  if (is_array($cheapest)) {
		if ($rates[$i]['cost'] < $cheapest['cost']) {
		  $cheapest = $rates[$i];
		}
	  } else {
		$cheapest = $rates[$i];
	  }
	}

return $cheapest;
  }
}
 }
?>

Can anyone help? Thanks :)

Hi,

i install this contrib and i have one problem...

if i have some articles without indiv.shipping price is the shipping price 5 euro,

if i have one article with indiv.shipping price (10 euro) and some articles without indiv.shipping price (5 euro) is the shipping price 10 euro

it must show 15 euro for all articles but the price from the article without indiv.shipping will not considered

what can i do ?

Edited by paulchen2005

Hi,

i install this contrib and i have one problem...

if i have some articles without indiv.shipping price is the shipping price 5 euro,

if i have one article with indiv.shipping price (10 euro) and some articles without indiv.shipping price (5 euro) is the shipping price 10 euro

it must show 15 euro for all articles but the price from the article without indiv.shipping will not considered

what can i do ?

Use the last version with my name next to it. I fixed that error quite awhile ago, I'm not sure if newer versions incorporated the fix or not.

Most Valuable OsCommerce Contributions:

Also Purchased (AP) Preselection (cuts this resource hogging query down to nothing) -- Contribution 3294

FedEx Automated Labels -- Contribution 2244

RMA Returns system -- Contribution 1136

Sort Products By Dropdown -- Contribution 4312

Ultimate SEO URLs -- Contribution 2823

Credit Class & Gift Voucher -- Contribution 282

Cross-Sell -- Contribution 5347

Use the last version with my name next to it. I fixed that error quite awhile ago, I'm not sure if newer versions incorporated the fix or not.

Hi,

thank you for help me,

i download the file now,

must i begin to install from

NEW INSTALLS

is that your code ?

ok, i have install your last version,

but now i have an error:

1146 - Table 'dbxxxxxxx.TABLE_SHIPPING_METHODS' doesn't exist

select methods_id, methods_name from TABLE_SHIPPING_METHODS

[TEP STOP]

but i write in admin/includes/database_tables.php

define('TABLE_PRODUCTS_SHIPPING', 'products_shipping');

what can i do ???

what is TABLE_SHIPPING_METHODS ???

thanks for help me and sorry for my bad english... :)

Edited by paulchen2005

Hi,

i have it, i have write

define('TABLE_SHIPPING_METHODS', 'shipping_methods');

in admin/includes/database_tables.php

but now i have a new problem:

my special price is 10 euro but if i buy one article in checkout will show 30 euro for special price...

what can i do ?

Thanks

Hi,

i have it, i have write

define('TABLE_SHIPPING_METHODS', 'shipping_methods');

in admin/includes/database_tables.php

but now i have a new problem:

my special price is 10 euro but if i buy one article in checkout will show 30 euro for special price...

what can i do ?

Thanks

Hi,

i have change in admin "Indiv Ship Outside Home Increase" from 3 to 1 and now it is ok !!!

Hi,

i think i found a bug ?

if i buy only one article with individual shipping cost 10 euro is the shipping price in checkout_shipping.php = 10 euro, that is ok,

but if i buy one article with individual shipping cost 10 euro and one article w/o individual shipping must it show 10 euro and add the price from weight from the other article

but it show the 10 euro + the price from weight from both article

i think that is wrong ???

is it a bug ?

Hi,

one question please,

what must i do to change the display in checkout process

shipping (3.9 ?) plus 10 ? overweight item(s) freight:

to

shipping (3.90 ?) plus 10 ? overweight item(s) freight:

also 3.90 !!!

thank you

Hi,

i think i found a bug ?

if i buy only one article with individual shipping cost 10 euro is the shipping price in checkout_shipping.php = 10 euro, that is ok,

but if i buy one article with individual shipping cost 10 euro and one article w/o individual shipping must it show 10 euro and add the price from weight from the other article

but it show the 10 euro + the price from weight from both article

i think that is wrong ???

is it a bug ?

please,

that is very important for me,

can someone help me ?

thanks

I am getting a strange entry into my database.

Ok! So, I add a new product that doesn't require a shipping price..... in other words i leave the individual shipping field empty. I click preview.... then insert..... Now when i view the product in the store there is no problem, but if i need to edit this product for any reason, this is where i get a weird entry.

So I cick edit in the admin section and scroll down, now I see that there is the number 2006.00 in the individual ship price field. At first i didn't notice it and submitted the changes, and when i viewed the product in the store the shipping price is $2,006.00. I think the 2006 is coming from the date but i'm not sure how this happened or what to do. Please help if you can!

James Tomasello

I am getting a strange entry into my database.

Ok! So, I add a new product that doesn't require a shipping price..... in other words i leave the individual shipping field empty. I click preview.... then insert..... Now when i view the product in the store there is no problem, but if i need to edit this product for any reason, this is where i get a weird entry.

So I cick edit in the admin section and scroll down, now I see that there is the number 2006.00 in the individual ship price field. At first i didn't notice it and submitted the changes, and when i viewed the product in the store the shipping price is $2,006.00. I think the 2006 is coming from the date but i'm not sure how this happened or what to do. Please help if you can!

After review, I have noticed that the problem above only happens when i edit a duplicate product. For some strange reason my duplicate products don't get a "date added" value in the database.

I am getting a slightly different response when I edit a regular product. After choosing Edit and the next page loads, the Individual ship price will now be filled with "0.00" and if i submit my changes now the product is shown for free shipping.

The problems that i mention here are only occuring when a product is not given a shipping price. These products have to be calculated by my original shipping module and they will but i must take the extra step to make sure that i clear the individual price field when i make changes to a product. Not a big deal but it is annoying.

What went wrong? Has anyone heard of this? I will do some searching around but for now i think i'm the only one with this problem.

James Tomasello

Hi,

is there anybody here who can help with this contrib ?

my question is:

what must i do to change the display in checkout process

"shipping (3.9 ?) plus 10 ? overweight item(s) freight:"

to

shipping (3.90 ?) plus 10.00 ? overweight item(s) freight:

also 3.90 and 10.00 !!!

thank you

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I just downloaded the files and read the instruction. There is one thing I am not clear: where to put the two files - two indvship.php?

The instruction says:

"Add the file indvship.php to your includes/modules/shipping directory (if you already have it this is one has changes replace your old one) and the other to your languages/modules/shipping".

You know in admin folder and in client-side folder(root folder), both there are a folder named "includes". Should I put the new files to admin's includes folder, or just put into client-side includes folder.

Also, regarding change "includes/application_top.php", because there are two "includes/application_top.php", one exists in admin folder, and another exists in client-side folder, which one should be modified?

Since the admin folder and client-side folder(root folder) have the similar structure and some filenames are the same, so can anyone please tell me where is the right place to go. I suggest that the contributors to make it clear by using the full path something like that:

"/(root_folder)/admin/inludes/application_top.php" - so I will know this is admin folder

or:

"/(root_folder)/includes/application_top.php" - so I will know this is client-side folder

Thank you in advance.

Nathan

Edited by nzhou

• 2 weeks later...

i am getting an error, the guise to the latest version is quite confusing any one got a better guid to is, erros is in shipping.php

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: get_shiptotal() in /home/spawn/public_html/oscart/includes/classes/shipping.php on line 22

please can any one help its the lates version 4.3 and its a new installation plz helo

Ok so I need some help.

I figured out how to edit the table.php file so that it will charge a table rate plus adds the individual ship price.

Does anyone know how I can exclude the individual ship price from the regular shipping cost.

Example:

Someone purchases a regular item and a individual ship price item

when they check out the table takes the total of both items and then calculates the shipping

Any suggestions would be aprreciated

TIA

i am getting an error, the guise to the latest version is quite confusing any one got a better guid to is, erros is in shipping.php

please can any one help its the lates version 4.3 and its a new installation plz helo

You sure you have the following in includes/classes/shopping_cart.php

function get_shiptotal() {
$this->calculate();

return $this->shiptotal;
}

• 2 weeks later...

I installed the Individual Product Shipping Price v4.3a and I got everything to work except:

When I add an Indv Ship item + a Flat Fee item and check out, it works. :D But when I add just an Indv Ship item by itself & check out I get this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_get_configuration_key_value() in /home/ridersha/public_html/includes/classes/shipping.php on line 40

:(

this is my line 40:

if ((tep_get_configuration_key_value('MODULE_SHIPPING_INDVSHIP_STATUS')) && ((tep_not_null($shiptotal)) || $shiptotal == 0)) {

Also, I installed the Pick Up In Store ship mod and it charges me for the indv ship items but not the rest of the non indv ship items- I need it to zero out all shipping incl indv ship prices. Will these be compatible and how can I fix it?

**** I AM WILLING TO PAY FOR SOLUTIONS ****

Edited by stargirlnine

Okay, so I figured out half my problem-

for the "Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_get_configuration_key_value() in /home/ridersha/public_html/includes/classes/shipping.php on line 40"

Apparently I forgot to add the application_top.php change. Hope this helps someone in the future.

BUT, I am still trying to figure out the local pickup and indv ship mod compatabilities- and I am will to pay a little for any assistance. Thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

My website is mainly for the Netherlands. Therefore I have to think about the Dutchmen. We stand for it to get everything as cheap as it can.

Therefore I have this problem: after choosing a product with individual shipping with it AND choosing a product without this, ALL my shipping methods are showing. The individual shipping is showing first, but is the most expensive shipping method. Therefore my customers will always choose the method with the lowest price.

I'm using this contrib for products that have to be shipped as a package and therefore it's more expensive. When customers also have the option to choose the 'normal way' it's costing me about 3 euro's per item.

So my question is: is it possible to show only Individual Shipping even if there are products with the order who doesn't have the individual shipping price? (all the items in one order are being shipped together)

Hi everyone,

My website is mainly for the Netherlands. Therefore I have to think about the Dutchmen. We stand for it to get everything as cheap as it can.

Therefore I have this problem: after choosing a product with individual shipping with it AND choosing a product without this, ALL my shipping methods are showing. The individual shipping is showing first, but is the most expensive shipping method. Therefore my customers will always choose the method with the lowest price.

I'm using this contrib for products that have to be shipped as a package and therefore it's more expensive. When customers also have the option to choose the 'normal way' it's costing me about 3 euro's per item.

So my question is: is it possible to show only Individual Shipping even if there are products with the order who doesn't have the individual shipping price? (all the items in one order are being shipped together)

Nevermind,

I found the solution by checking the PHP myself. Now it's always showing indvshipping when an order is placed with a minimum of 1 indvshipping-product and 1 normal shipping product. (other shipping options are left out at that moment).

But I have a new question and it seems that this 'bug' has been reported before in this thread, but none replied with an answer.

When adding 2 different products which both have the individual shipping price, it's ship_total is both prices together. So if the first product has ? 6,20 and the second product has ? 6,20 the ship_total is ? 12,40 but the products are sent in one package because it's the same order.

Does anyone has a solution for this problem?

MarcusDesign

• 1 month later...

Nice mod.

But you could have been a bit more accurate on what files needs changing.. I mean come on, is it the admin files or the catalog files?????

for example:

Add in includes/database_tables.php

2-includes application_top.php

Is this in the admin or in the catalog..??

Sorry but thats rally annoying not doing th small things right.. but nice work...