• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] individual product shipping prices

Hi,

I installed this contribution and it works fine but i have a small problem.

sub total : 100.00?

Delivery : 20.00?

TAX (19.6%): 19.60?

Total : 139.60?

the tax does not include the delivery cost.

It should be ;

sub total : 100.00?

Delivery : 20.00?

TAX (19.6%): 23.52?

Total : 143.52?

does anyone have an idea on how to solve this problem ?

Sincerely

Chag

Hi,

I installed this contribution and it works fine but i have a small problem.

Chag

Sorry for the noise. I activated the taxes on the shipping module and it's now ok.

Thanks

OK I have this (v 4.3a) working on the site. What I can't figure out is how I could apply a new set of rules to the shipping calculations.

i.e.

I have t-shirts set to ship at 3.75 for the first one and 1.00 for each additional. However, if the shopper chooses a different design then the calculator treats it like a different item and charges 3.75 + 1.00 for each addditional again even though they are still just t-shirts.

I also want to charge 5.50 for every 2 of a certain item and 6.50 for every 4 of another item.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

hi there i just installed the http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1333

now what i was wondering is, does this allow you to have different shipping costs for each product? the only per item shipping i see under modules>shipping is a per item but it only allows you to set one price for them, i need to be able to give each product a different shipping price

My error messages have change to ;

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/agele3/public_html/includes/classes/shopping_cart.php:2) in /home/agele3/public_html/includes/functions/general.php on line 1186

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/agele3/public_html/includes/classes/shopping_cart.php:2) in /home/agele3/public_html/includes/functions/general.php on line 29

I never touched the general php file.

Please help

try removing the code from line 2 in your shopping_cart.php

Also, I don't know how to load the items into the database. I can get into my sql but don't understand how to use it

And How do I modify my table- what table?

I can upload and edit through file manager but that is the extent of my programming

Please help!

in your phpmyadmin, select the DB you are using for your cart, click on 'sql' at the top, now copy and past the querie from the install file into that box

ok, i am an idiot, i was uploading to the wrong site. I got the mod installed but am getting this in the admin when creating a product, anyone know where i can change this...

TEXT_PRODUCTS_ZIPCODE

i am getting this error on checkout_shipping

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/euro/public_html/includes/classes/shopping_cart.php on line 556, the red is line 556

here is lines 550-557

default:
				$this->content_type = 'physical';
				break;
			}
		  }
		}
	 [color=#FF0000]} elseif (($this->show_weight() == 0) && (tep_not_null($shipping_modules->get_shiptotal()))) {[/color]			reset($this->contents);

i get this on my checkout_process.php

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class freeshipper in /home/euro/public_html/includes/modules/shipping/freeshipper.php on line 15

• 3 weeks later...
i get this on my checkout_process.php

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class freeshipper in /home/euro/public_html/includes/modules/shipping/freeshipper.php on line 15

I think i have found the solution to the problem, in another contributions forum. What appears to be happening is that there is another file similar to freeshipper.php in the includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/ directory which also is declaring the class freeshipper. I fixed the problem by just commenting out line 15 " /* class freeshipper" in the file /includes/modules/shipping/freeshipper.php

give that a try

Philip

I think i have found the solution to the problem, in another contributions forum. What appears to be happening is that there is another file similar to freeshipper.php in the includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/ directory which also is declaring the class freeshipper. I fixed the problem by just commenting out line 15 " /* class freeshipper" in the file /includes/modules/shipping/freeshipper.php

give that a try

Philip

sorry about the last entry, i was incorrect about the solution. I found i had copied the file freeshipper.php (5Kb)found in /includes/modules/shipping/ directory to the includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/ directory which was causing the error regarding the redeclaring the class. i reloaded the correct file in that directory for freeshipper which includes only three define statements (615 bytes). check to see if you did not do the same thing

Philip

OK I have this (v 4.3a) working on the site. What I can't figure out is how I could apply a new set of rules to the shipping calculations.

i.e.

I have t-shirts set to ship at 3.75 for the first one and 1.00 for each additional. However, if the shopper chooses a different design then the calculator treats it like a different item and charges 3.75 + 1.00 for each addditional again even though they are still just t-shirts.

HallMarc, did you ever come up with a good solution for this problem? I have a similar issue. Individual Product Shipping gets me most of the way there, but I'd like to avoid a custom hack if there's a community-endorsed solution to this problem.

HallMarc, did you ever come up with a good solution for this problem? I have a similar issue. Individual Product Shipping gets me most of the way there, but I'd like to avoid a custom hack if there's a community-endorsed solution to this problem.

Here's my modification to includes/classes/shipping.php:

if(tep_not_null($products_ship_price) ||tep_not_null($products_ship_price_two)){
if( tep_not_null( $products_ship_price_two ) && tep_not_null( $this->shiptotal ) ) {
	$this->shiptotal += ($products_ship_price_two * $qty);
}
else {
	$this->shiptotal += ($products_ship_price);
	if ($qty > 1) {
		if (tep_not_null($products_ship_price_two)) {
			$this->shiptotal += ($products_ship_price_two * ($qty-1));
		} else {
			$this->shiptotal += ($products_ship_price * ($qty-1));
		}
	}/////////////NOT HERE <<------------
}
}

Basically, I add an additional if/else block that checks to see whether $this->shiptotal has been modified, yet. If so, and I have an additional item shipping price, then use that for the entire quantity. Otherwise, go with the default behavior for this contribution.

From what I read this module might do what I want.

I have a store that sells DVDs, Books and Magazines.

What I want to accomplish is that when someone buys any product(s) up to 150euro the shipping price will be 3euro (I managed to do that with Table Rate).

But, when someone buys Books that cost more than 100euro I want to ship them for free and for magazines that cost more than 200 euro I also want to ship them for free...

I kinda think of it as: charge a shipping amount according to the category of the product(s). Anyone knows if this is possible using this module?

There's a diference between living & BEING ALIVE!

• 2 weeks later...

I have downloaded and installed "individual shipping" contribution module, i followed the instructions and then got an error message when editing products, then noticed in the instructions at the top of new install a mysql statement, i ran that, which cleared away the error messages but when i change a product there is no box to put in the individual shipping shippng price, what needs to be done or modified?

Every thing else is working, i mean that in the shipping section it says individual shipping is installed

Edited by Bkag

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1333

Which is the latest "full package" download?

It seems like the v2.0 (fresh install) by thunderace may be, and then everything else is a "non-complete" mod upgrade above Farrukh Saeed's?

What about Farrukh Saeed's v3.0?

Who has installed this with minimal problems? I see that other people have asked the same question before on this thread, but I didn't find an answer.

Thanks in advance

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.

Therefore, all progress depends upon the unreasonable man."

-- George Bernard Shaw

First of all - thanks to all who work so hard at all the contributions. Your work & support is appreciated.

Having said that, I need help with getting individual product shipping prices to work. I've worked out most of the bugs but I can't seem to figure out how to make it work. I can't figure out how to turn it on for a specific vendor. It shows up in the admin Shipping Modules as Individual Shipping - Zone 1 but when I go to Vendors then Manage Vendors all the other shipping methods are there but not individual product shipping prices. Doesn't it need to be an option & be turned on for a vendor?

I'm using PHP4, sCommerce 2.2 Milestone, & the only other thing I've added is the MVS which is working fine.

Thanks - Any help would be greatly appreciated.

First of all - thanks to all who work so hard at all the contributions. Your work & support is appreciated.

Having said that, I need help with getting individual product shipping prices to work. I've worked out most of the bugs but I can't seem to figure out how to make it work. I can't figure out how to turn it on for a specific vendor. It shows up in the admin Shipping Modules as Individual Shipping - Zone 1 but when I go to Vendors then Manage Vendors all the other shipping methods are there but not individual product shipping prices. Doesn't it need to be an option & be turned on for a vendor?

I'm using PHP4, sCommerce 2.2 Milestone, & the only other thing I've added is the MVS which is working fine.

Thanks - Any help would be greatly appreciated.

More info for the above problem with individual product shipping. I installed the multi vendor shipping first & finally got all the bugs worked out & running (I think) then about 4 days ago I installed the individual product shipping prices version 4.3a. I think I've got most of the bugs worked out but I need to figure out how to turn it on for a vendor if I want to ship that way. That option isn't listed when I go to any vendor then hit the manage button. All the other shipping options are there but not individual product shipping.

When I look in \catalog\includes\languages\english\modules\ there are two shipping folders. One called shipping & one called vendors_shipping. In the shipping folder the indvship.php file is there but itn't not in the vendors shipping folder. Same for \catalog\includes\modules\. I would think it needs to be in there too, but if I add it to those folders then I get an error & it won't load the shipping options from free shipping on. I'm sure it's something simple but I'm new to this code stuff & don't know what I need to do.

The option is there in the admin area when I go to the modules / shipping modules & I can turn it on ok but then when I go to Vendors / to set that as my shipping option for a vendor, it's not there.

I've gone over the code 3 times & I think it's ok but now I've got another problem. As I said, I'm really new to this so be gentle. In redoing the code 3 times, I also re-installed the MYSQL code so I now have 'Indiv Ship Outside Home Increase' & 'Indiv Ship Home Country' listed 3 times in the Configuration / Shipping/Packaging area. How do I get rid of the 2 extra ones? I've been reading for 3 days & if I'm missing the answer please point me in the right direction. Help - anyone?

Since i cant seem to do it myself could someone post their php code of the file catalog/includes/classes/shipping

only

if it is an unmodified osc with just the individual shipping module

Thanks

Ben

I installed both this module and multi-vendor shipping module (my oscommerce version is MS 2.1. and when I click the "catalog" section in admin panel, I get the error message saying:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/www/html/admin/categories.php on line 271

May I ask if anyone can shed some light on this? Thanks!

line 271 is the following:

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " (products_quantity, products_model, /*changes mltship*/ products_ship_method, /*changes indvship*/ products_ship_price, products_image, products_price, products_date_added, products_date_available, products_weight, products_status, products_tax_class_id, manufacturers_id) values ('" . $product['products_quantity'] . "', '" . $product['products_model'] . "', /*changes mltship*/ '" . $product['products_ship_method'] . "', '" . /*changes indvship*/ '" . $product['products_ship_price'] . "', '" . $product['products_image'] . "', '" . $product['products_price'] . "', now(), '" . $product['products_date_available'] . "', '" . $product['products_weight'] . "', '0', '" . $product['products_tax_class_id'] . "', '" . $product['manufacturers_id'] . "')");

Can you possibly tell me how you fixed it?? I have the same error popping up now :( (

Hi,

I have installed this - but I have a problem. I want to be able to use it with other shipping modules. For example: I have a product that has free shipping $0 or that is a set price say $5. I want it to show for those - but then I have other products that are quoted FedEx. I was thinking maybe intergrate the shipping prices into the product part on the checkout page. For example:

1 x Product 9.95

Shipping: 1.00

Or maybe it could just be added to the other shipping price - like fedex shipping + indiv shipping = price shown.

Is there a way I can accomplish this?

Thanks,

Philip