• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] individual product shipping prices

I just installed the newest version (4.2a) and I still have the same problem. I will give a more clearer example of what I want it to do.

Product 1: First = $30, Additional = $15

Product 2: First = $60, Additional = $45

Is it possible for it to do the following if the customer buys both Product 1 and Product 2:

Shipping = $30 + $45 = $75 or

Shipping = $60 + $15 = $75

What happens at the moment is that it uses the shipping cost for the first item of both products eg.

Shipping = $30 + $60 = $90

Is it possible to setup the contribution to do as I described above?

No, not that I know of. Why would you want to do that out of curiousity?

Hey, guys! Is there any here who knows a lot about this contrib?

I installed this contrib and it's great, but I need to have 4 levels of shipping prices based on the quantity of 3 different items purchased.

Please!

Lavern Gingerich

That is not built into the contrib right now, you might consider paying someone to custom code it for you.

Most Valuable OsCommerce Contributions:

Also Purchased (AP) Preselection (cuts this resource hogging query down to nothing) -- Contribution 3294

FedEx Automated Labels -- Contribution 2244

RMA Returns system -- Contribution 1136

Sort Products By Dropdown -- Contribution 4312

Ultimate SEO URLs -- Contribution 2823

Credit Class & Gift Voucher -- Contribution 282

Cross-Sell -- Contribution 5347

No, not that I know of. Why would you want to do that out of curiousity?

I would like to do this because everything a customer orders will all be sent in the same package to them. By charging the customer full price for shipping for each different product that they order, then they are paying us too much for shipping to them.

Do you know of any possible way to make the contribution do as I described in my previous post?

I would like to do this because everything a customer orders will all be sent in the same package to them. By charging the customer full price for shipping for each different product that they order, then they are paying us too much for shipping to them.

Do you know of any possible way to make the contribution do as I described in my previous post?

No you would have to rewrite the logistics. Consider regular shipping for most items and only individual shipping on a select few.

Also Purchased (AP) Preselection (cuts this resource hogging query down to nothing) -- Contribution 3294

Quick note

I noticed homewetbar made a new addition to the contribution great job. Sorry I have not been on the forum to help, been out of town for 2 months. Been getting a lot of emails and have answered most.

About ind shipping being the ONLY option at checkout. Yes that is true if the products have indv. shipping. If the cart contains products that do not have ind shipping prices added in admin are all other shipping options will show up for the other products and the inv shipping prices for products with indv shipping will be added to the order total. The products with indv shipping is set to only show that shipping method. Sorry if this confused anyone.

Edited by crashwave

q_|_|| _|9~~J >-o>-o q_|_|| )| q_|| )

• 3 weeks later...

how come this mod doesnt show anything if i set the individual price to zero, i atleast want it to say $0 so that the customer knows there is no shipping.

also whats with the

TEXT_PRODUCTS_ZIPCODE??????

shouldnt that show zip code or post code orwatever, even though it has no valid use.

Also when a shipping price is entered it adds the tax on. How can we make it whatever price we enter includes the tax??

Don't die with the music in you!!!

Failure is just another boundary to sucess!!! But that doesn't mean your getting somewhere...

how come this mod doesnt show anything if i set the individual price to zero, i atleast want it to say $0 so that the customer knows there is no shipping.

Also when a shipping price is entered it adds the tax on. How can we make it whatever price we enter includes the tax??

Not the purpose of the module, setup a free shipping module then all the items that have no individual ship price will be shipped free. Just select no tax class, and put your price with tax in as the individual price.

also whats with the

TEXT_PRODUCTS_ZIPCODE??????

Read the directions... or read the forum I answered this a couple pages back.

Edited by homewetbar

thanks, i already figured it out, hehehe,

as for free shipping, which free shipping module is best to use with this contrib??

Don't die with the music in you!!!

Failure is just another boundary to sucess!!! But that doesn't mean your getting somewhere...

Individual Shipping is a the perfect contribution for shipping but when trying to make minor changes its all over the place. I have a very minor problem Where is the parenthesis and the colon coming from on the checkout confirmation page.

(Standard Shipping): I would like to remove them.

:'(

thanks

Edited by oldworldcharms

Individual Shipping is a the perfect contribution for shipping but when trying to make minor changes its all over the place. I have a very minor problem Where is the parenthesis and the colon coming from on the checkout confirmation page.

(Standard Shipping):? I would like to remove them.

thanks

Not sure..off the top of my head should be in Language files for that page or that module

Edited by crashwave

q_|_|| _|9~~J >-o>-o q_|_|| )| q_|| )

(Standard Shipping):  I would like to remove them.

thanks

I think its in the order total modules...

thanks, The checkout_shipping and checkout_confirmation uses the same English file

languages/modules/shipping/indvidship.php

but for some reason the checkout_confirmation uses a semicolon and parenthesis. I found the semicolon in the includes/modules/shipping/indivship.php but the not the parenthesis. Very minor though...I think I am going to move on to much more important things like trying to figure out why when I add a second shipping price and two items are put into the basket it still uses the first shipping price. Any ideas where to start looking to fix this problem?

Also I want to say thanks for answering and for who wrote this contribution or added to it Thank you for taking the time to write and support it.

Thanks

Elizabeth

Has anyone found a way to move the shipping options from the checkout page, into the cart?  Could use some help with that....

You're posting in the wrong topic try Searching then posting in general help or support if you can't find anything.

Hey,

I have installed this contrib and its excellent! However I have a shipping contrib installed already which covers my whole store being 1st product x amount and additional products y amount.

However if I add a product into the cart that has its own shipping cost (this contrib) the shipping isnt shown?

If I add it with another product that hasnt got its own price, the shipping isnt shown?

If I add a product this contrib doesnt involve, the shipping is shown?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Hey,

I have installed this contrib and its excellent! However I have a shipping contrib installed already which covers my whole store being 1st product x amount and additional products y amount.

However if I add a product into the cart that has its own shipping cost (this contrib) the shipping isnt shown?

If I add it with another product that hasnt got its own price, the shipping isnt shown?

If I add a product this contrib doesnt involve, the shipping is shown?

Any ideas?

Thanks

It looks like there is definately a conflict between this contrib and the other you mentioned I would compare the two install files and see if you can find a conflict there...

I don't have two database_tables.php. I only have one in catalog/includes. I don't have one under admin/includes. I installed osc back in June of 2003 and I think the version is 2.2. my point being only that this is a store up and running for 2 years so I don't know why I don't have that file !

can I just copy the one from catalog/includes to there or can someone post a copy of THEIRS in their admin file for me to copy?

thank you in advance.

I don't have two database_tables.php.? I only have one in catalog/includes.? I don't have one under admin/includes.? I installed osc back in June of 2003 and I think the version is 2.2.? my point being only that this is a store up and running for 2 years so I don't know why I don't have that file !

can I just copy the one from catalog/includes to there or can someone post a copy of THEIRS in their admin file for me to copy?

thank you in advance.

You don't have 2.2 MS3 then. Goto download the newest osCommerce or you have another file that you use instead of the database_tables.php in your includes directory. You just have to find it. Sorry but I don't know the name of it on the older versions.

Edited by homewetbar

I have install and followed you instructions for your shipping module. the problem comes in when I go and click for check out the checkout_shipping is blank and the process stops there.

can you help please?

thank you in advanced

Tony

ok i have fixed the previous problems, but here is what i don't understand in the new install instructions under the 6-catalog/checkout_shipping.php heading

I found the changeto stuff, but the if you have section I can't find the code lines and if I don't have them, do I add them and where?