• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] individual product shipping prices

Just found this thread so I'm going to post my question here too.

Hey Everyone, I did some searching and couldn't find the answer to my question.

I just installed Individual Product Shipping Prices 1.0 and it is working great. I would like to modify the shipping calculator so that it uses the most expensive base price and then the additional price for the rest of the items.

Example:

Currently Happening:

Shoes ship @ 9.99 for first item, 4.99 for each additional, shirts ship @ 3.99 and 1.99/additional

2 x Nike = 9.99 + 4.99

2 x Shirt = 3.99 + 1.99

Total Shipping = 20.96

What I want to happen:

2 x Nike = 9.99 + 4.99

2 x Shirt = 1.99 + 1.99

Total Shipping = 18.96

Basically, it will use the most expensive base price and then every other item will be included at their additional price. Is there anyone out there that knows a way to do this? Thanks!

I had a similar request from a client and came up with the following.

You need to change includes\classes\shipping.php module

Insert only the code delimited by the // BB Start and // BB End, the other code should serve to indicate where in the file you need to add this - around about line 84(ish):

//phpmom.com// find shiptotoal and indvcount(# of products with indv shipping//

function get_shiptotal() {

global $cart;

$this->shiptotal = '';

$products = $cart->get_products();

// BB Start - Set first shipping price = second shipping price for all prods other than first prod with max shipping price - Start by determining index of max shipping price

$maxship = '0';

$i_maxship = 0;

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($products); $i<$n; $i++) {

if (($products[$i]['products_ship_price']) > $maxship) {

$maxship = ($products[$i]['products_ship_price']);

$i_maxship = $i;

}

}

// Here we set all ship prices to second ship price for entries other than the index determined above

if ($i != $i_maxship) {

$products[$i]['products_ship_price'] = $products[$i]['products_ship_price_two'];

}

}

// BB End - Set first shipping price

// mod indvship//modified hadir

// if ($products[$i]['products_ship_price']) {

$products_ship_price = $products[$i]['products_ship_price'];//}

$products_ship_price_two = $products[$i]['products_ship_price_two'];

$products_ship_zip = $products[$i]['products_ship_zip'];

I'm trying to implement this but it doesn't seem to work. Has something changed since this was created that would make it void?

• 5 weeks later...

After installing easy populate, do i need to install individual shipping 4.5 full or just individual shipping V1? once V1 was installed i could see te new attributes in my easy populate however was getting an error the database doesn’t exist.

After easy populate what steps should i take to allow me to have one product with a selection of sizes which have different shipping charges?

Thanks

• 3 months later...

Hello,

First off, great community! I've been reading a wealth of info here and its greatly helping me on a daily basis! The contributions are excellent and I have used quite a few so far.

I'm newer at php and mysql, but not completely, and have a fundamental grasp on the technology.

For this contrib, I'm having an issue;

Objective:

Have East and West shipping zones; separated by state (west states incur $10 handling fee)

I have setup 2 zones with specific states in each, and the per item price is in place.

Also, is there any way to specify a price difference per each item depending on East or West purchase?

I have duplicated the file (indvship to indvship1/indvship1 language file, and renamed indvship to indvship1 inside each file)to accomplish what I'm trying.

I must not quite get it..

Problem:

It works great unless I pick a western state

Initially, at checkout_shipping.php 'delivery info' the shipping is correct; But when continuing to checkout at checkout_confirmation.php 'order confirmation', the shipping price doubles.

Also, even picking a Western state, the shipping amount is correct until Plus Flat Rate Shipping is added upon order confirmation..

I'm sure I must have duplicated it wrong.

I will be looking into this and any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Edited by dspirito

I fixed my issue; here is what was wrong for reference:

I did the manual install because I had other shipping modules before.

one item for the install was:

Replace the following in checkout_shipping.php:

'cost' => $quote[0]['methods'][0]['cost']);

With:

// start indvship

//'cost' => $quote[0]['methods'][0]['cost']);

'cost' => $quote[0]['methods'][0]['cost'],

'invcost' => $shipping_modules->get_shiptotal());

// end indvship

I commented out:

//'invcost' => $shipping_modules->get_shiptotal());

and

now have just:

'cost' => $quote[0]['methods'][0]['cost']);

I would like to have this individual pricing add the value per item, just not to the order total.

If anyone knows an easy way to accomplish this I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Dave

(from Rhode Island)

• 2 weeks later...

Just installed this and there appears to be a BIG bug which may have been caused by a previous revision. If you have an item set at an individual shipping price and another that is set to use your normal shipping module (say UPS). If the 2 items are in the cart together the customer can checkout with only paying the shipping for the individual shipping.

It should work as follows

-Item with Individual Shipping Price only in cart - Display all options (UPS, Individual shipping price etc)

-Item with No Individual shipping price, normal weight/dimensions setup (Display UPS only, do not display Individual Shipping Price)

-1 Item with Individual shipping Price set and 1 with the normal weight/dimensions (Display UPS only, do not display Individual Shipping Price)

I suck at code so I probably won't be able to fix this myself but hoping someone else can

I have installed version 4.5 of this (minus the changes to product_info.php but including the changes to paypal_standard.php)on a RC2.2a install of osC and found a couple of problems:

1. Missing code from manual installation

Only by running a filecomp on the 4.5 files with a stock store I found that this code is missing from the manual installation files in includes/classes/shipping.php

// start indvship
         //while (list(, $value) = each($this->modules)) {
         //  $class = substr($value, 0, strrpos($value, '.'));
         //  $include_modules[] = array('class' => $class, 'file' => $value);
         //}
       //}
	  if($indvcount==sizeof($products)){
		if ((tep_get_configuration_key_value('MODULE_SHIPPING_INDVSHIP_STATUS')) && ((tep_not_null($shiptotal)) || $shiptotal == 0)) {
			$include_modules[] = array('class'=> 'indvship', 'file' => 'indvship.php');
		}
	  } else { 
	  	if(sizeof($products)>$indvcount){
			while (list(, $value) = each($this->modules)) {
				$class = substr($value, 0, strrpos($value, '.'));
				if (($class !='freeshipper') && ($class != 'indvship')) { // comment to show all ship options
				//if ($class !='freeshipper') { // uncomment to show all ship options
					$include_modules[] = array('class' => $class, 'file' => $value);
				}
			}
		}
	  }
	}
	// end indvship

2.If a customer checks out with a $10 shipping item and a $240 shipping item they only get charged $10.

Looking at the above code in the store - no value for $indivcount - checked v4.5 against earlier versions and found this code at the top of the file:

$products = $cart->get_products();// BOF: indvship prices
  $shiptotal = $this->get_shiptotal();
  $indvcount = $this->get_indvcount();// EOF: indvship prices

Added that into mine and also edited the 'missing code mentioned in (1) above to:

// start indvship
         //while (list(, $value) = each($this->modules)) {
         //  $class = substr($value, 0, strrpos($value, '.'));
         //  $include_modules[] = array('class' => $class, 'file' => $value);
         //}
       //}
	  if($indvcount==sizeof($products)){//if the number of products = the number of indivships then display only indivshipping
		if ((tep_get_configuration_key_value('MODULE_SHIPPING_INDVSHIP_STATUS')) && ((tep_not_null($shiptotal)) || $shiptotal == 0)) {
			$include_modules[] = array('class'=> 'indvship', 'file' => 'indvship.php');
		}
	  } else { 
	  	if(sizeof($products)>$indvcount){//if there are more products in the cart than qualify for invship then 
			while (list(, $value) = each($this->modules)) {
				$class = substr($value, 0, strrpos($value, '.'));
				if (($class != 'indvship')) { // comment to show all ship options
				//if ($class !='freeshipper') { // uncomment to show all ship options
					$include_modules[] = array('class' => $class, 'file' => $value);
				}
			}
		}
	  }
	}
	// end indvship

3. OK now my customer gets shown his $240 shipping but, at checkout_confirmation he gets the $10 indivship added back in again - I want the indivship to 'go away'

In includes/classes/order.php version 4.5 asked me to insert:

//start indvship
     if($shipping['id']==indvship_indvship){
       $shipping_cost = $shipping['cost'];
       $shipping_title = $shipping['title'];
     } else {
       $shipping_cost = $shipping['cost'] + $shipping['invcost'];
       if ($shipping['invcost'] > 0) {
         $shipping_title = $shipping['title']. ' Plus Flat Rate Shipping';
       } else {
       }
     }
     // end indvship 

The line $shipping_cost = $shipping['cost'] + $shipping['invcost']; ADDS the indivship cost to the standard shipping - we didn't want that so I just edited the above code down to:

//start indvship
     {
       $shipping_cost = $shipping['cost'];
     } 
     // end indvship 

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I have gone through the code twice for Individual Product Shipping v4.3 and still have an issue when adding the individual rates. When in the product editing area I see this:

Shipping zip code (Form Field) null

Shipping price (Form Field) null

Each additional price (Form Field) null

I can enter the items needed but they do not save. Has anyone seen this before with this contribution?

Edited by rngeer

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

I´ve installed Oscommerce 2.3 and added the Constribution Individual product Shipping prices 4.5.

In the Admin Panel I am able to configure Shipping and Packaging without problems. Country code is set correctly.

In the Product definitions I set the Individual Shipping prices an they are correctly saved in the database. I just

changed the databasedefinition from VARCHAR to Decimal, so that I can also use decimal points.

The Problem:

In Checkout_shipping, the Shipping price is shown as 0.0 although the price should be 4.90

Does anyone had the same Problem and knows a solution??

Hi guys,

I´ve installed Oscommerce 2.3 and added the Constribution Individual product Shipping prices 4.5.

In the Admin Panel I am able to configure Shipping and Packaging without problems. Country code is set correctly.

In the Product definitions I set the Individual Shipping prices an they are correctly saved in the database. I just

changed the databasedefinition from VARCHAR to Decimal, so that I can also use decimal points.

The Problem:

In Checkout_shipping, the Shipping price is shown as 0.0 although the price should be 4.90

Does anyone had the same Problem and knows a solution??

Are there no ideas about this problem???? I need a fix asap :(

• 1 month later...

Hello and thank you for your hard work. I am looking to do some specific things with my shipping rates and I believe this is the add-on I am looking for. Let me explain what I would like to do and then, please, let me know if I have found the proper solution.

Currently, all of our products that are sold online have a table based flat shipping fee. However, some of the new products we are going to offer will be available for local pickup only. We don't need or want a shipping charge for those products. I am hoping that this add-on will allow me to set some of our products as having no shipping fee. If this is the case, great. I do have some questions about it though.

Once installed, will I have to edit every product already set up?

If someone orders two products, one with a shipping fee and one without a shipping fee, how will the module handle that?

I think that covers everything. Thank you in advance for any help you may provide.

• 4 weeks later...

I have installed the latest version (Individual Product Shipping Prices - v.4.5 full) with the update in OSC v2.2 RC2a. I have gone thru installing the module, quadruple checked my work and have read this thread backwards and forwards numerous times but can not seem to get it to work right.

I have not come across any errors but am finding it to operate like many have mentioned in this thread but have not found a fix for it. I am interested in using this IPSP mod with FedEx but they are not working in conjunction properly. Is it possible to do this without using a free shipping mod or a multi vendor mod? I have not found a "free shipper" mod and the only multi vendor mod I could find was really old and listed as beta.

In addition, I have not found any code in my files or in the code that needs to be added with this mod that refers to freeshipper except in the instructions. Commenting out the code that referred to freeshipper did not sound like it would accomplish what I am after so I have assumed it is not required for this mod and may have come from an older version of OSC. If it is required I need to find full versions of any php files it needs to be included in.

My issues are as follows:

*IPSP-ON, FedEx-ON

-x1 item in cart without an IPSP value added in it's profile and both shipping methods show to be available in checkout_shipping.php.

(FedEx shows accurate pricing and IPSP shows $0.00. This allows a customer to select the IPSP=$0.00 charge and skip FedEx charges. If they select the FedEx quote as they should it shows correctly at checkout_confirmation.php.)

-x1 item in cart without an IPSP value added in it's profile

AND

-1x item in cart with a $50 IPSP value added in it's profile

(FedEx shows accurate pricing and IPSP shows $50.00. This allows a customer to select either shipping method. If they select the FedEx quote as they should it shows FedEx and IPSP charges correctly at checkout_confirmation.php. If they choose the $50 IPSP it skips the FedEx charge and only charges the $50 IPSP charge.)

-1x item in cart with a $50 IPSP value added in it's profile

(FedEx still shows as a selectable option and IPSP shows $50.00. If a customer selects the "cheaper" FedEx option they are then charged both the FedEx charge and the IPSP charge at checkout_confirmation.php. In this example the FedEx option should be disabled and not be offered as an option.)

I also tested it with IPSP turned-OFF and FedEx-ON and everything works as it should except if any item is added to the cart with an IPSP charge in it's profile, it's charge is added at checkout_confirmation.php. There seems to be no way to disable this mod without removing all IPSP charges from every item profile.

I am offering some items shipped out of my stock from my zip code that require FedEx quotes as well as items shipped directly from the manufacturer with a set shipping price. If both types of items are purchased I need it to include both charges but need it to not offer IPSP as a selectable option. It would be great if it could still show the IPSP charge but disable the radio button. If only one item of either type is selected I need it to disable the other method. I will be offering free shipping on some items but would be ok with charging $1 instead if adding a free option makes it even more complicated.

I have been working on this module for about 3 weeks now with a live operating store and had to result to modifying the flat rate shipper to a service charge free shipping quote option where it is the only option available and I then bill for shipping after purchases are made via PayPal prior to shipping the items. It is a crude and time consuming method but it seems to be the only way without getting this mod to work. Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated! I am stuck and don't have a clue to what I should try next.

Are there no ideas about this problem???? I need a fix asap :(

Here's a post from this thread with the same issue as you.

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/50221-contribution-individual-product-shipping-prices/page__view__findpost__p__1356365

The closest issue I've had to yours was that mine weren't showing up at all. There's a post in this thread on that one too but don't see it right off hand. It had to do with code placement where duplicate codes existed in the same file and I had it pasted on the wrong one. The instructions hadn't indicated exactly where to put the code.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I've followed the directions and completed the install process but when I add the shipping prices in the product edit page, there is a null beside each box and the values will not save.

I didn't see an answer to this question on the forum, but did see others asking it. I have the most current version of OSC and Individual Prod. Ship

It seems to be a problem with the values saving to the database. Troubleshooting possibilities or potential files to look at, or a solution would be great.

Thank you.

I have the same issue, null besides the boxes and the values will not save, during checkout the shipping option comes back as $0.00

I do have the per item shipping module installed and disabled and flat rate shipping installed/disabled. Could the issue be linked?

DPWEB21 do you have either of those modules installed?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I have gone through the code twice for Individual Product Shipping v4.3 and still have an issue when adding the individual rates. When in the product editing area I see this:

Shipping zip code (Form Field) null

Shipping price (Form Field) null

Each additional price (Form Field) null

I can enter the items needed but they do not save. Has anyone seen this before with this contribution?

Hi,

There is a instruction in contribution name- 'How_To_Install_individual_shipping_4.5.txt'.

In that file find '/catalog/admin/categories.php'. then find

if (USE_CACHE == 'true') {

tep_reset_cache_block('categories');

tep_reset_cache_block('also_purchased');

}

but there is more then 1 statement like this on categories.php

You have to find -

if ($action == 'insert_product') {

$insert_sql_data = array('products_id' => $products_id,

'language_id' => $language_id);

$sql_data_array = array_merge($sql_data_array, $insert_sql_data);

tep_db_perform(TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION, $sql_data_array);

} elseif ($action == 'update_product') {

tep_db_perform(TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION, $sql_data_array, 'update', "products_id = '" . (int)$products_id . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$language_id . "'");

}

}

after above statement you have to insert

// start indvship

$sql_shipping_array = array('products_ship_zip' => tep_db_prepare_input($_POST['products_ship_zip']),

'products_ship_methods_id' => tep_db_prepare_input($_POST['products_ship_methods_id']),

'products_ship_price' => round(tep_db_prepare_input($_POST['products_ship_price']),4),

'products_ship_price_two' => round(tep_db_prepare_input($_POST['products_ship_price_two']),4));

$sql_shipping_id_array = array('products_id' => (int)$products_id);

$products_ship_query = tep_db_query("SELECT * FROM " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_SHIPPING . " WHERE products_id = " . (int)$products_id);

if(tep_db_num_rows($products_ship_query) >0) {

if (($_POST['products_ship_zip'] == '')&&($_POST['products_ship_methods_id'] == '')&&($_POST['products_ship_price'] == '')&&($_POST['products_ship_price_two'] == '')){

tep_db_query("DELETE FROM " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_SHIPPING . " where products_id = '" . (int)$products_id . "'");

} else {

tep_db_perform(TABLE_PRODUCTS_SHIPPING, $sql_shipping_array, 'update', "products_id = '" . (int)$products_id . "'");

}

} else {

if (($_POST['products_ship_zip'] != '')||($_POST['products_ship_methods_id'] != '')||($_POST['products_ship_price'] != '')||($_POST['products_ship_price_two'] != '')){

$sql_ship_array = array_merge($sql_shipping_array, $sql_shipping_id_array);

tep_db_perform(TABLE_PRODUCTS_SHIPPING, $sql_ship_array, 'insert');

}

}

// end indvship

enjoy :thumbsup:

Thanks and Regards

Soeb Shaikh

ok I have some problems with installing v4.5

for some reason I don't have /catalog/includes/classes/one_page_checkout.php

I have added everything except that and this is probably why I get this error message when I try to

install the module.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class indvship in /home/bbhyd/public_html/oscommerce/includes/modules/shipping/indvship.php on line 14

where can i download one_page_checkout.php and is that the problem ?

ok I have some problems with installing v4.5

for some reason I don't have /catalog/includes/classes/one_page_checkout.php

I have added everything except that and this is probably why I get this error message when I try to

install the module.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class indvship in /home/bbhyd/public_html/oscommerce/includes/modules/shipping/indvship.php on line 14

where can i download one_page_checkout.php and is that the problem ?

hello,

This module can run without one_page_checkout.php(it is not compulsory)

In /home/bbhyd/public_html/oscommerce/includes/modules/shipping/indvship.php, function indvship() may be declared more then one,remove additional.

if problem continues , pls reply.

Thanks and Regards

Soeb Shaikh

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok, simple question: instructions on use are where?

eg: what purpose does the field "Shipping zip code" serve? What goes there? I swear I've read it before, but cannot do a productive search in the new forum here to find it... Help in locating docs or an answer is appreciated!

Edited by BuffaloWeb

• 5 weeks later...

I have had individual shipping working for a month now. However i noticed people were not completing orders, i then found out my shipping was for some reason multiplied x3. (modules/shipping/indvship.php) It took me ages, i couldnt find where in the code the shipping was getting called 3 times, i eventually settled with using the higher shipping and adding code to only use 33.333333% of the high price, since i knew it was multiplied by 3.

if (tep_not_null($products[$i]['products_ship_price'])) {

$products_ship_price = $products[$i]['products_ship_price'];

$qty = $products[$i]['quantity'];

if(tep_not_null($products_ship_price) ||tep_not_null($products_ship_price_two)){

$shiptotal += ($products_ship_price)*0.333333333;

if ($qty > 1) {

if (tep_not_null($products_ship_price_two)) {

$shiptotal += ($products_ship_price_two * ($qty-1)*0.333333333);

} else {

$shiptotal += ($products_ship_price * ($qty-1)*0.333333333);

Im not sure why this happened, however i also experienced another issue where os commerce couldnt get pages for the front of house, while the admin worked fine. I found a soluion online, which stated it could be due to a php upgrade.

So most of my problems are fixed ive not gotta figure out how to fix

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class zones on line 97. I think while trying to fix my above problem i must have accidentally changed a zone shipping file, so looks like its more time replacing files.

• 4 weeks later...

I have had individual shipping working for a month now. However i noticed people were not completing orders, i then found out my shipping was for some reason multiplied x3. (modules/shipping/indvship.php) It took me ages, i couldnt find where in the code the shipping was getting called 3 times, i eventually settled with using the higher shipping and adding code to only use 33.333333% of the high price, since i knew it was multiplied by 3.

$qty = $products[$i]['quantity'];

if(tep_not_null($products_ship_price) ||tep_not_null($products_ship_price_two)){

$shiptotal += ($products_ship_price)*0.333333333;

if ($qty > 1) {

if (tep_not_null($products_ship_price_two)) {

$shiptotal += ($products_ship_price_two * ($qty-1)*0.333333333);

} else {

$shiptotal += ($products_ship_price * ($qty-1)*0.333333333);

Im not sure why this happened, however i also experienced another issue where os commerce couldnt get pages for the front of house, while the admin worked fine. I found a soluion online, which stated it could be due to a php upgrade.

So most of my problems are fixed ive not gotta figure out how to fix

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class zones on line 97. I think while trying to fix my above problem i must have accidentally changed a zone shipping file, so looks like its more time replacing files.

if you havent set your default region correctly it will mutliply by 3 #

You will need to configure: Admin panel > Configuration > Shipping / Packaging

#. You will need the correct Indiv Ship Home Country code

the country code are in the 4.3 doc

Is there anything planned for making this awesome mod work for 2.3? I really like this Contrib and I am hoping so.

i have installed it on a 2.3 store and its working fine

if you follow the 4.5 guide you will find it doesnt work, but the answers are in this thread for most of it and you can also use file compare software to match your files to the new install ones this is what i did

I'm trying to implement this but it doesn't seem to work. Has something changed since this was created that would make it void?

if im correct you have to add this code to the indvship.php to

at line 71 $products = $cart->get_products(); below that

catalog/includes/modules/shipping/indviship.php

so it would look like this

// BB Start - Set first shipping price = second shipping price for all prods other than first prod with max shipping price - Start by determining index of max shipping price
$maxship = '0';
$i_maxship = 0;
if (($products[$i]['products_ship_price']) > $maxship) {
$maxship = ($products[$i]['products_ship_price']);
$i_maxship = $i;
}
}
// Here we set all ship prices to second ship price for entries other than the index determined above
if ($i != $i_maxship) {
$products[$i]['products_ship_price'] = $products[$i]['products_ship_price_two'];
}
}

// BB End - Set first shipping price

Edited by saupe31

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

I installed this on 2.3.1 and all looked like it installed without a glitch execpt that after I put zip, ship, additional ship fields in admin and save, when I go back it is all blank, no shipping fees nor zip. Your help is appreciated.

Charles