• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] individual product shipping prices

I've added the module and it's working properly for a single zone (UK). My client also wants rates for other countries. Looking at the code, it seems this can be done by defining zones and adding tax rates - would this be correct?

The alternative appears to be to create a module for each zone defined so there is an Individual Product Shipping - Zone 2, Individual Product Shipping - Zone 3 etc etc. I'm not entirely certain of how to do this, and if, as I suspect, my client has individual prices for countries, it's going to be rather messy.

Has anyone done this or is there an alternative solution? Do I have to write an alternative solution?

I have had individual_Product_Shipping_v4.3 on and working now for a while and I just installed the Order Editor v 5.0.6 and when I click on edit in the admin I get this error.

Fatal error: Call to undefined method shipping::get_shiptotal() in catalog/includes/modules/shipping/indvship.php on line 53

Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it? Please help! :'(

• 1 month later...

What am I doing wrong? This is my first time with osCommerce and the whole php and code stuff. A Very Green Newb!

-I use Dreamweaver CS3 to modify my files

-I downloaded the latest version and replaced my files with the ones provided in the zip file.

-Created a new table in phpMyAdmin as products_shipping.

-In the Admin Panel of my site I installed the Individual Shipping module

-The following shipping modules appears in each product in my catalog:

TEXT_PRODUCTS_ZIPCODE___________ null

Indv. Shipping Price:____________notnull

Each Additional Price:___________notnull

**Hopefully this is displaying right****

-In the documentation for v4.3 it asks to modify a table. What Table? with this code:

INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Indiv Ship Home Country', 'INDIVIDUAL_SHIP_HOME_COUNTRY', '223', 'Individual ship home country ID (other countries will have extra freight)', 7, NULL, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', NULL, NULL);

INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Indiv Ship Outside Home Increase', 'INDIVIDUAL_SHIP_INCREASE', '3', 'Individual ship x increase for shipping outside home country. For example: If you set your item ship price to $50 and this value to 3 and ship outside your home country they will pay $150, and if this value was 2, they would pay $100.', 7, NULL, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', NULL, NULL);

-When viewing my shopping cart in the browser I get the following error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_show_category() (previously declared in /home/STORE_Name/public_html/includes/header.php:214) in /home/STORE_NAME/public_html/includes/boxes/categories.php on line 13

• 2 weeks later...
Well if I had played around with the mod more I might have noticed that it does Include the "individual product shipping" just never shows up in the checkout. I only noticed after the purchase was in its confirmed state. Any way to show or display the zone fee on the shipping checkout as like in my case + $120.00. Just to remind the user that this extra cost is added to whatever method of shipment they choose?

Has anyone done that? or know how?

I have the same issue. Anyone have any ideas no how to accomplish this?

I installed the module and replaced files (after I did a backup). I actually set shipping fees for about 6 products. Then when I went back into the Cart and Admin Panel, I get errors on both sides.

My Cart error is this:

Server Requirement Error: register_globals is disabled in your PHP configuration. This can be enabled in your php.ini configuration file or in the .htaccess file in your catalog directory.

My Admin Panel gives me this error:

1146 - Table 'downstre_vlstore.TABLE_ADMINISTRATORS' doesn't exist

select id from TABLE_ADMINISTRATORS limit 1

[TEP STOP]

I have no idea what caused these errors. I was adding to the Admin side, then it all went to s**t.

Can someone please point me in the right direction?

I am getting this error message whenever I try to view a product from the shop side.

Can someone please assist?

Warning: require(includes/languages/.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/fhlinux170/m/mmlsecure.com/user/htdocs/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 294

Warning: require(includes/languages/.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/fhlinux170/m/mmlsecure.com/user/htdocs/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 294

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/languages/.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /home/fhlinux170/m/mmlsecure.com/user/htdocs/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 294

I have Osc 2.2 rc1 installed and the problem only appeared when I installed v4.3.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by zippie76

• 3 weeks later...

Hello!

I successfully installed indvship_full_1_2.zip and all is fine! I just cannot find out why it

calculates the individual shipping costs to 3.57€ when I say in the admin it should be

1 Euro?

What factor is this and where does it come from? This is a german shop and german

is the standard currency. We have a19% taxrate.

Does somebody have a clue on this?

Kind regards

Andreas

Hello!

I successfully installed indvship_full_1_2.zip and all is fine! I just cannot find out why it

calculates the individual shipping costs to 3.57€ when I say in the admin it should be

1 Euro?

What factor is this and where does it come from? This is a german shop and german

is the standard currency. We have a19% taxrate.

Does somebody have a clue on this?

Kind regards

Andreas

I just found out it is exactly a factor of 3 without 19% taxrate.

Where does this factor come from?

Kind regards

Andreas

• 3 weeks later...
I installed the module and replaced files (after I did a backup). I actually set shipping fees for about 6 products. Then when I went back into the Cart and Admin Panel, I get errors on both sides.

My Cart error is this:

Server Requirement Error: register_globals is disabled in your PHP configuration. This can be enabled in your php.ini configuration file or in the .htaccess file in your catalog directory.

My Admin Panel gives me this error:

1146 - Table 'downstre_vlstore.TABLE_ADMINISTRATORS' doesn't exist

select id from TABLE_ADMINISTRATORS limit 1

[TEP STOP]

I have no idea what caused these errors. I was adding to the Admin side, then it all went to s**t.

Can someone please point me in the right direction?

I got the same error. I have added

define('TABLE_ADMINISTRATORS', 'administrators');

to catalog/admin/includes/database_tables.php. It worked.

Now, I'm getting the following error when adding a new product.

1366 - Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'products_ship_methods_id' at row 1

insert into products_shipping (products_ship_zip, products_ship_methods_id, products_ship_price, products_ship_price_two, products_id) values ('600001', '', '10', '1', '7')

[TEP STOP]

How to fix this ??? Please help me.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anybody find how to get a maximum cost for TOTAL postage?

So if some customer buy "product 1" with 7,- shipping cost and other - "product 2" with 5,- Euro it must be 7,- Euro.

How to get it?

• 2 weeks later...

After i did the install I went to access my Admin and i get this error.

Warning: main(includes/classes/navigation_history.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
in /var/hsphere/local/home/bpbponli/bpbponline.com/catalog/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 135

Warning: main(includes/classes/navigation_history.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
in /var/hsphere/local/home/bpbponli/bpbponline.com/catalog/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 135

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/classes/navigation_history.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php')

please, help im cant do anything without my admin panel.

i have checked and the navigation_history.php file does exist in the correct place.

Edited by shana.jk

Hello,

I've run into a problem on the checkout_shipping.php page with any product that is set with zero shipping cost.

I've successfully set up the product pages on my site to display the individual shipping price or display a Free Shipping message when the price is set to zero.

However, if a customer orders a product with free shipping, the checkout_shipping.php page shows this message under the Shipping Method:

"This is currently the only shipping method available to use on this order."

No other shipping info is displayed and when the customer clicks continue, it will just reload the page and will not continue to the payment page and they can not complete the order.

Now, if the customer orders a product with a shipping rate or includes another item with shipping in their order, the message under the Shipping Method displays the following:

"This is currently the only shipping method available to use on this order.

Individual Shipping

Flat Shipping Rate $15.00 "

Does anyone know how to get this to work properly?

It seems like it should be simple just to display "Flat Shipping Rate $0.00" when the individual shipping rate is set to zero. Ideally, I'd like to have this display a text message "Free Shipping" instead of the zero just the way that it works on the product info page.

Thanks in advance!

Pete

Should my insert Product page look this way??

It reads as normal and under Product Name i have this...

TEXT_PRODUCTS_ZIPCODE [input box] null

Indv. Shipping Price: [input box] null

Each Additional Price: [input box] null

The only error im seem to be getting is when clicking "Checkout" It happens while on catalog/checkout_shipping.php

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource
in /var/hsphere/local/home/bpbponli/bpbponline.com/catalog/includes/classes/shipping.php on line 33

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource
in /var/hsphere/local/home/bpbponli/bpbponline.com/catalog/includes/classes/shipping.php on line 66

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: get_shiptotal() in /var/hsphere/local/home/bpbponli/bpbponline.com/
catalog/includes/modules/shipping/indvship.php on line 53

are the two issures related?

Edited by shana.jk

The only error im seem to be getting is when clicking "Checkout" It happens while on catalog/checkout_shipping.php

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource
in /var/hsphere/local/home/bpbponli/bpbponline.com/catalog/includes/classes/shipping.php on line 33

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource
in /var/hsphere/local/home/bpbponli/bpbponline.com/catalog/includes/classes/shipping.php on line 66

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: get_shiptotal() in /var/hsphere/local/home/bpbponli/bpbponline.com/

Here is Line 33 on catalog/includes/classes/shipping.php

while($rec = mysql_fetch_array($query)){

Here is Line 66 on catalog/includes/classes/shipping.php

if(mysql_num_rows($query)==0 || in_array(str_replace('.php','',$val),$allow_mod_array)) {

Here is Line 53 on catalog/includes/modules/shipping/indvship.php

$shiptotal = $shipping_modules->get_shiptotal();

It reads as normal and under Product Name i have this...

TEXT_PRODUCTS_ZIPCODE [input box] null

Indv. Shipping Price: [input box] null

Each Additional Price: [input box] null

are the two issues related?

here's a link to my site if anyone needs it... http://www.bpbponline.com/catalog

Btw... i have solved the Access to the admin area issue.

Still waiting for help on the problem with "Check Out"...

errors on catalog/checkout_shipping.php

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resourcein /var/hsphere/local/home/bpbponli/bpbponline.com/catalog/includes/classes/shipping.php on line 33Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resourcein /var/hsphere/local/home/bpbponli/bpbponline.com/catalog/includes/classes/shipping.php on line 66Fatal error: Call to undefined function: get_shiptotal() in /var/hsphere/local/home/bpbponli/bpbponline.com/catalog/includes/modules/shipping/indvship.php on line 53

can someone point me to the latest full download of this contribution?

I installed the "Home Country bug fix" and then merged the "shipping class bug fix"... but getting the errors as posted the above posts.

Edited by shana.jk

• 1 month later...
I have a slight problem with this shipping module. No matter what I set my shipping price to, every time you go to check out it will display a shipping price of $0.00 I am hoping someone else out there has had this problem and knows a quick fix. Thanks for any help!

Did this ever get solved anywhere? I just installed it and am getting the same thing .. even though the prices were imput and it even gives a statement of the costs in the product itself .. it is not adding it to the cart shipping for some reason, and I am no coding pro by any means, I can wittle my way through some common errors and thats about it.

I am using RC1 as well, does anyone have it working on RC1 yet?

I am having the same issues here? Does anyone have any input? I have seen several posts in this topic about this same problem but never seen a solution. There must be a solution if lots of people are using this contribution??

Anyone please?

Thank you.

Keith Gallant

Hi

I installed this contribution and it works great.

Now I would like to use it with Multi Vendor Shipping.

In the introduction it says:"Intigration with the contribution 'multi-vendor shipping' is also explained."

Where can I find that explanation?

Marja

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I love the Contribution but I am pulling my hair out - what I have left of it anyway.

He calculations are all good, but I cannot get the shipping charges to show on checkout confirmation. The amount is added to the total, it just does not appear.

Any suggestions?

Jeff

Contributions I use: DynaMenus - Light Box - Best Sellers Content Box - Related Products 3.2 - UPS XML - Secure Admin Login - Vendor Locator - Graphical Borders.

Hi Im just downloaded this mod...and after browsing the board Im not sure if it will do what i need..cant see a clear answer to my question....sooooo.... Im hoping to get an answer here first rather than install it to find its not what I need

90% of my sales are dvd's ... so i am using priority mail..setting it to charge a 4.00 handling fee, and and a shipping cost of 1.00

that in effect makes it 5.00 for the first dvd and 1.00 for each additional dvd

thats exactly what i need for that 90% of my products.... its simple and works well

the problem is with the other 10%, that can weight more and are gen. larger than a dvd

what I am after is a method that will run along side using priority mail, in other words for lack of a better term.. I simply want to add additional shipping on to a few items without changing my current setup..... and thats what I could not see m to figure out..... does this mod run along side my current shipping method so both can be used at the same time

so can i just add an extra 2.00 shipping for example to a product, and have the shipping total be higher without presenting additional shipping options to the customer... I only offer priority mail and do not want any alternatives....

(and no I can not use weight as any kind of factor because for my category sorting...i use weight to sort by then use the weight option to force the sort order.... so doing any kind of weight add on is out)

so I would appreciate a heads up before I install this..thanks

Hello...anyone? Hello???

still need a little help on this one please:)

Hi Im just downloaded this mod...and after browsing the board Im not sure if it will do what i need..cant see a clear answer to my question....sooooo.... Im hoping to get an answer here first rather than install it to find its not what I need

90% of my sales are dvd's ... so i am using priority mail..setting it to charge a 4.00 handling fee, and and a shipping cost of 1.00

that in effect makes it 5.00 for the first dvd and 1.00 for each additional dvd

thats exactly what i need for that 90% of my products.... its simple and works well

the problem is with the other 10%, that can weight more and are gen. larger than a dvd

what I am after is a method that will run along side using priority mail, in other words for lack of a better term.. I simply want to add additional shipping on to a few items without changing my current setup..... and thats what I could not see m to figure out..... does this mod run along side my current shipping method so both can be used at the same time

so can i just add an extra 2.00 shipping for example to a product, and have the shipping total be higher without presenting additional shipping options to the customer... I only offer priority mail and do not want any alternatives....

(and no I can not use weight as any kind of factor because for my category sorting...i use weight to sort by then use the weight option to force the sort order.... so doing any kind of weight add on is out)

so I would appreciate a heads up before I install this..thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
LATEST UPDATE

I have now got the mod to work - having re-installed it all from scratch.

BUT - does anyone know how I can lose the �0.0000 in the mod so it only shows �0.00.

The OSC is configured to show �0.00 but the mod insists on adding the extra zero's. If this was confined to the admin section I would not bother so much, but I have included the mod that puts the postage automatically on to the product page and it looks untidy there.

I can not find where the 0.0000 is actually generated from - please help.

John

I have this problem. How can I show only 0.00 format.

I spent hours to fix this... but could not find solution.