• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Australia anyone installed v4 ?

FrankiezAU

• 1 month later...

I must say that I find this particular package quite challenging to fully comprehend. However, I am still very much interested in exploring the possibilities of this software. Would it be possible to have access to some real-life examples of shops that have been created using this package, as opposed to the more simplistic demos that are typically included? I believe that this would be a tremendous help in allowing me to better understand the full range of capabilities that this software has to offer.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been trying to test this new version of Oscommerce on a windows machine using a wamp or xamp server but it wont let me test it, as such if I cant test it to iron out any bugs before going live then I am sticking with 2.3.4.1 or going Phoenix cart or will look for another system.

• 5 months later...
On 5/9/2023 at 6:09 PM, FrankiezAU said:

I was hoping to see about the shipping module if it is integrating correctly with Australia Post 

I'm working on this right now. I have my shop up and running, but it's basically a lightly modified "watch" theme. Which is fine because I don't need anything custom.
However I'm currently having to use flat rate shipping which is going to bite me in the bum eventually. So I'm looking to port over the Australia Post module from Zen (they are very similar).
I've got it to the point where the modules will activate, but they aren't working. Unfortunately, the logging in this application seems very poor, so I have no idea why it's not working.
Right now I'm unable to post to any of the 4.x forums, so finding it hard to get support. I'm also not sure how willing anyone will be to support me because it looks as though a module like this would be a paid-for module if it was released by OSC.

I'm planning to just release it for free when I get it working.