• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

new update crashed

jimdanforth

Let me summarize for everyone.

The update to v4.12.56860 is a large update and the update script may be force terminated due your php settings (memory_limit must be more that 400M) or web server limits.

If the update was successful, you will see something like this:

image.thumb.png.7c0c302db232ef3c68c25417331201fc.png

Otherwise, most likely the script was forcibly terminated, the update is not fully completed and your frontend and backend are most likely not working 😢

What can you do

1. Copy the file update_from_55725_to_56860_version.zip from uploads folder to the site root

2. unzip it and overwrite all files if it asks.

To unzip use this bash commands:

cd your_site_root

unzip -o update_from_55725_to_56860_version.zip

If you have not access to command line, you can upload the attached file extract_zip.php to the root dir and run it from your browser https://you_site/extract_zip.php

You have to see the line <path>/update_from_55725_to_56860_version.zip extracted to <path> in your browser

3. If it restores the admin panel, login, go to Settings -> Cache Control, select Migrations apply and click Flush button

If you still could not login, you should run this commands:

cd you_site_root
php yii.php migrate

and type yes when it asks you to confirm

If you have not access to command line, you can upload the attached file apply_migrations56860.php to the root dir and run it from your browser: https://you_site/apply_migrations56860.php

if you don't see the Finish in the end of the page, send me a screenshot or saved html page and log files from here lib/console/runtime/logs/*.log.

4. Your frontend and backend should be restored. So, login to the backend, go to Settings->Cache control and flush all cache

extract_zip.php apply_migrations56860.php

15 hours ago, pandrei said:

The update to v4.12.56860 is a large update and the update script may be force terminated due your php settings

Hello everybody,

my update to 56860 failed because of the following errors:

File lib/common/modules/orderShipping/flat.php checksum mismatch.Ignore
File lib/common/modules/orderShipping/freeshipper.php checksum mismatch.Ignore
File lib/common/modules/orderShipping/zonetable.php checksum mismatch.Ignore

The issue seems a little different than the one you had: should I ignore those mismatches or would that give me other issues?

Thank you

1 hour ago, mendoh said:

The issue seems a little different than the one you had: should I ignore those mismatches or would that give me other issues?

The issue is different. You can do the force update, but check your that your memory_limit is more than 400M in Settings->Tools->Server info

image.png.2b87ff665ce7433b2668028243a0340a.png

If it is less, try to change it into root .htaccess:

image.png.a2793a5536730e72b6de431f838e826a.png

1 hour ago, pandrei said:

You can do the force update, but check your that your memory_limit is more than 400M in Settings->Tools->Server info

Dear Andrei,

thanks for your fast reply and heads-up!

After checking, it turns out I have 256M instead of >400: shall I ask my host to change that or follow your summarized recommendations?

After solving the memory limit issue, can you double-confirm that forcing the update will not give additional issues?

Thanks again

Dear Mendoh,

59 minutes ago, mendoh said:

After checking, it turns out I have 256M instead of >400: shall I ask my host to change that or follow your summarized recommendations?

You can try to change it yourself by editing root .htaccess as I wrote in the previous message. After editing, check Server Info again to make sure the changes have taken effect.

1 hour ago, mendoh said:

After solving the memory limit issue, can you double-confirm that forcing the update will not give additional issues?

The update contains the latest versions of files. So, the forced update should not lead to issues.

But if you have made some self-made changes INSIDE those .php files, they will be lost.

5 hours ago, pandrei said:

You can try to change it yourself by editing root .htaccess as I wrote in the previous message.

I have edited both "php_value memory_limit 512M" instances inside .htaccess and did the same on host side.

What I get is this: 

image.png.35afaddaab3d5bef26fb5a1caa62a963.png

that is: while "Master" ha actually upgraded to a 512M limit, "Local" stays at 256M.

Can you suggest what else to check?

Thank you