• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Paypal integration

jimdanforth

15 hours ago, Ivan Holbi said:

Hi Jim,

We checked and since it works in the test environment it will require the further investigation in your live environment. Are you prepaid to pay for this investigation?

Best regards,

Ivan

I processed an order on the live server.  Customer does not get any email nor do I.  Customer gets successfull checkout screen.  The payment does NOT show in my paypal account, and CANNOT be captured.  I cannot tell if the customer's account was charged!  I do not want to reprocess for fear the customer is double charged.  Now I have a very urgent situation.

with 3DS enabled, verythig looks fine when customer checks out, but paypal shows the cart is refusing the payment.  With 3DS disabled, it generates the error payment could not be captured.

I removed and re-added the paypal module and re-connected it and same results.

If I change the "fields" option to vertical  the checkout fails with 

• This card can't be used for your payment. Please add a different debit or credit card.

1 hour ago, CHD-UK said:

Cheers Jim, I thought you might be BETA testing the pro module, hence the anomalies.    I'll probably go through the setup later this week and report if I have positive anything to add.
Hope you manage to get to the bottom of this soon.

I would massively appreciate that.  I've probably got 1000 hours into this and it's completely stopping me.  I've been an online retailer for 23 years and used oscommerce back in the origins and helped with some development concepts.  I had zencart running so well I stopped updates and now I'm too far behind. If I had to start fresh I wanted to go back to os.

On 5/18/2023 at 8:19 PM, jimdanforth said:

Well, mostly working.  emails dont go out.  If I edit the order and send updates, it does send the emails.  So I and customer do not get notifications.

Hi Jim,

We checked from our end and it looks like everything works as it should.

As far as we can see you tested it with the following order.

From this order we understood that you changed the order status to Completed Orders / Process for shipment from multip and you did not receive the corresponding email after that.

If you open this order status in the admin area:

you can see that no email template is chosen for this order status. Please see the screenshot below.

image.png.c407ebed4aac3b8dada6da8e8cfadc86.png

if you set this order status in the admin area only please choose the template from the Admin email template drop down list and the system will send the corresponding emails then. 

Best regards,

Ivan

@Ivan Holbii just tested back-to-back orders.  Both use the "payment complete" email template.  If I select cash on delivery, the emails go out fine. If I pay via paypal/credit card the emails do not send.  It should be using everything the same, with only the payment module different.  The payment is posting correctly, and if I update the order as you saw it will send the email.  

It seems to me the paypal confirmation is not completeing the process for OScommerce to update, however since the status is updated, I'm at a loss. 

I am now able to operate around this problem, I just have to manually send the customer the email by logging in to see the new orders and update the status.

Heres the order that did NOT email until manual update:

image.png.19d1d065034f92fb65d11638698232bd.png

And heres the one that did mail correctly:

image.png.e96c04b8ebd16416aafdaec7ca27534b.png