• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Paypal integration

jimdanforth

Ive been on zencart for far too long and have been building on v4 oscommerce since it as launched.

Pretty much all is go, but the way paypal is processing.  

On zencart, paypal is completely masked if paying by card.  My customers cannot see the processor. The enter data into my site and paypal pre processes on the backend and I can finalize order on backend.

However with OSCommerce, it is using a popup that says paypal, and cutomers are thinking they need a paypal account, or at a minimum it looks just a little less professional to me.

Am I missing something?

• 2 weeks later...

Realized today that when using a credit card, paypal processing is failing.  @Ivan Holbi

I had the site live and had to roll back to old site in an emergency.  Could really use some help urgently.

The pp log shows several entries with mostly :

PayPal\Core\PayPalHttpConnection : DEBUG: No Request Payload

I would greatly prefer to get the pro module that works like my zen cart and the customers enter all data on our website and it is sent for processing silently.

JImD

Not sure what I did but the fields sometimes show and other times they do not for pay with credit card.  

But submitting  yields

Payment could not be captured. UNPROCESSABLE_ENTITY

or 

Payment could not be captured. Specified resource ID does not exist. Please check the resource ID and try again.

On 4/4/2023 at 8:51 PM, jimdanforth said:

Ive been on zencart for far too long and have been building on v4 oscommerce since it as launched.

Pretty much all is go, but the way paypal is processing.  

On zencart, paypal is completely masked if paying by card.  My customers cannot see the processor. The enter data into my site and paypal pre processes on the backend and I can finalize order on backend.

However with OSCommerce, it is using a popup that says paypal, and cutomers are thinking they need a paypal account, or at a minimum it looks just a little less professional to me.

Am I missing something?

Hi Jim,

Yes, you are right. When you pay via PayPal in v4 osCommerce you get the PayPal pop where it is written that if you do not have a PayPal account you can pay with a credit card or create a PayPal account. We do not have such a module that masks PayPal if paying by card. 

Best regards,

Ivan

22 hours ago, jimdanforth said:

Realized today that when using a credit card, paypal processing is failing.  @Ivan Holbi

I had the site live and had to roll back to old site in an emergency.  Could really use some help urgently.

I would greatly prefer to get the pro module that works like my zen cart and the customers enter all data on our website and it is sent for processing silently.

JImD

Hi Jim,

We are still checking the issues you reported. As soon as I have more information I will let you know.

Best regards,

Ivan

On 4/12/2023 at 9:18 PM, jimdanforth said:

JImD

Hi Jim,

This issue should be fixed with the next osCommerce version update.

Best regards,

Ivan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/26/2023 at 3:37 AM, Ivan Holbi said:

Hi Jim,

Hopefully the new osCommerce version will be released this week.

Best regards,

Ivan

After the update and manual fix from Andrei's instructions, this problem is "sort of" solved.  Now All card transactions just get
Payment could not be captured.

Standard paypal transactions work, so I believe the credentials are correct.

On 5/6/2023 at 7:40 PM, jimdanforth said:

After the update and manual fix from Andrei's instructions, this problem is "sort of" solved.  Now All card transactions just get

Hi Jim,

Please provide us with the following files:

lib\common\modules\orderPayment\paypal_partner.php

lib\common\modules\orderPayment\lib\PaypalPartnerTraitAPM.php

or PM me with your ftp/control panel for us to check it further.

Best regards,

Ivan

2 hours ago, Ivan Holbi said:

Hi Jim,

Please provide us with the following files:

lib\common\modules\orderPayment\paypal_partner.php

lib\common\modules\orderPayment\lib\PaypalPartnerTraitAPM.php

or PM me with your ftp/control panel for us to check it further.

Best regards,

Ivan

PM sent

On 5/6/2023 at 7:40 PM, jimdanforth said:

Hi Jim,

We checked and in the test mode it works as it should.

We would recommend you to switch on 3DS and try the larger amounts (for example, 10-50 cents) since the small amounts are not paid with the credit cards (banks do not allow them).

Best regards,

Ivan

34 minutes ago, Ivan Holbi said:

Hi Jim,

We checked and in the test mode it works as it should.

We would recommend you to switch on 3DS and try the larger amounts (for example, 10-50 cents) since the small amounts are not paid with the credit cards (banks do not allow them).

Best regards,

Ivan

I will try that.  I did a live test at a much more signficant amount and it failed.  I used the same information on my old system, and it went through correctly.

On 5/9/2023 at 11:01 PM, jimdanforth said:

I enabled 3DS and the order will show complete on customer's side, but sticks at "Redirected at payment gateway" and no confirmation emails are sent.

Hi Jim,

We checked and since it works in the test environment it will require the further investigation in your live environment. Are you prepaid to pay for this investigation?

Best regards,

Ivan

1 hour ago, warleb2 said:

Ivan,  Does payment gateways like worldpay offer on site debit/credit card entry?  Or is there some external pop up like paypal.  

Hi Steve,

Different payment methods work differently and can be set up in different ways. It is possible to make popup open for entering the credit card data, it is also possible to make the system redirect to the payment system website for entering the credit card data there. Some payment gateways like Stripe or Opayo by Elavon allow to enter the credit card data directly on the checkout page. PayPal also allows to pay with with credit card in the popup without having a PayPal account.

Best regards,

Ivan

6 hours ago, Ivan Holbi said:

Hi Jim,

We checked and since it works in the test environment it will require the further investigation in your live environment. Are you prepaid to pay for this investigation?

Best regards,

Ivan

Ill send a private message