• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Theme display problem

Jack_mcs

I created a theme by duplicating the Furniture theme and made changes to it. When I view the result using the popup in the editor, my changes are seen. But when I click on the Themes link, my theme is shown with the appearance of the original Furniture theme. Clicking into the editor shows it still has my changes.

But the main problem is that if I go to Sales Channels  and click the link for this theme, it displays the original Furniture theme. I have deleted all of the other sales channels since I recall there was a problem with this in a previous version of V4 but that didn't help. If I click on the choose theme for this sales channel, the theme with my new name is listed but it displays the original Furniture appearance.

So, the bottom line is that my new theme only shows correctly in the theme editor. Everywhere else it shows the original theme. I have cleared all cache. How do I get my new theme to show in all relevant places?

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

On 3/25/2023 at 3:53 AM, Jack_mcs said:

I created a theme by duplicating the Furniture theme and made changes to it. When I view the result using the popup in the editor, my changes are seen. But when I click on the Themes link, my theme is shown with the appearance of the original Furniture theme. Clicking into the editor shows it still has my changes.

But the main problem is that if I go to Sales Channels  and click the link for this theme, it displays the original Furniture theme. I have deleted all of the other sales channels since I recall there was a problem with this in a previous version of V4 but that didn't help. If I click on the choose theme for this sales channel, the theme with my new name is listed but it displays the original Furniture appearance.

So, the bottom line is that my new theme only shows correctly in the theme editor. Everywhere else it shows the original theme. I have cleared all cache. How do I get my new theme to show in all relevant places?

Hi Jack,

We checked from our end and it looks like your theme shows in all relevant places. Could you please provide us with the screenshots as to what you see from your end. Also if you refer to another website that you previously reported please PM me with the corresponding login details to the admin area for us to check it further.

Best regards,

Ivan