• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Convert script timesout

I'm getting a timeout when trying to run oscb156. I've ran it before on this site but had to start over. The only difference I can think of between the two runs is that the site is now using CloudFlare. The live site is working fine. I've attached the log error below. Any thoughts about what it might be?

2023-03-08 18:36:20 [2603:9009:b10:7d00:300a:554a:27ed:e449][-][-][error][yii\base\ErrorException:2] yii\base\ErrorException: mysqli_connect(): (HY000/2002): Network is unreachable in /home/HIDDEN/public_html/jack/compat/database.php:18

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

22 hours ago, Jack_mcs said:

I'm getting a timeout when trying to run oscb156. I've ran it before on this site but had to start over. The only difference I can think of between the two runs is that the site is now using CloudFlare. The live site is working fine. I've attached the log error below. Any thoughts about what it might be?

Hi Jack,

It's error while connecting database. Check that the OSC Bridge finds the actual configure.php file from old osCommerce and that DB_SERVER constant points to actual database server.

2 hours ago, pandrei said:

DB_SERVER constant points to actual database server.

Yes, it does. As mentioned, the live shop, in which the install directory is located, is working fine. Assuming your install code is grabbing DB_SERVER from it, it is correct.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

mysqli_connect function that ends with error is a standard PHP function that connecting to a database. There may be only 2 reasons for that error:

1) The database host is correct but the remote machine is unreachable due network error or system failure

2) The database host is incorrect. For example, the standard configure.php file was renamed or oscb finds the old configure.php file.

Your database host is a localhost or a remote IP?

Does this error repeat every time or was it once?

16 hours ago, pandrei said:

1) The database host is correct but the remote machine is unreachable due network error or system failure

As mentioned, the script is in a sub-directory of a working shop.

2) The database host is incorrect. For example, the standard configure.php file was renamed or oscb finds the old configure.php file.

I uploaded a test script in the sbu-directory and it found and read the shops database fine.

localhost

Every time.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/9/2023 at 10:41 PM, pandrei said:

mysqli_connect function that ends with error is a standard PHP function that connecting to a database. There may be only 2 reasons for that error:

🥴

Edited by Jan Zonjee
spam link