• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Email Formatting

MrMayberry

Ok it appears to be email formatting and ability to send the orders or confirmations?

It use to look like this:

image.png.06a8217a6aa9fa2b0f7109c67b8ac35c.png

Now it doesn't send email to customer, and this is sent to store owner with bad formatting? The additional email for order's doesn't receive anything?

image.png.2d4c4448d939eb1a025e65b61013c5f1.png

I did add a couple add-ons from the app store the other day: 

image.thumb.png.2d15deb984322b96694ac6e72478d29c.png

Any ides would be appreciated, we planned going live tomorrow AM???

Thanks in advance...

18 hours ago, MrMayberry said:

I am getting emails with a lot of HTML coding exposed see below? Any fixes or comments?

Could you show the email template and its design?

1) To show email template go to Admin > Design and CMS > E-mail templates and edit Order confirmation template

2) To show design go to Admin > Design and CMS > Themes, click Pages button and select Email/Email

15 hours ago, pandrei said:

Could you show the email template and its design?

1) To show email template go to Admin > Design and CMS > E-mail templates and edit Order confirmation template

2) To show design go to Admin > Design and CMS > Themes, click Pages button and select Email/Email

Here is the Order Confirmation template:

image.thumb.png.5de3bcb3a36a9a28f1d263fde6f67e59.png

And here is the design:

image.thumb.png.88a6f509896e003dbf596ec10bbe85ff.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated, it may be due to one of those updates that has the email not working?

It's strange:

1) I see the test lines (see attached image) into your first image but I did not see ones into the email and design templates

2) The email sent to the owner and the buyer must be the same, but they are different in your case. I see that you showed the emails for different orders, but the form must be the same.

3) What value is in Send Extra Order Emails To field of the Edit sales channel page? (Sales Channels -> Your sales channel -> Edit) Maybe there are the spaces or other invisible characters?

email.png

3 hours ago, pandrei said:

It's strange:

1) I see the test lines (see attached image) into your first image but I did not see ones into the email and design templates

2) The email sent to the owner and the buyer must be the same, but they are different in your case. I see that you showed the emails for different orders, but the form must be the same.

3) What value is in Send Extra Order Emails To field of the Edit sales channel page? (Sales Channels -> Your sales channel -> Edit) Maybe there are the spaces or other invisible characters?

email.png

This is what is in that area: (I think I read somewhere that the Extra order email may have to go to the same domain?)

image.png.63f947a8db982a1e2b957f86200caec9.png

So it appears that the emails all have this broken "html" in all emails coming out of the software, even my demo site which is 4.08? Maybe it is a server/php setting?

Even the login email has it:

image.thumb.png.e9ea89be9a308f1d35a28c48f21c1049.png

image.thumb.png.4b19a64fc5effadf6433566ce4290c34.png

Edited by MrMayberry

22 hours ago, MrMayberry said:

This is what is in that area: (I think I read somewhere that the Extra order email may have to go to the same domain?)

Yes, it is desirable. Otherwise, you may end up on the spammers list.

3 hours ago, MrMayberry said:

So it appears that the emails all have this broken "html" in all emails coming out of the software, even my demo site which is 4.08? Maybe it is a server/php setting?

Could you show the page Admin -> Settings -> Configuration -> E-Mail Options?

51 minutes ago, MrMayberry said:

Yes I do have access.

Let's try to check sending mail via sendmail.

I've attached two files:

1. Place it in home dir

2. Edit test.sh file and change the emails into the first and the second lines

3. Use chmod to add execute flag

chmod +x test.sh

4. And run the test

5. Check your email. You should receive a html email

It's a simple email structure. If everything is OK, we will try to send a multipart email (just like osCommerce sends)

contents.html test.sh

50 minutes ago, pandrei said:

Let's try to check sending mail via sendmail.

I've attached two files:

1. Place it in home dir

2. Edit test.sh file and change the emails into the first and the second lines

3. Use chmod to add execute flag

chmod +x test.sh

4. And run the test

5. Check your email. You should receive a html email

It's a simple email structure. If everything is OK, we will try to send a multipart email (just like osCommerce sends)

contents.html 2.51 kB · 0 downloads test.sh 323 B · 0 downloads

I was able to follow the instructions and the email was sent and received:

image.png.3e061191369d199f6c1c0c5a24276fa9.png

Please advise...

6 minutes ago, pandrei said:

Let's check multipart email sending. I've attached two files, please follow the same steps to send an email, but use test2.sh instead of test.sh

test2.sh 403 B · 0 downloads contents2.txt 9.89 kB · 0 downloads

It appears this one is working also: (No images but still looks/formats correctly)

image.thumb.png.52a8a294ffc2f5b89eab5ce7dc511b94.png

Thanks again for the assist...

4 hours ago, pandrei said:

Well, the latest test3.sh generates exactly the same email as original osCommerce does.

Are you sure you did not change php files that processing email sending?

Not to my knowledge, I have not updated any files manually? I did the updates accordingly and here we are? They have a thread going with Ivan and mendoh about not being able to send emails? Could they be having the same trouble?

7 hours ago, MrMayberry said:

Not to my knowledge, I have not updated any files manually? I did the updates accordingly and here we are? They have a thread going with Ivan and mendoh about not being able to send emails? Could they be having the same trouble?

No, it's another problem. You receive the emails but they are not well formatted.

We know now that your sendmail works fine with the original osCommerce emails.

Could you give me the access to FTP and to admin panel?