Jump to content
  • Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

osCommerce 4.11 release


Recommended Posts

osCommerce 4.11 has been released.

Download your own or use "Host with osCommerce" to have it installed on one of our servers for you.

We have implemented a great deal of fixes and improvements there!

New features, changes, and fixes are described in osCommerce Wiki: 
https://wiki.oscommerce.com/index.php?title=Change_Log

To upgrade from osCommerce 4.x proceed with the following:

1. Connect to the App Shop:
https://wiki.oscommerce.com/index.php?title=Connecting_to_App_Shop

2. Choose the "System Update" tab of the App Shop menu 

3. Press the "Update now" button to initiate the update 

A great deal of changes, and new features comes with this release. 

We truly appreciate help and support from the members of osCommerce community. Your feedback helps us build a better osCommerce!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...
22 hours ago, herbsandhelpers said:

I notice that in my shop I am being asked to update to 4.12? When I press the update button I get some items in red and at the bottom being told that the update has been aborted. Can you advise what to do?

If you did not change these files manually, you can just press force update link.

But it is a heavy upgrade (it contains over 29000 files) and I suggest you increase the value of the memory_limit PHP option before upgrading, as suggested in these comments:

https://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/499062-new-update-crashed/?do=findComment&comment=1832100

https://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/499062-new-update-crashed/?do=findComment&comment=1832130

Edited by pandrei
Link to comment
Share on other sites

OK, where now,

I was under the impression the system update succussfully installed because that is what it said, what it didn't say is what system update . The above post caused me to check this is what I see;

image.thumb.png.6d8e78571f24877118c5cb7d9c27494c.png

 

And this when I clicked the "Update Now"

Shop installation date: 2023-03-28 10:16:34

Current version 4.12.55725 updated at 2023-05-05 14:18:59 - show updates log

update_from_55725_to_56860_version.zip

Update now

 

Check updates for 55725
Update found. File update_from_55725_to_56860_version.zip already downloaded.

Not sure what I have installed

What needs done at this point, the zip file is down loaded 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/17/2023 at 3:36 PM, Ken Shea said:
Not sure what I have installed

What needs done at this point, the zip file is down loaded 

It seems the latest update has not been applied or has not been not applied completely.

You can apply it again. But check the memory_limit option is greater than 400M

On 6/16/2023 at 4:37 PM, pandrei said:

But it is a heavy upgrade (it contains over 29000 files) and I suggest you increase the value of the memory_limit PHP option before upgrading, as suggested in these comments:

https://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/499062-new-update-crashed/?do=findComment&comment=1832100

https://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/499062-new-update-crashed/?do=findComment&comment=1832130

If you have already applied this patch you will see a lot of red lines - just click on the force update link.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/17/2023 at 3:36 PM, Ken Shea said:

OK, where now,

I was under the impression the system update succussfully installed because that is what it said, what it didn't say is what system update . The above post caused me to check this is what I see;

image.thumb.png.6d8e78571f24877118c5cb7d9c27494c.png

 

And this when I clicked the "Update Now"

Shop installation date: 2023-03-28 10:16:34

Current version 4.12.55725 updated at 2023-05-05 14:18:59 - show updates log

update_from_55725_to_56860_version.zip

Update now

 

Check updates for 55725
Update found. File update_from_55725_to_56860_version.zip already downloaded.

Not sure what I have installed

What needs done at this point, the zip file is down loaded 

This update requires a version PHP 7.4 Check The php version on the server

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, dkodin said:

This update requires a version PHP 7.4 Check The php version on the server

It was the correct PHP V, I did compare the file dates in the latest update zip to the ones installed and am satisfied the update did complete in spite of the appearance it didn't., 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/21/2023 at 11:36 AM, herbsandhelpers said:

Okay after carefully backing up my theme, holding my breath and pressing the force update button...

It seems to have worked, seemed to go smoothly, says it's updated and I still have a functioning shop ...

Hooray!

Lorraine

Great, yes a bit nerve wracking aint it LOL 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

Dare I ask when the new update will be will be?

I don’t want to risk making my shop live only to have it wiped out.
 

Still fixing issues relating to Compare products How? Etc.

I also need Customer Additional fields working.

Thank you!

Lorraine

Edited by herbsandhelpers
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Hello Lorraine and shopkeepers!

The demo version of the osCommerce system can be found at this URL: https://demo.oscommerce.com/admin/install?set=updates.

Shop installation date: 2023-03-07 18:47:14
Current version 4.11.55701

You have latest version of osCommerce
and yet the most recent download for osCommerce is osc_4_12_56860.zip, which I believe to be version v4.12.56860. It is therefore completely unclear why such should show as "You have the most recent version of osCommerce."

If osCommerce v4.12.56860 is the most recent version, has that solved every problem you and others have explicitly presented to Andrei P and osCommerce Official?

P.S.    Has anyone else experienced questionable "new fake customers" spreading on their systems or stores despite the implementation of CAPTCHA and other challenge-response tests?^_^

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Dr. Mary Calaveris said:

Hello Lorraine and shopkeepers!

The demo version of the osCommerce system can be found at this URL: https://demo.oscommerce.com/admin/install?set=updates.

Shop installation date: 2023-03-07 18:47:14
Current version 4.11.55701

You have latest version of osCommerce
and yet the most recent download for osCommerce is osc_4_12_56860.zip, which I believe to be version v4.12.56860. It is therefore completely unclear why such should show as "You have the most recent version of osCommerce."

If osCommerce v4.12.56860 is the most recent version, has that solved every problem you and others have explicitly presented to Andrei P and osCommerce Official?

P.S.    Has anyone else experienced questionable "new fake customers" spreading on their systems or stores despite the implementation of CAPTCHA and other challenge-response tests?^_^

Hi, this version is laters, but this does not means it will be no update. Moreover - new version will be available next week! And yes, this new version will have re-captcha on all user actions, such as, account creating, checkout, guest checkout, etc. Same to you we faced a lot of those "new fake customers". Our clients notify us about it, so we applied a patch what will be uploaded for comunity soon!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/27/2023 at 7:48 AM, VladMal said:

Hi, this version is laters, but this does not means it will be no update. Moreover - new version will be available next week! And yes, this new version will have re-captcha on all user actions, such as, account creating, checkout, guest checkout, etc. Same to you we faced a lot of those "new fake customers". Our clients notify us about it, so we applied a patch what will be uploaded for comunity soon!

There are a significant number of updates we are waiting for in this release.  Some are significant to our operations and have been on hold since the last update in early May.  That update was so large it crashed many systems on update. Can we ask why small updates are not an option instead of large ones?  I certainly appreciate the availability of the software, just trying to set my expectations.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jimdanforth said:

There are a significant number of updates we are waiting for in this release.  Some are significant to our operations and have been on hold since the last update in early May.  That update was so large it crashed many systems on update. Can we ask why small updates are not an option instead of large ones?  I certainly appreciate the availability of the software, just trying to set my expectations.

Thank you for your post and sorry for delay. We already had few builds but our QA rejected them. So we fix more and rebuild. I have got laterst one for checking by QA today, so if it will be fine it will go live really, really soon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/27/2023 at 1:03 AM, Dr. Mary Calaveris said:

Hello Lorraine and shopkeepers!

The demo version of the osCommerce system can be found at this URL: https://demo.oscommerce.com/admin/install?set=updates.

Shop installation date: 2023-03-07 18:47:14
Current version 4.11.55701

You have latest version of osCommerce
and yet the most recent download for osCommerce is osc_4_12_56860.zip, which I believe to be version v4.12.56860. It is therefore completely unclear why such should show as "You have the most recent version of osCommerce."

If osCommerce v4.12.56860 is the most recent version, has that solved every problem you and others have explicitly presented to Andrei P and osCommerce Official?

P.S.    Has anyone else experienced questionable "new fake customers" spreading on their systems or stores despite the implementation of CAPTCHA and other challenge-response tests?^_^

Here you go. V4.13 is life.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • pandrei unpinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...