• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

OSCv4 website email configured with SMTP, all emails get sent straight to spambox and the website host blames it on the OSCv4 engine...

mendoh

15 hours ago, mendoh said:

order confirmation email is sent and gets received almost immediately on the inbox of the email address specified in the active sales channels;

It means that sending mail via smtp works fine.

• at the time when the confirmation email was sent, the frontend/app.log reported the following error: PDOException: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1525 Incorrect DATETIME value: 'now()' in /home/yoursite/yoursite.com/onlineshop/lib/vendor/yiisoft/yii2/db/Command.php:1302
  • at the time when the confirmation email was sent, the frontend/list.log reported the following error:  PDOException: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1525 Incorrect DATETIME value: 'now()' in /home/yoursite/yoursite.com/onlineshop/lib/vendor/yiisoft/yii2/db/Command.php:1302

These errors was occurred into another page, not when sending email

• the hotmail.com email address of the customer who confirmed an order still receives NOTHING;
  • the hotmail.com email address of the customer who confirmed an order is also present in the "Send Extra Order Emails To" field, but once again received NOTHING;

I've registered as user at your shop and received an email immediately but it was marked as SPAM.

I think those emails are successfully sent, but hotmail blocks it for same reasons. Try another email and check for yourself.

On 3/17/2023 at 3:34 PM, pandrei said:

I think those emails are successfully sent, but hotmail blocks it for same reasons.

This may definitely be.

Oddly enough, hotmail has a junkbox folder, however, the blocked order confirmation messages could not be found there at all. 

I will try with another email and let you know... 

9 hours ago, mendoh said:

This may definitely be.

Oddly enough, hotmail has a junkbox folder, however, the blocked order confirmation messages could not be found there at all. 

I will try with another email and let you know... 

I created an account in your shop and immediately received an email but it was marked as spam.  I sent the details in pm

In order for the emails from the contact form not to go into your spam folder, you should send the emails from an address of your own domain and add the email address of the customer as a Reply-To header.

As for the emails from your domain arriving in you customer's inbox, you should have SPF, DKIM and DMARC records set up for your domain ( https://www.cloudflare.com/learning/email-security/dmarc-dkim-spf/ )