• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to redirect back to OS Commerce from payment gateway after transaction has completed?

Saladmoon9

I am developing a custom payment method that calls to a payment gateway to make payment. There is a field that I pass to the payment gateway so that the payment gateway knows where to send the response.

I've noticed other payment methods such as Paypal and Sage/Opayo also have such a field and they set the field with the following value respectively,

Paypal:

'return_url' => tep_href_link("callback/webhooks.payment.{$this->code}", 'action=return', 'SSL', true, false),

Sage/Opayo:

'NotificationURL' => tep_href_link('callback/sage-server', 'check=SERVER&' . tep_session_name() . '=' . tep_session_id() . $partlyPaid, 'SSL', false),

I also notice that Sage/Opayo is doing the response handling in the exact same method (before_process()) where they call to the their payment gateway. What url should I put if I would like to achieve the same result?

• 7 months later...

For a webhook or payment notification you use the call_webhooks function in your payment gateway code and the URL is constructed as your example from paypal (like  https://www.mystore.dev/mystore/callback/webhooks.payment.mygateway ). For redirection methods you would add a success/fail/cancel URLs that you can point to https://www.mystore.dev/mystore/checkout/process and handle the response in the before_process and after_process functions in your payment gateway code.