• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Trying to customize a theme....

spoma

All

I'm trying to customize a theme and add in some widgets that appear to come installed by default. I've read a couple of the 'how to' on the wiki page and they don't seem to be helping me out. 

I go into the theme being used and i select Customize.  I see 'Add Widget' on the screen and if I click on it a pop shows different widgets but I can't add them to a template.  If I drag them onto a page, it says the name of the widget in the theme but doesn't appear to add a widget. 

Also, there are banners and other widgets on the theme I copied and I can't seem to remove them.

I feel that I'm missing something fairly simple but I've spent a couple of hours looking into this and don't seem to be making any progress.

Thanks

Mark

15 hours ago, spoma said:

All

I'm trying to customize a theme and add in some widgets that appear to come installed by default. I've read a couple of the 'how to' on the wiki page and they don't seem to be helping me out. 

I go into the theme being used and i select Customize.  I see 'Add Widget' on the screen and if I click on it a pop shows different widgets but I can't add them to a template.  If I drag them onto a page, it says the name of the widget in the theme but doesn't appear to add a widget. 

Also, there are banners and other widgets on the theme I copied and I can't seem to remove them.

I feel that I'm missing something fairly simple but I've spent a couple of hours looking into this and don't seem to be making any progress.

Thanks

Mark

Hi Mark,

After you click on Widget button please click on the required image in the list and wait for a few seconds - the required image should appear but not always at the place you expect it to see. Please see what block you add your widget to and where it appears - sometimes in the beginning of the block, sometimes in the end. If it still does not appear please try to refresh the page. In order to delete a widget please click on the trash icon. Please see the screenshot below. 

Best regards,

Ivan

image.thumb.png.b573abdecc4ec0b65f2672f550eac73d.png

Thanks @Tanya K.   I have not renamed the admin folder at all since it is a local installation I'm using for testing out the product.  I can try the method you used of renaming, changing in config, and then changing it back and see if this helps the problems go away.  Thanks.