• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to add more zone rates to zone rate shipping in OSC4?

mendoh

Hi everybody.

The Zone Rates shipping method in OSC4 currently presents you with only one shipping zone, which you can use to set only one group of rates for only one group of countries.

How to add more shipping zone rates (hence more rates as well as other groups of countries) to the OSC4 Zone Rates shipping method?

Thank you

On 2/14/2023 at 2:51 PM, osCommerce-Official said:

Hello again,

after installing the app, I have started using it and found an issue as follows: there are actually four different shipping tables for each zone, however, I cannot add more than two out of the available four. 

If, after successfully adding a second one, I try to add a third one more, after pressing the update/save button, my changes are not retained and only a few of them randomically appear inside the shipping table I have just added, thus making it completely useless. 

Repeating from scratch the whole operation does not change a thing: it is apparently impossible to add more than two shipping tables. 

Can you check whether you can actully replicate the above issue?

Thank you

On 2/18/2023 at 3:49 AM, mendoh said:

after installing the app, I have started using it and found an issue as follows: there are actually four different shipping tables for each zone, however, I cannot add more than two out of the available four. 

If, after successfully adding a second one, I try to add a third one more, after pressing the update/save button, my changes are not retained and only a few of them randomically appear inside the shipping table I have just added, thus making it completely useless. 

Repeating from scratch the whole operation does not change a thing: it is apparently impossible to add more than two shipping tables. 

Can you check whether you can actully replicate the above issue?

Could you illustrate the issue with a screenshot? And describe the steps on how we can reproduce the problem.

On 2/20/2023 at 10:48 PM, pandrei said:

Could you illustrate the issue with a screenshot? And describe the steps on how we can reproduce the problem.

Hello Andrei,

it is very difficult for me to get a screenshot of the issue, because the various shipping table subsections expand A LOT whenever I tick on one to enable it, thus greatly exceeding the available screen size. 

I will try and see what I can do, to confirm and report the issue: in layman's terms, after the second shipping table has been added, the third one will either not retain any changes or only retain some of those (e.g.: shipping weight and price) in an apparently randomic way. 

Also, I still could not understand the reason why one shipping table already comes with a name, whereas others under the same zone are totally blank with no apparent chance to give them a name at all (please see the following screenshot):

image.thumb.png.93b6322c2755c27967130c645da96f52.png

Thank you

Mendoh

8 hours ago, pandrei said:

Try to replace the file lib/common/modules/orderShipping/zonetable.php with the attached one.

Hello Andrei!

I am glad to inform you that the new zonetable.php file you sent me has apparently solved the issue I had with the zone tables. 

Thanks a lot!

However, this issue:

File lib/common/modules/orderShipping/zonetable.php checksum mismatch.

which I get whenever trying to update to the latest version, still persists...

11 hours ago, mendoh said:

..further to my previous post, this is where my attempted update ends:

update_from_54127_to_55467_version.zip installation aborted.
You can use force update exclude mark as ignore. In this case all local changes not marked as ignore will be lost.

This update may not install well on some hosts. If possible, I would recommend that you delay the update until next week. We are going to release a more stable update.

On 2/25/2023 at 1:28 PM, pandrei said:

This update may not install well on some hosts. If possible, I would recommend that you delay the update until next week. We are going to release a more stable update.

Hello Andrei,

thanks for your feed-back. 

Definitely not a problem for me to wait a few more days to install the new upcoming update...

On 2/25/2023 at 1:28 PM, pandrei said:

I would recommend that you delay the update until next week. We are going to release a more stable update.

Hello Andrei,

I have noticed a new update is available (version update #55620), however, it is not accessible to me owing to the fact that I still have version update #55467 which I could not install owing to the above issue.

In other words, the version update #55467 still gives me the same and previously reported issue/mismatch error and apparently will not let me skip/jump to version update #55620 at all...what am I supposed to do?

Hello Mendoh,

You can apply both migrations. Use the force update link if you see that zonetable.php checksum mismatch. The update includes the changes I sent you.

If you see any error while updating, please let me know.