• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Installation of OSCommerce 4_08_54127

spoma

I'm currently running a production environment with OSCommerce 2.4 and I'm in the process of trying to set up a local environment with OSCommerce 4, so that I can test it out.  I'm struggling with the initial installation of it however.

I'm installing it on a Mac with Big Sur 11.6.6 and I'm using XAMPP 8.0.25

While doing the installation I'm getting a failure on Intl Internationalization PHP module not being there.  I've trying searching how to install intl with php thinking this might help, but either i'm not doing it correct or it's not working.

Hoping someone can tell me what this install check is looking for.  Assuming its PHP intl hoping someone can help me get it installed.

I'm running PHP 8.0.25

Thank you

It seems to meet all of the criteria and I always ran v2.3.4 on the machine for testing and initial setup.  I hope this still works with the later version.  It seems the issue at hand is the only failure.

162578874_ScreenShot2023-01-29at7_19_20AM.thumb.jpg.0fe7f427e224b2131d8af9e1ab9a6e0a.jpg

We did not test osCommerce under Mac and XAMPP and cannot guarantee that all features will work as they should.

16 hours ago, spoma said:

Hoping someone can tell me what this install check is looking for.  Assuming its PHP intl hoping someone can help me get it installed. 

I think this answer might help you to install Intl extension: https://stackoverflow.com/a/32404183

Thanks for the response.  I did originally follow that link. 

I'm assuming from the response that intl is what the code is looking for when it fails the pre-requesite at this point.  

When following that link I was receiving an error when running sudo pecl install intl

I receive the error that 'phpize' failed.  The line before the error is:
- autom4te: need GNU m4 1.4 or later: /opt/local/bin/gm4

thanks

Mark

Thanks koopmanh.  I had already gone that route and enabled it in the php.ini file

Since others mentioned it was not supported on a mac osx i'm actually in the process of standing up a Centos 7 environment and will install on there.  Hopefully my problems go away in this environment but I will let you know if i have problems

thanks