• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Create customer account problems

Jack_mcs

When a new account is created it just asks for name, password and email address. The mailing address is not requested. Is this how it should work? That will be very confusing to customers.

After creating an account, the state is set to Missouri for some reason. But when editing the address book, no state selector is shown (see attached). The state setting in admin is set to required.

fail_missing_state.jpg

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

For those that have this problem, there are 'required' and 'required_register' settings, The latter is needed to make this work. 

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

4 minutes ago, Jack_mcs said:

For those that have this problem, there are 'required' and 'required_register' settings, The latter is needed to make this work. 

You are right.

On 1/24/2023 at 6:24 PM, Jack_mcs said:

After creating an account, the state is set to Missouri for some reason. But when editing the address book, no state selector is shown (see attached). The state setting in admin is set to required.

To show the state on the Update Address Book Entry page, go to Admin > Settings > Configuration >  Billing Customer Details and change value of the state to visible