• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Voucher and Credit Emails - Format Errors?

Mort-lemur

I have been looking at the functionality of the Voucher and Credit system on V4 which seems to work well.

However, the email sent to customers is not formatted correctly (ie in plain english) as it shows all the HTML tags etc as the sample below,

Where are these emails generated and is there a template that can be altered to suit?

Many Thanks

--=_49c476839223b5a7b9e15c2f484ada9d
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Your credit amount has been changed on: +£10.00

--=_49c476839223b5a7b9e15c2f484ada9d
Content-Type: text/html; charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div class=3D"block email" data-name=3D"email" data-type=3D"email"><div cla=
ss=3D"box-block type-1 w-email-block-box"  data-name=3D"email\BlockBox" id=
=3D"box-210060"><table cellpadding=3D"0" cellspacing=3D"0" border=3D"0" wid=
th=3D"100%"><tr><td width=3D"100%"><div class=3D"block" data-name=3D"block-=
210060"><div class=3D"box-block type-1 w-email-block-box"  style=3D"max-wid=
th:800px;margin: 0 auto;background-color: #ffffff;" data-name=3D"email\Bloc=

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

7 minutes ago, Mort-lemur said:

I have been looking at the functionality of the Voucher and Credit system on V4 which seems to work well.

However, the email sent to customers is not formatted correctly (ie in plain english) as it shows all the HTML tags etc as the sample below,

Where are these emails generated and is there a template that can be altered to suit?

Many Thanks

Please try going to Design and CMS / Email Templates

There you will find "Credit amount notification" email template. It looks like it may be missing the "text" part, and uses the HTML content instead. 

Thank You,

Indeed the plain text tab of the email was empty.

However, I also had to disable "Use MIME HTML When Sending Emails" in Settings - Configuration - E-Mail Options for it to send in the plain text version. as the HTML version is still adding in all the data as shown above.

Thanks

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.