• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Can't get database migrated

I've gone through the migration process but when I get to the OSCommerce Connector Service page I get this failure:

failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found

If I visit the url on the old site where the oscb directory is, it loads and displays the following error message, which I think is correct at this point.

Please check Authorization topic in readme file.

I have my secure key entered and have tried all three of the secure methods. Any suggestions on what I should try?

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

14 hours ago, Jack_mcs said:

I've gone through the migration process but when I get to the OSCommerce Connector Service page I get this failure:

failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found

You have to turn on allow_url_include option in php.ini

https://www.php.net/manual/en/filesystem.configuration.php#ini.allow-url-fopen

@pandreiThanks, that got me past that. Now, when I try importing the categories I get the following error:

Start import for Categories... Expecting: 7
Import was interrupted due an error: Object of class common\extensions\OscLink\models\Entity could not be converted to string Failed to prepare SQL: SELECT COUNT(*) FROM `categories`.`f` LEFT JOIN `connector_osclink_mapping` `m` ON m.internal_id = f.categories_id AND entity_id => :entityId WHERE m.internal_id IS NULL

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

@pandreiThanks, again. I was able to get the database converted. I have three suggestions.

1 - The instructions for converting the database says to extract the converter into the root of the shop and, when unzipped, it would create the oscb directory. In an earlier version of the oscb package, that was true. But in the latest one it just extracts all files into the shops root. So either the oscb package or the instructions to use it should be changed.

2 - When clicking on an Import button, it would be nice to see an indicator that something is happening. For small tables, the status message appears fairly quickly. But for large tables, there is nothing to show it is running. I waited 5 minutes for one such table and never saw a response. Though when I checked the database later. the items were there.

3 - For the allow_url_includes problem, a message indicating it is not set would save problems, I think. As I'm sure you know, that setting is no longer enabled by default newer versions of php so I suspect you will see others having this problem. 

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

7 hours ago, Jack_mcs said:

I have three suggestions

Thanks for your suggestions. They all sounds good and we are going to implement them.

8 hours ago, Jack_mcs said:

2 - When clicking on an Import button, it would be nice to see an indicator that something is happening. For small tables, the status message appears fairly quickly. But for large tables, there is nothing to show it is running. I waited 5 minutes for one such table and never saw a response. Though when I checked the database later. the items were there.

The delay is related to the caching of the sent data (most likely you have fpm caching). The only thing that can be done is to mark the beginning of the operation.