• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

V4 Install Errors

MrMayberry

Need help installing and understanding what I don't understand? HA.

I had a version of 4.06 installed no errors and running for the past 30+ days. But now it is updated to 4.08 and things are not working:

• Can't see bottom 3 squares/tiles on dashboard (News, New Applications, & Featured Applications)
  • Can't run any of the Tools (Admin --> Tools --> ALL OPTIONS GIVE INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
  • Can't open Admin --> App Shop

I still have another site running a 4.06 and it is working correctly on a shared server with the 4.08 domain that isn't working.

I have tried to install another fresh copy of 4.06 and can't get to the frontend or the admin after what appears to be a clean install?

https://www.customlaserengravedgifts.com/oscom406_new/store

I have tried to install another copy of 4.08 and it fails to save the config file during installation process?

image.thumb.png.27ac7f89b54ea6d808b8d165ce87bfed.png

Please advise what to do?

8 hours ago, MrMayberry said:

I had a version of 4.06 installed no errors and running for the past 30+ days. But now it is updated to 4.08 and things are not working:

• Can't see bottom 3 squares/tiles on dashboard (News, New Applications, & Featured Applications)
  • Can't run any of the Tools (Admin --> Tools --> ALL OPTIONS GIVE INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
  • Can't open Admin --> App Shop 

You can send me the log files in pm for these locations:

lib/backend/runtime/logs/*.log

lib/console/runtime/logs/*.log

8 hours ago, MrMayberry said:

I have tried to install another copy of 4.08 and it fails to save the config file during installation process?

Could you move the mouse pointer to i symbol at the end of error message. The hint will be shown. What does it say?

The error reads:

"file_put_contents(./../includes/local/configure.php): failed to open stream: Permission Denied"

image.thumb.png.03bc97733e5315c064cead82e480453d.png

I also sent my log files over for the site that needs to be running.

The 4.06 and 4.08 installs are new installation trying to recover the one that was running, AKA log files that I sent.

Hopefully this make sense.

So I just received this from my hosting support team:

Greetings again,

I see that the default PHP controller for PHP7.4 was set to the CGI handler. Sites not using the PHP-fpm controller will use the default handler. I switched the default controller to the FastCGI (fcgi) handler to help improve performance for the sites not using the PHP-fpm service. I also modified the Apache settings to optimize the FCGI handler and to better handle the traffic to the sites. I then restarted the services for the changes to take Æffect.
Both of the provided URLs from your last message are working on my end now:

Now both new installations seem to be working? 

My original sites seems better, I am going thru it now to make sure everything is working as it should. I will give update after some more research.

Just now, MrMayberry said:

Now both new installations seem to be working? 

My original sites seems better, I am going thru it now to make sure everything is working as it should. I will give update after some more research.

I hope so. Let us know if they work ok.

Edited by pandrei

OK,

That last update from the hosting company seems to have fixed a lot of the problems.

We are still missing the bottom right corner of the dashboard in the admin section:

image.thumb.png.49fa840b1f0d2f2dae4d74d5b13800e1.png

When we click on the "App Shop" bottom left corner of admin we get this:

image.thumb.png.c2e9d4bb5044b600ecbb9815f0cd53ca.png

But the app shop in the test installations is working and is within the same domain? Please advise on getting the app shop to work again?

I don't know what version it is running at the moment?

Does it auto update? If not, I started the old running site on 4.06 2-3 months ago? It was working up to Dec 12/15th then wierd things started happening?

Where can I check which version is running on : https://www.customlaserengravedgifts.com (with out being able to get to the "App Shop" screen?

Thanks for all the help

3 minutes ago, MrMayberry said:

I don't know what version it is running at the moment?

Does it auto update? If not, I started the old running site on 4.06 2-3 months ago? It was working up to Dec 12/15th then wierd things started happening?

Where can I check which version is running on : https://www.customlaserengravedgifts.com (with out being able to get to the "App Shop" screen?

Thanks for all the help

Please go to admin/configuration/index page and let me know value of Database revision title.

No, it does not auto update.

It would be great to see the logs after the update from your hosting company. Could you resend them?

40 minutes ago, MrMayberry said:

My Database Revision is 53163.

It's revision of 4.07 version.

41 minutes ago, MrMayberry said:

I will message you with newest log files for your review.

Thanks for the log files.

The cause of the error and empty boxes is disabled allow_url_fopen setting https://www.php.net/manual/en/filesystem.configuration.php#ini.allow-url-fopen

You should turn on allow_url_fopen php settings in php.ini or in the apache configuration file. Or ask your hosting company to do it.

Alright,

It appears that PHP-FPM was disabled on this domain keeping the news/update boxes from showing and not allowing my to access the app shop.

All the other problems was being caused by the above features being set to CGI and not FCGI.

Thanks for all the help, I hope this can help the next person that may have trouble!