• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Saving Category Images not Working (on xampp)

Mort-lemur

Ok - so I am playing with V4 on xampp, and have discovered an issue - when I add a new category and try to assign images to that category pressing the "save" button does not actually save the images to the category - in fact it does nothing. - I have a feeling that this is something to do with me running OSC on xampp. The error shown in the log is as follows:

2022-12-22 18:49:41 [127.0.0.1][-][oa4cntjlgne9a243317l955ga3][error][yii\base\ErrorException:2] yii\base\ErrorException: mkdir(): No such file or directory in C:\xampp\htdocs\catalog\lib\backend\design\Uploads.php:35
Stack trace:
#0 C:\xampp\htdocs\catalog\lib\common\classes\TlErrorHandler.php(51): yii\base\ErrorHandler->handleError(2, 'mkdir(): No suc...', 'C:\\xampp\\htdocs...', 35)
#1 [internal function]: common\classes\TlErrorHandler->handleError(2, 'mkdir(): No suc...', 'C:\\xampp\\htdocs...', 35)
#2 C:\xampp\htdocs\catalog\lib\backend\design\Uploads.php(35): mkdir('C:/xampp/htdocs...', 511)
#3 C:\xampp\htdocs\catalog\lib\backend\controllers\CategoriesController.php(5306): backend\design\Uploads::move('PC150111.JPG', 'images/categori...', true)
#4 [internal function]: backend\controllers\CategoriesController->actionCategorySubmit()
#5 C:\xampp\htdocs\catalog\lib\vendor\yiisoft\yii2\base\InlineAction.php(57): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#6 C:\xampp\htdocs\catalog\lib\vendor\yiisoft\yii2\base\Controller.php(178): yii\base\InlineAction->runWithParams(Array)
#7 C:\xampp\htdocs\catalog\lib\vendor\yiisoft\yii2\base\Module.php(552): yii\base\Controller->runAction('category-submit', Array)
#8 C:\xampp\htdocs\catalog\lib\vendor\yiisoft\yii2\web\Application.php(103): yii\base\Module->runAction('categories/cate...', Array)
#9 C:\xampp\htdocs\catalog\lib\vendor\yiisoft\yii2\base\Application.php(384): yii\web\Application->handleRequest(Object(yii\web\Request))
#10 C:\xampp\htdocs\catalog\lib\backend\web\index.php(29): yii\base\Application->run()
#11 C:\xampp\htdocs\catalog\admin\index.php(15): require('C:\\xampp\\htdocs...')
#12 {main}

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

@Mort-lemur

1 hour ago, Mort-lemur said:

Ok - so I am playing with V4 on xampp, and have discovered an issue - when I add a new category and try to assign images to that category pressing the "save" button does not actually save the images to the category - in fact it does nothing. - I have a feeling that this is something to do with me running OSC on xampp. The error shown in the log is as follows:

2022-12-22 18:49:41 [127.0.0.1][-][oa4cntjlgne9a243317l955ga3][error][yii\base\ErrorException:2] yii\base\ErrorException: mkdir(): No such file or directory in C:\xampp\htdocs\catalog\lib\backend\design\Uploads.php:35
Stack trace:
#0 C:\xampp\htdocs\catalog\lib\common\classes\TlErrorHandler.php(51): yii\base\ErrorHandler->handleError(2, 'mkdir(): No suc...', 'C:\\xampp\\htdocs...', 35)
#1 [internal function]: common\classes\TlErrorHandler->handleError(2, 'mkdir(): No suc...', 'C:\\xampp\\htdocs...', 35)
#2 C:\xampp\htdocs\catalog\lib\backend\design\Uploads.php(35): mkdir('C:/xampp/htdocs...', 511)
#3 C:\xampp\htdocs\catalog\lib\backend\controllers\CategoriesController.php(5306): backend\design\Uploads::move('PC150111.JPG', 'images/categori...', true)
#4 [internal function]: backend\controllers\CategoriesController->actionCategorySubmit()
#5 C:\xampp\htdocs\catalog\lib\vendor\yiisoft\yii2\base\InlineAction.php(57): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#6 C:\xampp\htdocs\catalog\lib\vendor\yiisoft\yii2\base\Controller.php(178): yii\base\InlineAction->runWithParams(Array)
#7 C:\xampp\htdocs\catalog\lib\vendor\yiisoft\yii2\base\Module.php(552): yii\base\Controller->runAction('category-submit', Array)
#8 C:\xampp\htdocs\catalog\lib\vendor\yiisoft\yii2\web\Application.php(103): yii\base\Module->runAction('categories/cate...', Array)
#9 C:\xampp\htdocs\catalog\lib\vendor\yiisoft\yii2\base\Application.php(384): yii\web\Application->handleRequest(Object(yii\web\Request))
#10 C:\xampp\htdocs\catalog\lib\backend\web\index.php(29): yii\base\Application->run()
#11 C:\xampp\htdocs\catalog\admin\index.php(15): require('C:\\xampp\\htdocs...')
#12 {main}

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Not that I know what I'm talking about ... <g>, but I see:

C:\xampp in the first line, and in most of the other lines

* but I also see *

C:\\xampp in lines 0 and 11

* Oh, I also see *

both C:\xampp *and* C:/xampp in line 2

maybe ?

Edited by ArtcoInc

It's not enough. As I said before some features may not work incorrectly under Windows.

Open lib/backend/controllers/CategoriesController.php. And add new line 5307

$val = Uploads::move($categories_image_loaded, $imgPath . $imageType, true);
                    $val = str_replace('\\', '/', $val);
                    $val = str_replace(DIR_WS_IMAGES, '', $val);

@pandrei  Thank You.

Using xampp was too slow and clunky, so now I have switched to a server running php 8.

Do the above changes only apply to xampp installations, or should they be applied regardless? as I am still having problems with category images on the live server.

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

4 hours ago, Mort-lemur said:

Using xampp was too slow and clunky, so now I have switched to a server running php 8.

You are absolutely right. That's why we consider windows servers only for test purposes.

4 hours ago, Mort-lemur said:

Do the above changes only apply to xampp installations, or should they be applied regardless? as I am still having problems with category images on the live server.

The above changes fix category images for windows servers only.

Hi - I am now trying to work with this on an apache server running php 8 with a plesk control panel.

But I am still having issues being unable to upload category images - the error log gives me the following:

[error][yii\base\InvalidArgumentException] yii\base\InvalidArgumentException: common\models\CategoriesPlatformSettings has no relation named "imageMap". in /var/www/vhosts/mysite.co.uk/httpdocs/lib/vendor/yiisoft/yii2/db/BaseActiveRecord.php:1247

I have deleted OSC and reinstalled several times but still the same.

23 hours ago, Mort-lemur said:

But I am still having issues being unable to upload category images - the error log gives me the following:

[error][yii\base\InvalidArgumentException] yii\base\InvalidArgumentException: common\models\CategoriesPlatformSettings has no relation named "imageMap". in /var/www/vhosts/mysite.co.uk/httpdocs/lib/vendor/yiisoft/yii2/db/BaseActiveRecord.php:1247

I have deleted OSC and reinstalled several times but still the same. 

It's another error. Could you send me the logs? You can use Admin > Settings > Tools > Error Log Viewer > Download all logs for that.

@pandrei Thank you.

First I am asking the hosting company if there is anything stopping any files being unpacked or run - as during the installation process on the server, the "unpacking files" page went on forever and I had to stop it (after around 3 hours) and manually unzip the files - so I have a feeling that some files may be missing.

Will update when they get back to me - I have wiped the server and left it in a ready to install condition for them to look at.

Many Thanks