• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

2.3.4 - Recommendation for Payment Processor

Mort-lemur

Hi All,

I'm looking for a recommendation for a payment processor to integrate into my UK site which is running on a modified 2.3.4 system

For the past 8 years I have been using Barclays EPDQ without issue until Barclays decided to change their integration, so my site no longer communicates with Barclays - unfortunately the original producers of the EPDQ module have long gone.

So I'm looking to change to a new module (Stripe? Worldpay?) and looking for some comments from users of these (or any other systems).

I need to integrate into my payment page, with the customer being transferred to the processors page to make payment.

I also need to be able to take telephone payments when a customer calls to pay.

Thank You :)

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

Depending on sales volume, you may find Braintree (a paypal company) will do what you need. Been using it for years on a modified 2.3.4 system without problem. Does not send the customer to a separate website to pay, integrates in the checkout_confirmation.php page. Think they refer to it as a "drop in." Presents as an app like Paypal does. Has it's own tab on admin/orders.php when looking at an individual order that was paid using Braintree.

checkout_confirmation.php.jpg

Updating to V4 is on the Horizon - once it is more "mature" eg once it actually has prices against some more of the add-ons. I don't want to commit to the change if add-ons I need are not available or are £££££

My sites are running on 2.3.4 with MTS to make them mobile friendly and apart from the EPDQ changes (by Barclays Bank) run as smooth as clockwork.

I already use PayPal, but a lot of my customers prefer to use a credit card system or phone us to pay.

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

Phone Orders @Mort-lemurHi Heather. Stripe is a nice replacement for Paypal if there is a version that will work for your shop. The main downside is that it doesn't handle as many countries as Paypal.

For taking phone orders, there is my Phone Orders addon. It allows you access to the customers account so you can place an order as if they did it. Or you can install the Master Password addon, which will also allow you to access the account. There is also the Manual Order Maker addon that allows you to create an order in admin but it requires many more changes compared to the first two I mentioned. 

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

8 minutes ago, GetSirius said:

Forgot to add that Braintree allows you to log in and process a phoned in credit card online. 

Thanks I'll take a look - I presume this is the one? https://old.oscommerce.com/fLJ7x&braintree-app-v3

1 minute ago, Jack_mcs said:

Phone Orders @Mort-lemurHi Heather. Stripe is a nice replacement for Paypal if there is a version that will work for your shop. The main downside is that it doesn't handle as many countries as Paypal.

For taking phone orders, there is my Phone Orders addon. It allows you access to the customers account so you can place an order as if they did it. Or you can install the Master Password addon, which will also allow you to access the account. There is also the Manual Order Maker addon that allows you to create an order in admin but it requires many more changes compared to the first two I mentioned. 

Thanks Jack - I only take orders from the UK.

I already have manual order maker and order editor installed as well as master password, so adding orders is not a problem.

But with EPDQ i could enter payment details manually as "cardholder not present" transactions which gave me an authorization code to pass to the customer on the Barclays site, rather than "pretending" to be the customer entering the details.

1 hour ago, Mort-lemur said:

Updating to V4 is on the Horizon - once it is more "mature" eg once it actually has prices against some more of the add-ons. I don't want to commit to the change if add-ons I need are not available or are £££££

My sites are running on 2.3.4 with MTS to make them mobile friendly and apart from the EPDQ changes (by Barclays Bank) run as smooth as clockwork.

I already use PayPal, but a lot of my customers prefer to use a credit card system or phone us to pay.

Got it. 

We have made ALL the apps free till the end of the year. We are adding apps at the moment to the App shop. 

Please feel free to get in touch if you have any questions or if you would like us to recommend a development partner for your v4 project. 

Have a good evening! 

Archived